2014 weight loss challenge

Pound off (which I'm really happy with, since it's * week just ending and that's normally the worst with me) so can I be updated to 41 please? xxx

After a week where I walked 40 Miles and though I did well with staying within by Calories, my Weigh in was 291.6lbs which is .4 down from my last week weigh in at 292lbs

Got to admit I was pretty down after this, dont really know what went wrong but I am sure my body will work itself out, this is what always happens to me and gets me down. Not this time though, the moment I started feeling really down I got my shoes on and went for a four mile walk and then ate some oatmeal when I got home with a cup of coffee. One great thing that happened this week is that I fit into a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear in 2 years so that was pretty cool, my body tends to lose inches instead of weight sometimes which is great but still not exactly the overall result I am looking for.

I am having a bit of a down day today but I am doing my absolute best to not let it get me too down, it has been a awhile since I felt this way so I will keep myself focused and avoid any triggers that might make it worse. I always see these type of days as challenges that I have to overcome to become better, this day is no different so I will overcome it.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful day and congratulations on all your results. :)

Stay positive we all have times when we feel like this think it's part of our "journeys " . Like you said we learn to overcome this challenging days and things will become easier :) . This is what I've learned this year with my weight loss and as long as you keep at it you will get to where you want to be . I also have increased my exercise lots mainly running which I really love but want to start adding some weight training after I return from my holidays. But to be honest I am a little worried my weight will increase with the extra muscle mass but I've always wanted to get ripped abs and become really toned :) . We'll see stick with it you can and will do this Good luck .

I'm ashamed to walk back in with an even higher target. Eaten so much crap since starting new job while I learn to get used to working full time again. Backkto slimfast today so fingers crossed I can get my mojo back.

Hope your mojo comes bouncing back once you've been in the job for a few weeks. How is the job going so far?

Hey CatA, don't be ashamed everybody has up and downs.

I am 5 down this morning, very pleased.

And so you should be, that's a great loss, well done!

After a week where I walked 40 Miles and though I did well with staying within by Calories, my Weigh in was 291.6lbs which is .4 down from my last week weigh in at 292lbs

Got to admit I was pretty down after this, dont really know what went wrong but I am sure my body will work itself out, this is what always happens to me and gets me down. Not this time though, the moment I started feeling really down I got my shoes on and went for a four mile walk and then ate some oatmeal when I got home with a cup of coffee. One great thing that happened this week is that I fit into a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear in 2 years so that was pretty cool, my body tends to lose inches instead of weight sometimes which is great but still not exactly the overall result I am looking for.

I am having a bit of a down day today but I am doing my absolute best to not let it get me too down, it has been a awhile since I felt this way so I will keep myself focused and avoid any triggers that might make it worse. I always see these type of days as challenges that I have to overcome to become better, this day is no different so I will overcome it.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful day and congratulations on all your results. :)

Hey apico, hope you are feeling a bit better now? You had a great non scale victory there so that is definitely something positive to hold on to! Keep up the good work and hopefully by your next wi you will be rewarded :)

Hi can I be added to the list my goal is to lose 34 lb by the 11th December I am scheduled for surgery that day and I want to be at. Healthy weight and lessen risk in surgery and also a better recovery. I am a yo yo dieter but I am really struggling at the moment. Starting a VLCD tomorrow with medical supervision just very very scared. ?

Hi Kazzo, welcome and good luck!

I'm having a really blurgh day, I just want to crawl back into bed and read books. It's probably not been helped by the fact I had a stupidly early start (alarm went off at 4:45am!). Trying my best to be good, I have a salad with me and I'm purposefully not heading out at lunch so I can't be tempted to buy anything else.

I really struggle on days like this when I can't pinpoint what's getting me down.

How did you get on the other day, did you manage to stay on track? Not easy when we have those kind of days!

Pound off (which I'm really happy with, since it's * week just ending and that's normally the worst with me) so can I be updated to 41 please? xxx

Well done, still going in the right direction!

Hey all, newbie here! Starting a bit late but better late than never! If I can join this thread I'd like to lose 21lb by Xmas x

Welcome to the thread and minis :) It's nice to see another weight watcher here. Will you be starting a food diary? I've found that it really helps to stay focused. Good luck on your journey, my goal date is Christmas too!

Updating for MelonCollie and Tina0709

List as of 13th August. Please update this list.
Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8.25lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 59.8lbs - lost 0lbs
KentCat - pledged 43lb - lost 22lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 35.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 41lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs
Willpowerwoman - pledged 56lbs - lost 7lbs
BlueCow - pledged 55lb lost 5lb
lola3 - pledged 50lbs - lost 22lbs
apico04 - pledged 70lbs - lost 9.5lbs

Kazzo - pledged 34lbs -
Tina0709 pledged 21lbs -

Welcome to the thread and minis :) It's nice to see another weight watcher here. Will you be starting a food diary? I've found that it really helps to stay focused. Good luck on your journey, my goal date is Christmas too!

Hopefully i quoted this the right way! Im useless!
Yeah im using the app, but might start a diary on here. Ive not actually picked a weigh in day (im doing online WW) so prob b a wk or so before i weigh in.
Ive been wearing my polar hrm so thats beeen pushing me a bit more to get off my bum!

1lb off for me, updated :)

List as of 15th August. Please update this list.
lola3 - pledged 50lbs - lost 23lbs

Kazzo - pledged 34lbs -
Tina0709 pledged 21lbs -

Well done everyone on their losses this week :)

I'm thinking of amending my target slightly as I did the mats and 55lb seems awfully ambitious mind as long as I'm not going to strop if I don't hit it I guess there's nothing wrong with having an ambitious target! :p

When I restarted last Saturday, I pledged to lose 3stone (42lb) by 3st Dec.
2lb lost, 40 to go!

Stay positive we all have times when we feel like this think it's part of our "journeys " . Like you said we learn to overcome this challenging days and things will become easier
smile.gif
. This is what I've learned this year with my weight loss and as long as you keep at it you will get to where you want to be . I also have increased my exercise lots mainly running which I really love but want to start adding some weight training after I return from my holidays. But to be honest I am a little worried my weight will increase with the extra muscle mass but I've always wanted to get ripped abs and become really toned
smile.gif
. We'll see stick with it you can and will do this Good luck .

Thank you so much, I did keep at it this week even though it started off rough and stayed that way. I am doing really well on my diet and staying on course with my walking and weight lifting so I think I have salvaged the week and kept up my momentum. Im gonna push really hard this weekend to get the best weigh in on monday possible and take that into the new week and never settle.

Thanks again, your words where really needed and heard.

Hey apico, hope you are feeling a bit better now? You had a great non scale victory there so that is definitely something positive to hold on to! Keep up the good work and hopefully by your next wi you will be rewarded :)

I am feeling a lot better now thank you, I kept it up so here's looking forward to that reward. :)

List as of 15th August. Please update this list.

366to266 pledged 42lb - lost 4lb

Kazzo - pledged 34lbs -
Tina0709 pledged 21lbs

After a week where I walked 40 Miles and though I did well with staying within by Calories, my Weigh in was 291.6lbs which is .4 down from my last week weigh in at 292lbs Got to admit I was pretty down after this, dont really know what went wrong but I am sure my body will work itself out, this is what always happens to me and gets me down. Not this time though, the moment I started feeling really down I got my shoes on and went for a four mile walk and then ate some oatmeal when I got home with a cup of coffee. One great thing that happened this week is that I fit into a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear in 2 years so that was pretty cool, my body tends to lose inches instead of weight sometimes which is great but still not exactly the overall result I am looking for. I am having a bit of a down day today but I am doing my absolute best to not let it get me too down, it has been a awhile since I felt this way so I will keep myself focused and avoid any triggers that might make it worse. I always see these type of days as challenges that I have to overcome to become better, this day is no different so I will overcome it. Hope all of you are having a wonderful day and congratulations on all your results. :)

Sorry you were disappointed with your weight in, it's very frustrating when you have put the work in and didn't see the result, but it all balances out if you continue doing what you are doing, I think your reaction to it of going for a walk and have oatmeal was fab, I def would have had a different reaction and it wouldn't have been positive! Well don't on fitting into your trousers too, I love that feeling! And it's just a reminder that the scales don't always tell the whole story. Stick with it!

Lots of newbies joining at the minute and it's lovely to see, there's still 4.5 months left of the year, plenty of time to make a difference!

Can someone update me to 9.5 lbs lost please. Keep losing the same weight over and over again at the minute which is so frustrating, but if I can plug on and get around 10 pounds off me i think il get out of the on again off again phase. Hopefully!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

How's the job going Cat?

Updated for me as i've forgotten to update for a few weeks :D

List as of 16th August. Please update this list.

Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 17.5lbs

Kazzo - pledged 34lbs -
Tina0709 pledged 21lbs

Sorry been a bit quiet on here..knackered from full time work again still lol

I'm loving working for MIND. I am always busy updating this and that, designing leaflets, information posters etc and I get nothing but praise which is a nice change from my last one! Only 2.5 weeks in and the rest of the staff say it's like I have been there years as I slotted straight in and picked up everything within a 1.5 day handover. They keep telling my boss I am a keeper and should be offered the permanent position asap lol

Updated for Autumn - I have changed my target now too as I will be starting afresh on Monday and 2 stone probably more achievable in 2014 now.

List as of 16th August. Please update this list.

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9.5lbs
CatA - pledged 28lbs - lost 0lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 17.5lbs

Kazzo - pledged 34lbs -
Tina0709 pledged 21lbs

Sorry been a bit quiet on here..knackered from full time work again still lol I'm loving working for MIND. I am always busy updating this and that, designing leaflets, information posters etc and I get nothing but praise which is a nice change from my last one! Only 2.5 weeks in and the rest of the staff say it's like I have been there years as I slotted straight in and picked up everything within a 1.5 day handover. They keep telling my boss I am a keeper and should be offered the permanent position asap lol

Fab! Sounds like you are doing amazing and I'm sure all those compliments are great for your confidence!

Do mind do anything for families of people with mental health problems? Having a really hard time with my mum at the minute and feel like I'm not being very helpful!

Yup, I know ours does carers support groups and all sorts of family counselling. If you check out mind.org.uk you can find contact numbers for your local one on there and they should be able to tell hou what support they offer or give numbers of local places that provide the help.

Back