3rd Weigh in... :(

Byebye bingo wings

Just had my 3rd weigh in and I'm a bit gutted. :(
I lost 2lbs, and yes 2lbs is better than nothing but I can't help but think I could've done that on a "tradditonal" diet where I could actually eat!
I've been a blimmin' angel again aswell, I resisted the buffet at work on Friday (which was hell) I even went out drinking on Friday and drank wait for it... 8 Pints! 8 Pints of SODA WATER! I even then resisted Fish and Chips with curry sauce being thrust under my nose by a bloke who I've just started seeing again who doesn't know I'm doing CD. He thought I was a freak! LOL

It might be TOTM, but that wouldn't affect my weight loss that much would it?

Sounds awful but I'm considering jacking it in right here and now, and going and getting myself a lovely big salad which balsamic dressing! :break_diet:

week 3 weigh ins are FAMOUS for being disappointing but week 4 will make up for it. hold tight to the plan and it will fall off next week. xxxx

2lbs is a fab loss. I know it doesn't feel like it, but when you look back at your losses you will really appreciate every lb you lost.

Believe me i know how you feel when you say that you could have lost just as much on a tradtional diet with food because i felt exactley the same. After losing 2 lbs in week 2 i almost quit the diet because i thought it was not worth giving up all the yummy food. I cried my eyes out that night because i thought i would finally be able to lose weight with CD and thinking of quiting was killing me, but my mum told me that it takes time for your body to adjust and i have to stay strong. I cant let myself get down about it. If i wanted to lose weight, and a stone a month is guaranteed with CD, i would have to stick with it. So i just went for a walk to get some fresh air and said it will be worth it in the end.

It is a difficult diet and you did so well to resist, honestly. In my first few weeks of CD i was craving take away like mad, i even cried about it a few times, lol. But i got stronger and also realised that sometimes i wasn't actually hungry when i wanted food, it was psychological.

My advice to you would be to please stick with the diet and you will see amazing result. I have been on it for 10 weeks now and i am a size 8 from about 20 (i think, i never used to look at labels on my clothes). I am also much happier and i feel great. My skin is fabulous and the comments are a bonus too.

After having a low loss this week, i think that you maye lose more next week. After my 2lb loss, i lost 4 lbs the week after. Then when i had a low loss again ( i cant remember how much, lol), i lost 5 lbs the week after.

There are alot of factors that can effect your weightloss. It might be the amount of water you are drinkng. I was drinking between 4-5 litres when i first started but as soon as i changed to 3-4 litres, i started to lose more. Maybe you could experiemt with your water intake and see if taht makes a difference. It could be TOTM aswell as you mentioned, i know i always lost less at this time but i would just tell myself its TOTM.

But remember, even if you have a low loss , you will still be losing inches :). So why dont you try measuring your self and keep a record of it, i am certain you will big difference, regardless of how much weight you lose.

I hope i have been of some help :) xx

(sorry about the long post)

Hi BBBW, and congratulations on your weight loss. I know you are disappointed with 2lb, but look at the big picture. 22lb in 3 weeks is phenomenal. How long would that have taken you on WW?

the 2lb could be due to TOTM or it could just be that as you have lost so much already in a short space of time your body is getting used to the diet.

Dont jack it in. You will hate yourself if you do. You are doing so well, and are bound to have weeks when you dont lose loads but you have to learn to take them in your stride.

Be proud of yourself. You are over a stone and a half lighter than you were three weeks ago. Thats got to be worth carrying on for.

xxx

I know your disappointed.... I think we all hope for loads of weight loss each week and some are more fortunate than others to have this big loss every week... However, looking at your ticker you've lost in TOTAL 22lbs in 3 weeks which is average of 7lbs a week..... now would you have lost that much on a conventional diet?.....

YOu have lost a fantastic amount so far.... and the average weight loss on a VLCD is one stone a month so you have already smashed through that..... I bet you'll have another good loss next week.......

Might also be worth measuring yourself.... I found on the weeks I'd not lost much I'd still lost inches......

Keep at it and you'll soon be feeling the benefits......

Although 2lb is not as much as you had hoped for it is still movement in the downward direction and as Karen and MB have said you will probably have a better and bigger loss next week.

As for TOTM - many women, myself included, are susceptible to retaining fluid around TOTM. Personally I have noticed that I can retain between 4-7lb while approaching and during TOTM - so in answer to your question yes TOTM can, in some people sometimes make a big difference to their weight loss.

Also another factor to consider is how much water had you drunk before being weighed If I recall correctly a litre of water weighs between 2-3lb so if you have been tanking the water down right up to your WI this might have distorted your loss aswell.

Please don't lose faith - you have already done so well and although you have had a lower loss this week it will even out over the month. I have a really low metabolism and on regular diets like WW etc I struggle to lose 0.5-1lb per week and on CD I am averaging over time 3-4lb loss per week.

Thanks for your words of encouragement, I'm feeling a lot more positive and have decided to keep at it in the hopes things pick up next week!
Should I have another rubbbish weight loss though, god help me!

I know how you feel, I was dissapointed as I only lost 2lb this week.
But looking at the bigger picture I have lost 19lb in 4weeks.
I have never lost that much in that space of time on any other diet ( believe me, I have tried them all)
So I will keep going to get to where I want to be.
Keep it up you are doing fabulous x x

Back