2014 weight loss challenge

Can someone update me to 15 pounds lost please? Another .75 loss this week,moving so slowly! Another 2lb off and I'm lighter than I have been this year-not really what I was going for but il take the positives where I can find them lol

Can someone update me to 15 pounds lost please? Another .75 loss this week,moving so slowly! Another 2lb off and I'm lighter than I have been this year-not really what I was going for but il take the positives where I can find them lol
well done - it's over a stone lost now and the lightest u've been this year yay! Xx

Last edited:
List as at 22nd November - please update this list

366to266 pledged 42lb - lost 22lb
Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 15lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 27.25lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 28lbs - lost 2.5lbs
CatA - pledged 28lbs - lost 0.2lbs
KentCat - pledged 43lb - lost 22lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 20lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 35.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2.5lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 17.5lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 58.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 15lbs
Willpowerwoman - pledged 46lbs - lost 25lbs
BlueCow - pledged 55lbs - lost 23lbs
sweetpink - pledged 50lbs - lost 24lbs
apico04 - pledged 70lbs - lost 37.5lbs
Kazzo - pledged 34lbs - lost 0b
Tina0709 pledged 21lbs - lost 0lb
LittleHistorian - pledged 14lbs - lost 0lb
Beavis - pledged 29lbs - lost 2.5lbs
Polyanna - pledged 7lbs - lost 2lbs

Updating for Autumn xx​

1.25lbs off this week giving me my one and a half stone. Think I've been messing up my amount on here. I've lost 21.5lbs in total.

List as at 24th November - please update this list

Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 21.5lbs
Polyanna - pledged 7lbs - lost 2lbs

Last edited:
4.5lbs on this week after a planned weekend away

List as at 1st December - please update this list

Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 17lbs
Polyanna - pledged 7lbs - lost 2lbs​

Hi All been struggling to loose any weight lately :( I am happy that I've managed to maintain around my official target weight but really wanted to get to my 3 stones award which is only 6 lbs away ! Since July Ive just to be battling with the same few lbs . I'm thinking do I give myself a break ( mentally ) and restart in the New year or just keep on doing what I am and hope I can shift a few more lbs ? My problem is as soon as I put pressure on myself it all goes to pot ! Getting a bit obsessed with this which I didn't want to happen I really wanted to conquer this crazy vicious circle this year and just get on with my life . Sorry for moan any advice would be much appreciated . Wishing you all a great week xx

Ooh had family staying for a few days inc 3 children so no time for Minis boo hoo! I had an sts this week - v slow progress lately - so doing 2 days on SW Success Express and making a few more changes inc being more watchful on what I'm eating - so hope to report a decent loss this week!

Hi All been struggling to loose any weight lately :( I am happy that I've managed to maintain around my official target weight but really wanted to get to my 3 stones award which is only 6 lbs away ! Since July Ive just to be battling with the same few lbs . I'm thinking do I give myself a break ( mentally ) and restart in the New year or just keep on doing what I am and hope I can shift a few more lbs ? My problem is as soon as I put pressure on myself it all goes to pot ! Getting a bit obsessed with this which I didn't want to happen I really wanted to conquer this crazy vicious circle this year and just get on with my life . Sorry for moan any advice would be much appreciated . Wishing you all a great week xx

Sorry to hear ur struggling - and no need to apologise here! I know what u mean - see my username for proof! At least ur not gaining much so that's good news for your maintenance stage.

It's up to u of course but I'd be a bit concerned about stopping now until the New Year in case u end up with a large gain after all the celebratory goodies!

one idea suggested here has helped me - that is to change things around (esp if like me, ur in a rut) for example have u seen Chocko's fab recipe thread called 'Delicious meals with minimum ingredients' they're fab - I made a chicken and cider recipe last week and the family raved over it plus she's just posted a chorizo hash bake recipe which I'm keen to try.

Also the longer we diet I think a lot of us cut corners - don't weigh or measure things (& so probably eat more than we realise) 'forget' some little extras we pop in our mouths thro the day - don't count chutney, ketchup, sauces and other smal things which add up over a week.

perhaps if u went back to basics as on your first or best week - just for one week - plan all meals and snacks , try some different ideas, and weigh and record all u eat - post your food intake here each day if u have time if it helps. No-or wd mind and you might get some comments on how to change things for a quicker result.

Whatever u decide to do - I hope u keep posting and finally, don't be too hard on you - u've done really well to lose 36lbs - well done!!xx

Thanks upndown it's pretty quiet on here but I haven't been on much myself lately . I decided to stick to SW plan for a week to see how it goes to be honest not been on plan for a long time as wasn't getting the results so did CC plus upped my exercise and that's how I lost most of my weight so far . But since my hols although I've not been really bad I've been messing about doing all different things and getting nowhere so that's why I thought I'd try SW again. It's only my second day so early days but don't know if it's all in my mind but I feel more bloated and fatter ! But I'm going to stick it out for one week just to see I should stay the same at least if it's a gain then may need a different plan of attack . I'll keep you updated . Just out of interest does anyone else feel SW doesn't work for them ? Plus as I've only got a few lbs to go will it work as well ? Don't know questions questions ! X

Thanks upndown it's pretty quiet on here but I haven't been on much myself lately . I decided to stick to SW plan for a week to see how it goes to be honest not been on plan for a long time as wasn't getting the results so did CC plus upped my exercise and that's how I lost most of my weight so far . But since my hols although I've not been really bad I've been messing about doing all different things and getting nowhere so that's why I thought I'd try SW again. It's only my second day so early days but don't know if it's all in my mind but I feel more bloated and fatter ! But I'm going to stick it out for one week just to see I should stay the same at least if it's a gain then may need a different plan of attack . I'll keep you updated . Just out of interest does anyone else feel SW doesn't work for them ? Plus as I've only got a few lbs to go will it work as well ? Don't know questions questions ! X

The only time SW doesn't work for me is when I push the boundaries and forget that free food isn't supposed to be eaten unlimited - I 'forget' I'm only supposed to eat to satisfy my appetite - I also sometimes guesstimate Healthy Extras and Syns and 'forget' the odd biscuit or sweet etc!!

Did another Success express day today and feel really full so not had my HEA - takes a lot to fill me!! So might do it again tomorrow

Hope u find something to suit u and help u get ur mojo back - good luck x

Last edited:
Boo to a sts Upndown. Better than a gain but can still be frustrating I know. Hope you're ok, you've been quiet today xx

Yes it's been a busy day - sorting the house out after family visit - toys under every piece of furniture and sticky little hand marks everywhere - bless! Also went for a long walk and to Poppy's Christmas show and made some soup and adapted one of Kathy's casserole recipes to fit what I had in.

Just been to see u and well done on 2 good days xx

Hi Kat, sorry to hear you have been struggling lately. Upndown is right though, you have done very well to lose what you have so far! It's easy to get fed up with it all and want to have a break but just think how much damage could be done between now and new year if you did that, think that's what I'd be worried about. Could you not at least try to maintain until Christmas, maybe have a week off then get back on plan again after that? Hope whatever you decide to do works for you. Keep posting if you can so we can help to support you. It's not an easy time of year to be dieting is it? xx

Yes it's been a busy day - sorting the house out after family visit - toys under every piece of furniture and sticky little hand marks everywhere - bless! Also went for a long walk and to Poppy's Christmas show and made some soup and adapted one of Kathy's casserole recipes to fit what I had in.

Just been to see u and well done on 2 good days xx

Ah, your couple of days with family sounds lovely. Did you enjoy Poppy's show? It's nice to see the little ones.

You are doing well this week, really hope those scales are good to you on Friday! xx

Ah, your couple of days with family sounds lovely. Did you enjoy Poppy's show? It's nice to see the little ones.

You are doing well this week, really hope those scales are good to you on Friday! xx

Yes the show was fab - but Poppy wasn't wearing her full outfit as Mary - when we asked her why after the show - she said the full outfit was too embarrassing to wear - and when we asked her to make sure she folded the outfit carefully ready for the next performance - she said do u want me to do that cos Mary was a tidy lady!

Wahey 2lbs off for me - not marvellous I know but I'm chuffed cos it's been a long time coming - all my own fault of course! Good luck to everyone on the tough-to-diet run to Christmas!!xx

List as at 5 December - please update this list

Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 29.25lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 17lbs

Last edited:
4.75lbs off this week

List as at 8 December - please update this list

Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 29.25lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 21.75lbs

Last edited:
Hi I stuck with SW this week and lost 1.5 lbs which is 38lbs in total which I'm really pleased with. I do have lots going on at the mo like everyone else but its my 50th Birthday Friday and I do have a few meals out plus I am away for the weekend with my family. So will just be as good as I can in-between. Would of liked to have reached my 42lb target by the end of the challenge but to be totally honest don't think that's going to happen . I'm pleased with how I've done but have decided that I'll go for my next goal to get my 3 stone award in the new year (hopefully by Easter) :) Will keep updating and will be interesting what the final results will be hope everyone is good and coping with the Christmas busyness everywhere good luck with the final push to the end of 2014 . X

Back