5 weeks till Xmas how much can I lose?

Mrs*S

Now I am in the Zone and doing it I am thinking a stone, what do you guys think?

5 weeks? 25 days hon? do you mean new year??

you can do anything you put your mind too hun.. just dont pressure yourself.. relax and enjoy, it'l come off so much quicker. xxxx

14 lb is almost 3 lb per week!!!! (And that's if you have 5 WI weeks till Christmas - I've only got 4).

I think that you could be pushing it a bit. Not because you aren't in the zone or doing it 100%, but I'm wondering what you are expecting your weekly losses to be?

Sure some people CAN lose quite a bit in their first couple of weeks, but others DON'T. EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT. Your journey will be YOUR journey.

I don't want to dent your enthusiasm, but I don't want you to be too down-hearted if you don't reach that.

What about aiming for 1/2 a stone first, and then see how long you have left till Christmas.

Good luck. I really hope you can do it.

Our consultant gave us quite a motivational talk last week and said it was reasonable target to say we could lose 7 lbs before Christmas. I think this is more realistic - you don't want to set an unreasonable goal, as if you don't reach it, you may get so unmotivated that you go off plan for ages!

Well done for getting in the zone, and good luck for whatever goal you choose!

I agree! Aim for 7lbs and that gives you leeway for Christmas and anything over is a bonus.

Ah ok I got five weeks and its only four, I posted this late last night my eyes probably didnt work right, it is my first week on SW so I could in theory lose a stone but half a stone is a more realistic goal thanks :)

Just set your goal to be as good as you can be up until Xmas and whatever you lose, you know that you've done the best you can.

It's okay to set timescales but don't beat yourself up if you don't reach them.

Personally I just think it's best to stick to plan and whatever the scales say is the result!

Just set your goal to be as good as you can be up until Xmas and whatever you lose, you know that you've done the best you can.

It's okay to set timescales but don't beat yourself up if you don't reach them.

Personally I just think it's best to stick to plan and whatever the scales say is the result!

couldn't agree more. This is very smart. in fact, I only recently set a target with a timescale as before I was like, " Well I'll be 100% and what happens will happen!"
To be honest, the target I've set (to reach Club Ten by Christmas....starting from end of August) has not been that constructive/motivating at all, and yet it was what many of you would call very achieveable. It has just made me panicky and frustrated to be honest, although obviously I'll be delighted if I reach it.
In the same way, I always feel at a loss when my consultant says, whats your mini target for next week? I'm there thinking, well, as much as possible obviously! I'm more than happy with a pound off every week. I never know what to say.I'm thinking, how can I control what my body decides to do? Surely all I can do is stick to the plan!

In future, I'm just going to be a good girl and let the body optimising bring what it will, when it will

Quite a few in our group don't set mini targets for this very reason, too much pressure. They just say they'll be good and whatever happens, happens!
Good luck hun. x

ive set myself 10lbs for december but i know i have no xmas partys and nothing planned until xmas day and am commiting myself 100% until xmas day so i have no excuse lol just need to get the treadmill powered up :D

Back