2014 weight loss challenge

Well u were brave to try something different - I'm still scales-obsessed!! So see what u think when u WI on Friday (is it?). I'm the sabotage queen u know!! :queen:

im going to stick with the monthly weigh in I think, it's been quite liberating! I've read people say that before about ditching the scales and thought it was a load of rubbish, but it has been nice to wake up up feeling good and not have that bubble burst by the scales telling me something horrible lol. Although come Wednesday if the scales are mean, psycho Carly might come out lol. I've joined a diet bet online which runs from May 6th-June 6th so hopefully that gives me a bit of motivation to eat better! I ate rubbish yesterday, and I have woken up with a food hangover this morning so I'm ready to get back on it, and I actually made lunch last night for today-last week I spent about forty quid in tesco just nipping in in the mornings to get things to take to work-eep!

Yes I def agree it's what we look like that matters (says she who's a scales slave!) but dropping down a size is the best feeling isn't it?

My hubby who never complained when I was 14st 2 at my heaviest said to me the other day that I looked skinny (yes I know he needs an urgent eye test!)

dropping a dress size is so lovely. I remember when I was a good bit heavier, I tried my mums wedding dress on, and it nowhere near fitted. Then I lost a bit of weight and tried it on and it fitted and I was so happy, although my mum looked way more amazing in it than I did, but it was so cool to fit into it. That was cute of your hubby to say that, they can be really sweet sometimes can't they? You have done amazingly well this year though, you should be so chuffed with how far you have come on, you have been really committed!

Haha my partner is the same dont worry. Hes offered to buy me some size ten jeans whilst in canada to give me when i reach goal but i had to remind him US 10 is UK 14 so ill need a size 6 haha. Will be pretty nice walking around in size 6 tho hehe

I love that, what a cute offer! Gotta love those different US sizes too lol, great for the ego! :p

Haha autumn you make me giggle i can just imagine the other passengers reactions to you.

US sizes are amazing i love tk maxx especially at the moment being a size 14 when i get to buy size 10 its a real motivation pusher so i can wear aize 10 all the time.

Id love to weigh in monthly but im addicted to my scales. Ive already had to stop myself wi this morning. Going a week is hard enough haha

Morning all,

No way I could weigh in less frequently either...once a week is a serious struggle as I would love to jump on everyday and see a loss! lol
I'm now all planned out for today and just under MFP calorie goal (it allows me 1300ish) so all good.

Going to try and reintroduce pilates this week. Neck and shoulder still sore but not as twingy just achy so will give it a go.

Might help me feel all energised ready for my two interviews Wednesday as well....so nervous as I really want to get out of here and work locally again.

Wow tis quiet on here today!

Bored stupid here (I really hate this job! I need something to keep me busy!)...so sat here praying I can get a result this week...still feel pretty annoyed and upset at a whole strict week and bugger all to show for it.

Actually feeling a little sicky today from a mix of Interview nerves (bad enough when you have one but I have two on same day....argh!) and commiseration choc at weekend I think (treated to a bar as I was so annoyed). Hopefully keep me from snacking though.

Hi peeps where is our list? Need to change myself to 14lb lost now! Yipsee!:D all the gain gone in 3 weeks.
Hopefully this is not my plateau point. Will try and get on laptop later and update my stats and find the latest list to update.

Cat good luck on your interviews mate. Fingers crossed for you. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks bubble. Here's the list, have updated for you.

Updated 28/04/14
Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 12.5lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 14.2lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 42lbs - lost 0.5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 28lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 31lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4.5lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 14lbs
CatA - pledged 50.4lbs - lost 0lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 24.5lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 10.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 14lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 19lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 5.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 4lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 9lbs
zigmaster - pledged 42lbs - lost 3 lbs

Thank you Cat. :)

Oh I'm really struggling ladies. I woke up yesterday and just felt meh! Where it came from I've no idea as the night before I had such a lovely evening. I felt so rubbish all day I didn't even go for my usual run.

Thought today would be new day new attitude but feel equally rubbish. Sat at my desk willing the day away so I can go home and get into bed!

Sorry to be so down but need to share before I burst into tears at my desk

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*hugs* KentCat - I can sympathise at moment as I feel like that every work day this job is so rubbish.

I try and speed the day along spreading out my snacks but end up clock watching for the next one so I know hometime is getting closer...grr

Going soooo slowly today as bugger all to do!

Sorry to hear that KentCat. It's hard for those of us who normally turn to food as a comforter and then suddenly we are dieting and Lose that crutch. I know that a big fat cake or bar of chocolate would really cheer me up, at least in the short term anyway. Hoping your mood is better tmrw and you get your mojo back x

I totally understand and I am exactly the same!!! On a weekend I am fine but while at work on the afternoon I just want to eat because I'm bored and it's something to do, I'm not even hungry! Then I get annoyed with myself. Grr. So annoying. Before I would just eat cake and choc to feel better, and now it's just like urgh! An apple just doesn't give me the same, happy feeling hahaha! xxx

Oh god im exactly the same. Started ti take a tub of pineapple to work as its a bit sweeter and feels like a treat but not the same when everyone else is chopping chocolate and cake haha

Thanks for your kind words of support ladies. It's useful just having somewhere you can write these things down, rather than letting them churn us up inside. I am generally a really positive person as such I do find when my mood dips it totally throws me off centre.

I've planned my day tomorrow so that I'll be running home from the station, it's about 5K. If all else fails and my mood doesn't improve tomorrow maybe a pounding of the pavement will help break it.

For the rest of today I've decided to not beat myself up, and allow myself to feel crap. I'm not going to eat any more off plan (have been dipping into a box of celebrations earlier today) but also not try to force myself to be cheerful.

Hi, well it has taken me an age to catch up here but I'vefinally managed here so here goes...

hiya sammy! Are you still enjoying being off plan or are you excited to get back on it?

Hi Autumn, first day back on plan and it feels so good! Don't get me wrong, the last two weeks have been amazing and I've enjoyed my food but, my old habits came back with a vengeance so it's nice to be back eating within my daily points allowance. How is your day going, it's your first day back isn't it? Well done on the non scale victory btw!

Well done to everyone who's lost - don't stress to those who aren't happy with the scales - it was a long Bank Hol and even longer if u have children off school! Just get back on the wagon and go for it next week! I lost 2 this week - I had some Easter treats but cut down on the other days - I've updated my progress.
[/QUOTE]

Well done upndown! You must be pleased with a 2lb loss especially with Easter. You really are doing amazingly well xx

Hey all!

Down another 1lb this week! Guess I am going slow and steady just now :). I am really chuffed though because I have now lost over 50lbs in total :).

Well done on your 1lb off! They say slow and steady is the way to go anyway. But you have done so well overall too.

Thanks for the advice and like many of you always come back to SW :) I'm really going to get myself sorted do some research get my books out and give some time to this as I always put everyone else first and have no energy or time for me :( I really want SW to work as it fits in with the rest of my family and once I know what I'm doing it will hopefully become second nature and won't have to think about it too much and just becomes a way of life. I also want to get to or close to my target this year I just need to be patient and if it's a lb per week just accept that's the way I loose weight any loss is good :) x

Hope all goes well with trying SW again!

I HAVE TWO JOB INTERVIEWS ON WEDNESDAY!!

Both local, one at 9.30am and one at 3pm!

:bliss:

Good luck for Wednesday!

Whoop whoop. I lost another 4lbs.... thats a total of 13lbs down. Whoop whoop xxxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on your amazing loss!

pls count me in i have 2st to get to my ideal weight

Welcome to the thread and good luck!

Can I please join in -just restarted sw and mm -want to lose total of 6 stone by September 2015 (my wedding) so aiming for 3 stone by end of year ( 42 pounds) and if I manage more so much the better

Ooh very exciting! I am sure you will find this thread really helpful with motivation.

So its a sts this week but after cutting all of my exercise out im over the moon with this :)

That's good considering you were poorly and couldn't exercise!

Good news Loulou and well done autumn in getting those jeans into the wardrobe ! Must be a great feeling ! I was such a numpty last night - the hubby went to shops and I asked for a standard pack of minstrels but he bought a huge bag as it was cheaper comparatively. I diligently weighed out my 42 g - worth 6 pp but of course later on in the night I ended up eating about the same or more again ! My off switch is well and truly broken !

You'll soon get back on it Newme. It's not an easy time with Easter is it?

Hi peeps where is our list? Need to change myself to 14lb lost now! Yipsee!:D all the gain gone in 3 weeks.
Hopefully this is not my plateau point. Will try and get on laptop later and update my stats and find the latest list to update.

Cat good luck on your interviews mate. Fingers crossed for you. X

That's great Bubble, no wonder you are happy!

Oh I'm really struggling ladies. I woke up yesterday and just felt meh! Where it came from I've no idea as the night before I had such a lovely evening. I felt so rubbish all day I didn't even go for my usual run.

Thought today would be new day new attitude but feel equally rubbish. Sat at my desk willing the day away so I can go home and get into bed!

Sorry to be so down but need to share before I burst into tears at my desk

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry you are having a bad day Kentcat. Think we all get those from time to time. Hope you have a better evening and a fab day tomorrow xx

Good luck with your interviews cat, I can't say I envy you, interviews are so scary, never mind two in one day! But at least that will get them over and done with!

Oh I'm really struggling ladies. I woke up yesterday and just felt meh! Where it came from I've no idea as the night before I had such a lovely evening. I felt so rubbish all day I didn't even go for my usual run. Thought today would be new day new attitude but feel equally rubbish. Sat at my desk willing the day away so I can go home and get into bed! Sorry to be so down but need to share before I burst into tears at my desk Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I feel like this far too often at the minute, and it's so rotten, especially when you can't pinpoint a problem. Last week I was crying lots and felt very alone, and it's scary to feel like that. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. These things do tend to pass, but it feels rotten when you are in the middle of it-like you say, pounding the pavements will hopefully help! I came home from work knackered and wanted to go straight to bed, but I did an hours Pilates, and whilst I am in bed now, I do feel a bit better! It's nice being able to vent here, I do it all the time lol

Welcome back sammy! Glad you enjoyed your time off! Have you weighed in yet? My days ok, I get weighed on we'd which should be interesting. I've been doing well with exercise but not so much food, I never seem to be able to get them to go hand in hand!

Welcome back sammy! Glad you enjoyed your time off! Have you weighed in yet? My days ok, I get weighed on we'd which should be interesting. I've been doing well with exercise but not so much food, I never seem to be able to get them to go hand in hand!

Thanks Autumn :)

My weigh day is tomorrow so I shall update the list then as I know I've gained a fair bit. I'm ok with it though as knew having two weeks off was going to set me back but I'm still determined as ever and back on track.

Well I hope the scales are kind to you on Wednesday. Have you not weighed yourself for a while? I couldn't do that, am addicted lol!

Back