30 day sugar challenge

so after eating waaaay too much chocolate, biscuits, & cake over Christmas I noticed I'm getting terrible sugar cravings. I was gradually eating more & more each day but never feeling satisfied.

I've therefore decided to do a 30 day challenge of no added sugar/processed foods (so natural sugars in fruit & veg are ok, although I don't really eat much fruit)

Anyone want to join me? X

I'll join you. I gave up 2012 for two years then became ill so my go to was sugar items.o_O
So after it finding it's way back into my diet I want to kick it again.:)
I will keep track on how much a day I do eat as I do like gluten free cereal for breakfast a couple times a week.

Hi craftermary, thanks for popping by :) Wow, I couldn't imagine giving up sugar for two years! Although for me the intention (hope!) is that after 30 days I'll have beaten the cravings so chocolate (my main source of sugar, hehe) will become an occasional treat only. X

I need to give up my options drink at night. It contains 1 1/4 tsp of sugar.
And I am going to ditch my Gluten free cereal and stick to porridge and Rice flakes. Will occasionally add a bit of honey.Need to go and get some frozen fruit.
From today I will not have any of it for the rest of this month.

Those are the only two things I eat that contain sugar so it shouldn't be to difficult.

I would really love to find a delicious sugar-free, very low calorie drink to have in the evening. Have tried loads of flavoured teas & green teas but just don't enjoy any of them :( The most disappointing was the salted caramel green tea, which sounds amazing but totally didn't live up to my expectations! Do you have anything to substitute your options with, or are you just giving up your evening drink? Hope you don't find it too tough xx

I've tried loads of those teas over the years but nothing beats a good hot chocolate or horlicks at night.
I'm going back to just drinking hot water.

Just watched the video that Minimins have on their FB page.
Hugh Jackman--That Sugar Film. Going to catch up on some more so it reminds me why I gave sugar up.

Sugar Free Farm starts next Tuesday 9 pm on ITV.:)

I am already feeling the benefits of giving up sugar :) No longer feeling constantly lethargic & headachy.

Yeah I love hot chocolate! Especially with cream & marshmallows - but that has to be an occasional treat.

I don't watch much tv, but sugar free farm sounds interesting. X

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep2week3/sugar-free-farm

Sugar Free Farm is back, following a brand new cast of famous faces as they turn their backs on their unhealthy diets and lifestyles and embrace long gruelling days of farm work in return for a diet of natural wholesome food. This year things are tougher as they'll be spending even longer on the farm - going cold turkey from sugar, refined carbohydrates, bad fats and unhealthy, cheap, meat. But will cutting out the rubbish prove to be too much for some? Or will it make life sweeter than ever?

Started Sugar free Monday 16th 2 days ago, i'm craving now, but i'm winning :D .
Id rather have a Satsuma for sugar now than the nasty stuff :/

Back