93 Syns..NICE ONE Siobhan!

eddiesmum2002

Well guys after my exemplary week this week I ended it with a bang, blew all caution out the window & had a grand total of 93 syns!
Bloody marvellous! Except now I feel like total and utter ***** and completely deserve a gain on Friday for weigh in. Ridiculous, I hate that I do this to myself.
I need a straight jacket for weekends, or to just sleep continually. So frustrating, I don't know what drives me to it.
THOROUGHLY PISSED OFF with myself.
Excuse the language & the rant, had to vent somewhere expect n sympathy, was me that filled my fat bloody face just wish I could bottle this guilt and use it as a weapon against the saturday motivational slump!!!
:cry::cry::cry:

Ouch!
Come on' honey. I know how crap your feeling but do try not to let it hit the rest of your week into chaos either. I know how you feel.. everytime i got close to my 5st target, just a few lbs, perfectly dooable.. id **** it all up and gain a few lbs, pushing me further and further away from it. i was so mad and frustrated with myself, but no matter how many times i did it, i'd do it again and i just couldnt figure out what the hell was wrong with me! .. you will get past this, once you'v done it once or twice, and proven to yourself that you can do it, youl be fine.

Its becos your coming 'back' to plan, im finding it SO difficult to keep the willpower strong this time, even though i only ahve 9lbs to go, and i know it could be worse.. it seems like a lifetime away. The weeks go so slow and its so tough, where as before.. nothing could stop me..

You'v done it now, and there is nothing you can do about it. Just gotta work damn hard and use that fear of a gain to make you work the rest of this week.. dont get like me, when i got to the point of excepting the gain before i'd been, and almost not caring anymore! xxxx

Thanks Fern, I think I needed a pep-talk.
Just hate the way I let myself down then blub about a bloody maintain when its clear now, now ive started consciously writing down what I'm shovelling in that I don't bloody deserve a loss!!!
Been the same weight since end of June :cry: give or take a pound or 2 either way.
Gonna suck it up & get back on it today.
Been invited for lunch out, but asked kindly for hayley to put me a jacket spud in instead of roasties/mash! Spose could be worse!

You have done amazingly well, I'm really inspired by people like yourself that stick with it and get results xxx

Sweetheart, it took me 8 months of pure faffing, on the wagon, off the wagon to get half a frickin stone off to drop to my new target weight, and bang.. was there for one week. ONE week. up and down a few lbs.. then i went away, got engaged and gained 8.5lbs in a week and a half. How pissed off am i? i jumped back on the scales and was 10.st 5.5 and i was gutted. After finally getting to 9st 8.5, for one week. But even then, i just couldnt get my head around it, and its taken me 5 weeks to loose 1lb. One measly lb. because i just lost a lb, gained 2, lost 2, gained 1.. didnt care enough..

Iv been waiting for it to just 'click' and honey, it just wont. it aint gunna just happen, i hoped i would just suddenly get this spur of motivation and it hasnt come. Im forcing myself to care, forcing myself to have the will power, and its damn tough when i all i wanna do is eat crap. My mind still isnt 100% there, but im forcing myself to just do it, and i hope after a few weeks, a maybe some losses, my mind will sort itself out too.

xxx

I feel you, completely. I find it so bizarre we all struggle with the same problems and hardships along the way, its SUCH a difficult journey and takes some real commitment.
I was so brilliant during my pregnancy last year, I lost 1st 13lbs from pre-pregnancy weight and had a 9lb 5oz baby boy! Proud as punch I was! But the motivation has slowly slipped away.
Just picked up one of my MANY saved SW mags and going to try and follow one of their weeks. Not got a babysitter next weekend, so hoping baby at home = less binge attacks as me and the other half tend to go daft when we get a bit of freedom.
If we stick together we can do this, take my hat off to you for sticking with it and being so close to target. Worrying bit for me is, even when I reach target, is the maintaining, must be so difficult!
I do love slimming world, its an amazing diet, I just wish I could get my head in gear and get on with it!
Want 7lb off at least for xmas, not much I know but just a bloody down-ward shift would make my day! xxx

Its funny, i can never work out why my entire journey, the majority of it anyways, seemed piss easy. Nothing got in my way, nothing stopped me and my motivation never left.

I blame it on maintaining at my original target weight for just over a year, once i got into the swing of it, trying to go back to actually 'loosing' si incredibly difficult. When you maintain, you dont maintain the same numbers each week, it just doesnt happen.. and when you realise that, it makes sence. My way of maintaining my weight was 2lb on, 2lb off, 2lb on, 2lb off.. one week 100%, the next 100%+naughties.. one week relaxed, then i'd reign it in again. One week fully reigned in is so manageable, when you know you can relax a little bit more, (meals out, desserts, sharing that bar of galaxy on an eve) the week after.. and thats how i maintained, now, being back on plan to loose, means i have to be consistantly good, so although i always have wednesdays off, and always have done.. its not enough anymore and thats my struggle. My motivation always wavers after 2 weeks. but i have to keep going if im to get back there. xxxx

Firstly well done for counting the syns and not hiding what you had actually had that takes a lot of courage to do that.

Is that all you've had for the week, if so you are still within your syn allowance if you have 15 per day, if not what is the total amount of syns you've had since last WI, is it really so bad?

But it's done now & you can't change it.;)

I completely sympathise you, and like other people have said it takes a lot of courage to actually count how much you've eaten... I very much admire you for that :)

I've been in the same boat as you, and can't stop myself from eating loooooooooads after a VERY good week!!

Just don't beat yourself up about it :) Tomorrow's always a new day right? :) You're only human... and food's yummy! :p

Well michelle w/i is saturdays, so I guess you COULD say the 100 is out of my 105 for the week, so now have 1 syn a day until friday ha ha. Not likely :-/ but I see your point even if I go for 2-3 syns a day Im guessing the damage would be reasonable.
Had a little cry, and a pep talk with myself & I'm now ready to battle it out again this week. Going to follow a mag's plan to try and make me more motivated and make correct snack choices.
Will let you know how I get on at weigh in next weekend.
Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it xxxxxx

OK so 93 syns isn't great, but it IS better than 94, 95, 96 or even more.

And the fact you have actually counted them rather than writing it off it is BIG positive.

We all have moments like you had, don't beat yourself up. Yes it probably means you won't get a good result on the scales but you will at least know why. And you can hopefully channel some of your post-splurge annoyance into a few positive 100% weeks, which will soon undo any damage you may have done and also lose many more lbs too :)

I'm definitely in the "well done for 'fessing up and writing them down!" camp. I've been messing around myself this past couple of weeks and it's only by getting back to it and actually counting my Syns that I feel back in control.

I had a curry and a couple of glasses of port on Friday night, normally I wouldn't think that was too bad. 31.5 Syns! I was mortified, but I'm still in control because I WROTE IT DOWN!

I have to agree with the others Hun.

I could have been far worse! You just have to give yourself that strict talking to and think about what you want more...eat rubbish and feel just as bad, or do something about it and change the habit that you have gotten yourself into.
Its never easy at any stage of a diet, and there are so many times when you want to give in altogether, but do you want to have to go through all this again??
Go to weigh in and have a chat with your Consultant, thats what they are there for and there are things that they should have that could help. If you dont ask for the help though, how will you know and then you will just go back to beating yourself up and feeling miserable.

Come on !! You can do it!!!

xxxx

Back