60g of smash?

SW do say that superfree should always be the first choice for snacks but you can snack on free food.
Just had a look on the website for the recipe, just out if interest. Where is it? I looked under desserts.

Thanks Scarlett, that explains it to me. Jaylou type in smash cake and it is there

Just checked with my consultant who says they have to be syned if eaten as snack but still don't get it as all ingredients are actually free and if I have it with SF fruit surely that's just what I would eat for a meal. I think maybe I am missing the whole point, doh!

please clarify: can I only eat 3 meals (single course) and only snack on SF and anything else even if it's a free food must have syns? Or can I eat free food at anytime as long as I eat it with 1/3 superfree - which is what I've been doing?

broxi said:
Just checked with my consultant who says they have to be syned if eaten as snack but still don't get it as all ingredients are actually free and if I have it with SF fruit surely that's just what I would eat for a meal. I think maybe I am missing the whole point, doh!

please clarify: can I only eat 3 meals (single course) and only snack on SF and anything else even if it's a free food must have syns? Or can I eat free food at anytime as long as I eat it with 1/3 superfree - which is what I've been doing?

Because you are eating food as a flour substitute. As Scarlett explained.
You can snack on free and superfree but the issue is the free food is being used as a cake.

sorry you must think I'm incredibly thick but I'm just not getting it! Say I ate the Smash with cabbage for my supper, after dinner would that be different, it has exactly the same (lack of ) syns; nothing in that cake has syns except 1/2 for baking powder. Sorry for being so dense I just don't get it.

Smash is free when eaten like that. By making a cake you are using it as a flour substitute.
Perhaps some else can explain it better!!!!

This may help explain it Broxi :)

http://group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/myths1.aspx - myth number 2

When you mentioned the recipe being on the SW website were you talking about the scan bran cake? If so that doesnt fall foul of this "rule" because the amount of cake you could eat is limited - either because you use the scan bran as a healthy extra or you syn it.

sorry jaylou I think it is me. My consultant tried to explain it to and I didn't get it! I have asked in the forum though as maybe the penny will eventually drop. Anyway I should just avoid it I suppose but I like to understand the reasoning behind it. Thanks for your help though x

Ha ha Patwork, read that and the penny has finally dropped. Sorry to everyone for being so frustrating! And thanks for the advice!

It's the same with fruit juice, juiced fruit is syned because you couldn't eat 8 oranges but quite easily drink a glass of orange.
With smash cake you have to syn the smash if it's a snack, because you could probably eat the whole cake but if you made up 60g of smash you probably couldn't eat it all.
Or if you thinly slice potato and then cook them as crisps, I could scoff down a large bowl of the crisps but if asked to eat 3 potatoes as a snack I wouldn't be able to lol.

broxi said:
Ha ha Patwork, read that and the penny has finally dropped. Sorry to everyone for being so frustrating! And thanks for the advice!

Glad to help, its things like this that I find sw don't do so well, although it is in FAQs on the website, as you said your consultant seemed to condone it so I can totally see where people get confused. Hope it is clearer now xx

Back