60g of smash?

broxi

ButtErFly
does anyone know how many tablespoons = 60g of Smash for the cake?

little concerned about what cake you are doing? Smash is only free if its used within a meal. You are allowed to use it for Smash pizza (vile) and crispy chicken, etc as long as it is for a meal not a snack nor in cake - this will be syned.

thanks Shelly, yes I know it is syns but heard people at my class raving about it. Also I can't find my scales that's why I had to guess. Just made it and it really is lovely. The whole cake is 2 1/2 syns and it makes about 5 or 6 slices so well worth it.

they also like the smash pizza but I would imagine it would be vile. The cake is lovely but don't like the sweetener after taste that I've just realised after my last post when I'd just eaten it lol!

Goodness knows what's in it but I can't imagine a cake which is made with smash!

This isn't really 2.5 syns for the whole cake though as the syn value of the smash should be taken into account. Eating things like this as a cake can be detrimental to your weight loss.

It is only 2 1/2 syns. It is made with sweetener, separated eggs and Muller light and it is lovely. The only syn item is the 60g of Smash for the whole cake. You could easy have it with some superfree fruit!

also Jaylou just checked on SW actual website and Smash is free on EE

It is only free if part of a meal though, as is the same for cous cous in a cake- as you are using it as a substitute for flour to make a snack item it is classed as food abuse by slimming world.
It should be synned by its highest syn amount eg potato on a red day and I can see that an 88g sachet is 14.5 so using this can work out that 60g is 10syns. This is what you should be counting for this cake. X

I know smash is free but not in a cake. Same as cous cous cake. It's a tweak and SW would never publish such a recipe.

ScarlettStar86 said:
It is only free if part of a meal though, as is the same for cous cous in a cake- as you are using it as a substitute for flour to make a snack item it is classed as food abuse by slimming world.
It should be synned by its highest syn amount eg potato on a red day and I can see that an 88g sachet is 14.5 so using this can work out that 60g is 10syns. This is what you should be counting for this cake. X

What she said!!

They did! They have also published scan bran cakes. also if I eat it with SF fruit then surely that is alright. My consultant brought it in to group.

If that's the case I'm doing everything wrong then and so are the rest of my group. I'd better speak to the consultant

It is on their website.

so are you saying that we can't eat any free foods that aren't in a meal. I thought I could eat free as long as i had superfree. Why do SW publish a book of desserts and have all those cakes and puddings on their website if this is the case?
Don't want to jeopardise my weightloss but this makes it seem very strict.

It's not a case of doing everything wrong is it? It's a case of tweaking a free food to make a cake. Now some consultants agree with cous cous cake, lasagne crisps, chick pea nuts etc but they are not pushed by SW.

Some consultants don't. We've had a lot of "food abuse" discussions on here over the years.

my consultant obviously thinks it is ok but are you saying the best way is to snack only on SF. That is what I have done so far to be honest but because it is on website along with other desserts I thought I could have it for pudding with fruit. I honestly don't get it. I'm totally c onfused about superfree. i obviously don't want to lessen my weight loss as that is why I'm doing it all!

Not that you can't eat free foods, but think of it this way, using the ingredients as they were intended to be used, smash made up with water into mash, however many eggs you use, mullerlight etc could you eat the same amount of the same foods in their usual form as you can when they are made into a cake? Likelyhood is you would eat more in cake form as you would in normal form and this is what they class as food abuse.
Of course you are entitled to do what you like, but its defintely something to be aware of, especially if you find your losses slow down and you are eating things like this. This also applies to crisps made from lasagne sheets, or thin potato slices made into crisps to snack on. It's all about how filling the "free" food is in a particular form

As for scan bran I do think that's different as the main purpose of it is for a high fibre boost. I personally can't get the stuff down unless its in cake form but you still need to be aware of how many you are eating.

Back