6stone to lose ... is 2lb week toooo slow?

d1592

Hello. I have tried SW so many times. Maybe 20. I am finally at a good place where I can see me achieving this. I don't find it too hard this time.

Week 1 -5lb
Week 2-2lb
Week 3-2lb
Week 4-2lb

11lb in a month is good but should i be taking off more? I am 18.5i/2 at the moment.

Any ideas or help please xxxx Dee xxxx

2lb a week is great.

Between 1 and 2lb a week is a good normal weightloss once initial weeks have passed.

I have always thought if you lose it slow and steady you have a greater chance of keeping it off.

Good luck, you are doing fab. :)

2lb per week is great, your body can only do so much. Plus on slower weeks your body may be retaining water, so don't worry too much if you see an STS or even a gain even if you've been good. It's normal. The weight will come off! :D

2lbs a week is great and is recommended by most GP's as a sensible amount you should be aiming to lose per week.
I started Slimming World at the end of January this year and had lost 6 stone by the end of October this year.
I've had weeks where i've lost more than 2lbs and weeks where i've lost less but when I did a bit of maths and averaged it out it worked out at 2lbs a week so i'd say you're right on track!

Back