2014 weight loss challenge

Morning, i have to agree with upndown. Im always going back to SW yes its slow but i feel its more of a 'real' life diet than the others. Yes theres quick losses on some other diets but i cant keep them up. I find SW a way of life (except when the binge monster strikes!!)
Everyone is different though and you just need to try and test what suits you.
Good luck whatever you decide there are lots of lovely people to help you on mins. X:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the advice and like many of you always come back to SW :) I'm really going to get myself sorted do some research get my books out and give some time to this as I always put everyone else first and have no energy or time for me :( I really want SW to work as it fits in with the rest of my family and once I know what I'm doing it will hopefully become second nature and won't have to think about it too much and just becomes a way of life. I also want to get to or close to my target this year I just need to be patient and if it's a lb per week just accept that's the way I loose weight any loss is good :) x

It's crazy how fast this years going !! Can someone please update me on the list to say I've lost 4.5 now?! I lost half a pound this week! Not bad for Easter really lol x

Allo!

I'm planning on switching back to SW once I lose a good chunk of weight as well. Much more freedom with portions as sometimes it's a struggle on a cal counted amount.

I've managed to follow diet perfectly all week so far :)

Had a sneak peek at scales this morning (I know, I know, I couldn't resist) and it showed a 0.4lb gain..pah!

Guess all the Easter binging is still catching up with me. Fingers crossed it starts shifting in right direction before Sunday...or that it means a good loss next week!

Here is the new list for newme :)

Updated 24/04/14
Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 12.5lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 14.2lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 42lbs - lost 0.5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 28lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 31lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4.5lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 7.5lbs
CatA - pledged 50.4lbs - lost 0lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 24.5lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 10.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 14lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 15.6 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 19lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 5.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 4lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 9lbs
zigmaster - pledged 42lbs - lost 3 lbs

I have a job interview next Weds! Literally 10 min walk from home.

Just now I got a voicemail as well, another one I applied to I got confirmation from agency they had shortlisted but probably won't hear from them til after 9th May when their hunting ends. Wrong, they want me to ring back to arrange an interview!

Just hoping something comes of it this time.

I HATE my current job with a passion and want to work locally not in London. Hubby in same position, he actually has a second interview for a local one the day before mine, they seem really interested in him considering they weren't meant to interview yet so keeping everything crossed that this will be a good year for both of us.

Just hoping something comes of it this time.

I HATE my current job with a passion and want to work locally not in London. Hubby in same position, he actually has a second interview for a local one the day before mine, they seem really interested in him considering they weren't meant to interview yet so keeping everything crossed that this will be a good year for both of us.

Good luck on the job hunt! Nothing worse than being in a job you hate! And good luck with the weight loss! xxxx

Well done on the losses Upndown, featherweight and newme!! Upndown you are so close to your target! Is that your final target or do you want to lose more?

Good luck with the job hunting cat!

Hi - I know what u mean - and yes I've swapped and lost - I've tried and retried loads of diets but always find I turn back to SW. I agree it's easier to eats lots on SW and remain on plan - but (forgive me if I sound like a preacher! Just trying to help!) if u follow the SW rules it does reduce the amount of calories u eat but the counting is done for u. SW have created the EE, Red, Green and Success Express plans to make losing weight flexible and suitable for as many ppl as poss - but there'll be some ppl only needing to lose say 7lbs whilst others need to lose many stones - so we all have to consider how we can work with the plans - for instance:- I've heard many ppl say that u can each as much as u like on SW - that's no quite right - the rule is that we eat enough to satisfy our appetites - I used to struggle with that but now I have a hot drink after each meal - I find it fills me up and I wait about 20 mins and if I'm really hungry - I eat more. (Of course I'm no saint and I don't manage to do this all the time - check out my sign in name - just passing on what's worked for me!) Another rule that we sometimes 'forget' is that whenever we eat - we shd have 1/3 of superfree food on our plates and they suggest that superfree shd be our first choice between meals too - cos that way we'll be filling ourselves up on very low cal food. Like u I've struggled with portion control- bet many here have too - but when I started following SW's 7 day menu plans from the website (u can access those - even if ur not a member) or buy their mags - I found the food was filling and I started to enjoy it and cos I was really fed up of losing/gaining all the time wanted to get to target this time. I've learnt a lot from others here and I think the best tip I've had - was to write out the meals for the week - just a list of 7 b'fasts, lunches and teas with a few bits for snacks - then do the weekly shop - it helped me to be more organised and got into the routine of cooking appetising meals for the family - again lots of ideas for things like SW burgers, choc brownies, scotch eggs, soups, curries, pizzas etc. I find reading ppl's food diaries is good too. If ur struggling with anything, just post a question - I find that the lovely ppl here are happy to help and have often had a similar query/problem in the past - good luck with whichever way to decide to lose the weight - sorry for the L-O-N-G post!!

Great post Upndown. And totally agree about understanding that you can't eat as much as you want. I think once you get your head round that,and that free food doesn't mean unlimited, and that you really shouldn't have a mountain of pasta etc every night and eat til you're uncomfortably full, then you will do well with it. The first time I did sw I was eating fat free super noodles as snacks because they were free-and I wondered why I didn't lose much weight! I was also having crazy portions even though I've never been one for having big portions, I think 'because I could' was the reason for that, when in reality I couldn't! I'm eating much more sensibly this time(on the days i stick to it) and whilst I'm not eating exciting food at the minute as I'm still getting to grips with it, I feel like I'm eating better, and out of hunger rather than other reasons

Wayhey cat!!! Fingers crossed for you!

My partner lives in windsor an when i go and visit i ususally commute into london for the day and its just horrible couldnt imagine doing it everyday you must have the patience of a saint!

I hate it and I live in a London Borough, but people are complete arses in Central London! lol

I am only on a train for 16 mins and tube/bus for 5-10 mins and by end of it I can feel blood pressure rising.

I've also never been ill so often as I have since I started there in 2012. Madness!

Back