2015 challenge

Oh Carole thanks for posting the YT vid - it made me cry - with happiness for her, and a bit of self pity for me, if I'm honest :eek:. I'd just taken a selfie to show a friend my new fringe and I thought "Who the hell is that old bag with the melting fat cheeks running into her 42 chins???" - can you tell I only have one mirror in my flat and I don't look in it very often! But enough of self pity and tears. Onwards and downwards - and a great year for us all! :)

Oh Carole thanks for posting the YT vid - it made me cry - with happiness for her, and a bit of self pity for me, if I'm honest :eek:. I'd just taken a selfie to show a friend my new fringe and I thought "Who the hell is that old bag with the melting fat cheeks running into her 42 chins???" - can you tell I only have one mirror in my flat and I don't look in it very often! But enough of self pity and tears. Onwards and downwards - and a great year for us all! :)

Its ok Susie - one day, as part of TFAB you will look back on that picture with more than a little pride on what you have achieved. Think of that often and it will help. From now on that's in the past ... hugs xx

I did photos when I started but my story is little different from most of people. ( I think at least ) I did not find myself so big at all, I kind of was thinking I look ok to my size and as I have pretty face ( sorry, it does not mean Im superficial, just trying to explain what I felt ) I was sure Im ok. I did photos when I joined SW almost a year ago and I remember so well that emotion that I had - Im looking good. I even did photos in underwear and swimming suits - did not like how my legs look , but not to bad either ( for my weight )

Only 2,5 stone later when I did progress photos my eyes were open. Only then I saw myself for first time I think. Lol - unbelievable how could I been so blind forward myself - I dont know.
Anyhow - girls do take measures and pic or videos , make them be your light when you slipping. I know I have needed em so much and Im so grateful that I have those photos.
Plus - if we all gonna be cover- stars we will need before photo too :p

Wow that video clip is amazing!!! She looks fabulous! What a brilliant achievement. Just hoes to show it can be done!

I did photos when I started but my story is little different from most of people. ( I think at least ) I did not find myself so big at all, I kind of was thinking I look ok to my size and as I have pretty face ( sorry, it does not mean Im superficial, just trying to explain what I felt ) I was sure Im ok. I did photos when I joined SW almost a year ago and I remember so well that emotion that I had - Im looking good. I even did photos in underwear and swimming suits - did not like how my legs look , but not to bad either ( for my weight )

Only 2,5 stone later when I did progress photos my eyes were open. Only then I saw myself for first time I think. Lol - unbelievable how could I been so blind forward myself - I dont know.
Anyhow - girls do take measures and pic or videos , make them be your light when you slipping. I know I have needed em so much and Im so grateful that I have those photos.

I was very similar. I was in the nah I know I weigh a lot but I'm not that bad for my weight. Never happy but hen I looked at pics of other people the same weight and started thinking. Actually I am pretty much that shape. I also look back now at pictures when I thought I was fat thinking wow I wish I was that thin now. Think I have accepted what my body really looks like now. Cannot bear to look in the mirror with no clothes on but I know what's there and that it is going to change

Start weight 19st 9.8

Goal 1 lose half a stone - done
Goal 2 lose 1 stone - done
Goal 3 lose 1 stone 7 - done
Goal 4 lose 2 stone
Goal 5 lose 2 stone 7
Goal 6 lose 3 stone
Goal 7 lose 3 stone 7
Goal 8 lose 4 stone

Current weight - 17st 10.6

Without replying to each one individually I want to say this: You are all beautiful no matter your size, and after we get this job done (2015) we will all be stunning with radiance and pride!! I'd love to think we could all meet up one day and have a team fab party. And that's me saying that!! I have terrible social anxiety and haven't left the house for 6 weeks!! But it'd be so amazing :) Let's smash this and be the inspiration for team 2016. As a group xx

Without replying to each one individually I want to say this: You are all beautiful no matter your size, and after we get this job done (2015) we will all be stunning with radiance and pride!! I'd love to think we could all meet up one day and have a team fab party. And that's me saying that!! I have terrible social anxiety and haven't left the house for 6 weeks!! But it'd be so amazing :) Let's smash this and be the inspiration for team 2016. As a group xx

Hershey it is a date. Let's have a get together in December next year. Or at least the half of our bodies that are left. Christmas party. X

Start weight 19st 9.8

Goal 4 lose 2 stone
Goal 5 lose 2 stone 7
Goal 6 lose 3 stone
Goal 7 lose 3 stone 7
Goal 8 lose 4 stone

Hershey it is a date. Let's have a get together in December next year. Or at least the half of our bodies that are left. Christmas party. X Start weight 19st 9.8 Goal 1 lose half a stone - done Goal 2 lose 1 stone - done Goal 3 lose 1 stone 7 - done Goal 4 lose 2 stone Goal 5 lose 2 stone 7 Goal 6 lose 3 stone Goal 7 lose 3 stone 7 Goal 8 lose 4 stone Current weight - 17st 10.6

Now you've said it im really scared!!! :D

Don't be scared. It will be great. Everyone on here is so supportive and some of the best people I have met x

Start weight 19st 9.8

Goal 4 lose 2 stone
Goal 5 lose 2 stone 7
Goal 6 lose 3 stone
Goal 7 lose 3 stone 7
Goal 8 lose 4 stone

Oooh I'm in - and Hershey don't be scared :). I am bezzie mates with four lovely ladies who I met four years ago via the Atkins part of Minis - we had a major get together in Brum with 10 others from the Atkins section - everyone got on so well but the core group of the five of us really clicked!

It started off with a few self conscious giggles and mutterings of "I'm sure you're not an axe murderer..." - and yes it could have been weird, but we all knew each other so well that it just wasn't. We had a fabulous (there's that word again, I'm getting a t-shirt made up!) time and have stayed in close touch - and meeting up again in May :D

Its ok Susie - one day, as part of TFAB you will look back on that picture with more than a little pride on what you have achieved. Think of that often and it will help. From now on that's in the past ... hugs xx

Awww thank you Carole, much appreciated. I am feeling very positive about Slimming World tomorrow - the more I read and see on YT, the more I can see it working well for me. I've decided to ask a friend at work to take front, side and back pics of me tomorrow so I can file them away ready for my moment of fame :D.

Good luck for tomorrow - my first day back too after two weeks off blah.

Here to join in if that's ok? I'm joining my local SW group this Thursday so my first weigh in won't be until the 15th

Hershey - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 140lbs to go Another Tracy -79lbs to lose - 2lbs lost - 77lbs to go
CaroleM - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 140lbs to go
Bigbear - 125lbs to go - 0lbs lost - 125lbs to go S_J_B - 78lbs to go - 4lbs lost - 74lbs to go Destamia - 123lbs to lose - 11lbs lost - 112lbs to go
Jayde - 70lbs to go - 0lbs lost - 70lbs to go Jules1981 - 100 lbs to lose - 0 lbs lost - 100 lbs to go
PrincessSparklePants - ??lbs to lose - ??lbs lost - ??lbs to go
PurpleRoses - 84lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 84lbs to go
Sarahc 84.5lbs to lose - 0lbs lost 84.5lbs to go Angie-Bum - 84 to lose - 0lb lost 84lb to go Nannacath - 65lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 65lbs to go Lottiebird - 77lbs to lose - 77lbs to go
Purple Patsy 52lbs to lose - 0lbs lost- 52lbs to go Nazia80 - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 140lbs to go TrimNslim - 105lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 105lbs to go
Blue Butterfly - 149lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 149lbs to go
chezz - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 140lbs to go Lady Felsham - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 140lbs to go
snowbryneich - 84lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 84lbs to go
Canplestar - 94lb to lose - 0lb lost - 94 to go Kayleigh Rebecca - 52lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 52lbs to go
FunkyFee - 100lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 100lbs to go
Gamy - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost 0 140 lbs to go Vixlou - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost 0 140 lbs to go
NessaC31 - 140lbs to lose - 0lbs lost 140lbs to go

Here to join in if that's ok? I'm joining my local SW group this Thursday so my first weigh in won't be until the 15th

Hi Nessa, more the better .. I don't have my first weigh in at SW until Wednesday 7th Jan so don't worry. We just start where we are, nobody is behind xx

Trim - yes in 2007 - not been a great experience for me. Lost whilst on liquids then nothing and lots of problems. Some still ongoing but praying I can have it removed currently have no saline in it but still feel some restriction but in general the o lying thing it has done is cause me pain and the truth is its all in the mind. I am glad I never did anything more drastic to discover it. so many people I know through surgery have not lost or put some or all back on even with bypass because it's our brain that needs changing and our habits. But the hypnotic one may be worth a shot :)

I'm up for a get together one day xmas may or may not be ideal for depending on if it's this year (probably ok) but 2016 I'm likely to be in a parish and exhausted but happy :)

Go team fab!

Taking photos and measurements at the beginning and then regularly after that is a great idea so that you can see how far you have come.

I am in for the party - by then we will be overflowing with confidence we will be loving showing off our spanking new slinky clothes :D

I think my hubby is sick of listening to vblogs on You Tube so I've sent him off to the supermarket

I understand where you are coming from in regards to thinking that in our minds eye we aren't that bad - it's part of the whole denial thing. For me the first step in addressing and achieving success is to come to terms with the reality of my situation and then I can start to fix it. I have looked in that mirror and I was soooooooooo wrong before - have to start thinking of the mirror as a friend. Time for change.

Taking photos and measurements at the beginning and then regularly after that is a great idea so that you can see how far you have come. I am in for the party - by then we will be overflowing with confidence we will be loving showing off our spanking new slinky clothes :D I think my hubby is sick of listening to vblogs on You Tube so I've sent him off to the supermarket I understand where you are coming from in regards to thinking that in our minds eye we aren't that bad - it's part of the whole denial thing. For me the first step in addressing and achieving success is to come to terms with the reality of my situation and then I can start to fix it. I have looked in that mirror and I was soooooooooo wrong before - have to start thinking of the mirror as a friend. Time for change.

I have a mirror in my bedroom that I regularly see my naked body in and it isn't pretty!!! BUT I kidded myself thinking it was ok because my husband likes big women and I never left the house so no one had to look at it!!

But as I've now made the decision to go outside and out for a meal for my bday in 5 weeks I have to lose weight because I do not want people seeing me like this!!

I think after I've lost my first 10 stone there'll be no stopping me! I'll be out all the time :)

Lovely to read so much activity and positivity in here - I'm sure we're all going to have an amazing year!

I have taken some along the way which are kept in a password protected folder on my laptop and got copies of some shockingly bad ones taken at social events in the few months before I started. Horrid but great to look at in any moments of weakness :D And hadn't thought about needing them to be a cover star but you're right!

Hubby and I have just been talking and we are seriously planning to go to Octoberfest, Daytona Beach in the States this year. This is great for me because I love that event (Biker Week) and it give me something to aim for .. always good to have a goal. As this means I'll be on a bike for a week like we used to do, it will be very hot and I'll have to get on a plane - I had better get a shifty on lol xx
Carole

Dream, Believe, Achieve!

You are doing so great - wish I was a pound behind you. Kudos!!

Carole xx

Lovely to read so much activity and positivity in here - I'm sure we're all going to have an amazing year!

I have taken some along the way which are kept in a password protected folder on my laptop and got copies of some shockingly bad ones taken at social events in the few months before I started. Horrid but great to look at in any moments of weakness :D And hadn't thought about needing them to be a cover star but you're right!

Back