2014 weight loss challenge

Welcome!! Congrats on your wedding, what a great incentive! Are you going to sw classes or going it alone? Good luck with your goal, I think you have a pretty realistic target!

I am going to classes - had first weigh in last Wednesday and lost 6.5lbs. Aiming for 2lb per week average - wedding year also coincides with my 60th birthday in March so a lot of celebrations next year

Oooh lots of parties for you then :)

So its a sts this week but after cutting all of my exercise out im over the moon with this :)

Glad you are happy with the weigh in Lou Lou!

Non scale victory for me today-5 pairs of jeans from my 'nearly fit' pile have made their way into my wardrobe, yay! Really don't think I will have lost weight come Wednesday but I think Pilates is helping the shape of my body so I won't be too disappointed-goes to show that the scale doesn't tell the whole story-I know people have always said that but I think I didn't really believe it until I saw it happen for me

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! I'm about to go to asda for a big shop, and as usual I haven't bothered doing a meal plan so il be winging it! One of these days I will be one of those organised women I keep reading about lol.

Good news Loulou and well done autumn in getting those jeans into the wardrobe ! Must be a great feeling ! I was such a numpty last night - the hubby went to shops and I asked for a standard pack of minstrels but he bought a huge bag as it was cheaper comparatively. I diligently weighed out my 42 g - worth 6 pp but of course later on in the night I ended up eating about the same or more again ! My off switch is well and truly broken !

Well done on all the losses.

As for me, well....complete and utter standstill after a week of being good...pah!

I must admit I feel a little upset as I have been 100% good dieting. I guess the Easter choc hangover was still climbing so I only lost any gain since first weigh-in...hurumph!
icon_e_sad.gif

Thanks guys :) wow congrats autumn!!

I think off scales victories are so much better than the scales. I fit into a size of 14 jeans for the first time in 5 years this week and ive been living in them constantly haha

Good news Loulou and well done autumn in getting those jeans into the wardrobe ! Must be a great feeling ! I was such a numpty last night - the hubby went to shops and I asked for a standard pack of minstrels but he bought a huge bag as it was cheaper comparatively. I diligently weighed out my 42 g - worth 6 pp but of course later on in the night I ended up eating about the same or more again ! My off switch is well and truly broken !

I was complaining to oh about the price of food, like why would I pay 85p for a standard packet of crisps when I can get a big bag for a pound, it's ridiculous! I've done what u did lots of times, had good intentions and then gone back for seconds, it's just far too tempting! At least you tried though!

Well done on all the losses. As for me, well....complete and utter standstill after a week of being good...pah! I must admit I feel a little upset as I have been 100% good dieting. I guess the Easter choc hangover was still climbing so I only lost any gain since first weigh-in...hurumph!

Sorry you are a bit frustrated, but the good eating will catch up with you just as bad eating does so don't give up!

Thanks guys :) wow congrats autumn!! I think off scales victories are so much better than the scales. I fit into a size of 14 jeans for the first time in 5 years this week and ive been living in them constantly haha

I agree they are definitely underrated, congrats on fitting into your size fourteens, it's such a great feeling isn't it?!

I agree they are definitely underrated, congrats on fitting into your size fourteens, it's such a great feeling isn't it?!

Yea its an amazing feeling. Already been out and brought some size 12s as a target haha

Well done on all the losses.

As for me, well....complete and utter standstill after a week of being good...pah!

I must admit I feel a little upset as I have been 100% good dieting. I guess the Easter choc hangover was still climbing so I only lost any gain since first weigh-in...hurumph!

Cat sometimes it takes a little bit for your body to catch up. Keep at it and im sure the scales will reward you next week :)

Well done to everyone on all the losses.

Good luck with the interview CatA.

I have been off the rails, a wee fat pig.

I need to get back on it & start being more involved on here to keep me on track.

Dxxx

I'm the same dolly rocker, over eaten big time today, I think it's cos I'm due to weigh in this week, I always seem to sabotage myself :-(

I'm the same dolly rocker, over eaten big time today, I think it's cos I'm due to weigh in this week, I always seem to sabotage myself :-(

Well u were brave to try something different - I'm still scales-obsessed!! So see what u think when u WI on Friday (is it?). I'm the sabotage queen u know!! :queen:

Glad you are happy with the weigh in Lou Lou!

Non scale victory for me today-5 pairs of jeans from my 'nearly fit' pile have made their way into my wardrobe, yay! Really don't think I will have lost weight come Wednesday but I think Pilates is helping the shape of my body so I won't be too disappointed-goes to show that the scale doesn't tell the whole story-I know people have always said that but I think I didn't really believe it until I saw it happen for me

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! I'm about to go to asda for a big shop, and as usual I haven't bothered doing a meal plan so il be winging it! One of these days I will be one of those organised women I keep reading about lol.

Yes I def agree it's what we look like that matters (says she who's a scales slave!) but dropping down a size is the best feeling isn't it?

My hubby who never complained when I was 14st 2 at my heaviest said to me the other day that I looked skinny (yes I know he needs an urgent eye test!)

Yes I def agree it's what we look like that matters (says she who's a scales slave!) but dropping down a size is the best feeling isn't it?

My hubby who never complained when I was 14st 2 at my heaviest said to me the other day that I looked skinny (yes I know he needs an urgent eye test!)

Haha my partner is the same dont worry. Hes offered to buy me some size ten jeans whilst in canada to give me when i reach goal but i had to remind him US 10 is UK 14 so ill need a size 6 haha. Will be pretty nice walking around in size 6 tho hehe

Haha my partner is the same dont worry. Hes offered to buy me some size ten jeans whilst in canada to give me when i reach goal but i had to remind him US 10 is UK 14 so ill need a size 6 haha. Will be pretty nice walking around in size 6 tho hehe

Yes and remember to leave the label sticking out LOL!!

Yes and remember to leave the label sticking out LOL!!

Ok ok so I just read this while on a crowded train and burst out laughing, thanks for that! :p

Back