A bit of a debate for a Friday!

Lots of interest posts here and it wouldn't surprise me if SW do move further in that direction. Think about it, it's not that long ago that you could have heinz macaroni cheese, corned beef and campbells meatballs as free foods.I think there may also come a day when they do away with the red plan.

Lots of interest posts here and it wouldn't surprise me if SW do move further in that direction. Think about it, it's not that long ago that you could have heinz macaroni cheese, corned beef and campbells meatballs as free foods.I think there may also come a day when they do away with the red plan.

Oh noo. I do hope not. I much prefer the red plan.

Is corned beef not a free food anymore ?? My books are very old, given to me by friend and we have no groups here.

I love corned beef !!!

I dont think the red plan will go-too many people eat meat.Pasta etc as snacks wont go either as it is better to be full on pasta than snacking constantly on junk.I do think mug shots will go the way of supernoodles etc.
Corned beef no longer free .which version are you following cos its probably best to stick to one plan rather than mixing editions of plans where syns and free food are different.

To be honest it wouldnt suprise me if they did away with both red and green!!

EE is a mixture of both and if you are vegetarian then you can just leave out the meat part.

I only think this because the book is VERY VERY extra easy biased, you would only have 1 syn value for everything and it suits most people.

I dont know any people in my group who are newbies that do red / green because those plans are pushed aside - and in my view are being fased out

xxx

I think you're right about that. It does make sense, EE is a lot less complicated for people to get their heads around.

I really hope it's not the case though it does feel that way. There are an awful lot of people who rely on doing red and green. Whether that's because of better losses (me!) or simply because they have done it for so long it would be a huge blow to have it taken away. Yes we could continue to do it by ourselves but it's not the same. Of course things move on and change but after 40 years it would be a drastic step and imo make it less 'special' and more like every other healthy eating plan.

Personally i believe the reason dont 'push' portion control is because part of the rehibilitating of your eating habits is feeling a sence of 'freedom'. SW give's each and every member the choice, and trusts that member to learn when enough is enough- Note, i say Learn.

Learning portion control isnt the most important thing when you embark on the long, long journey that is your weight loss. No matter how many lbs you have to lose, it can seem like a long hard journey at times.

Iv been with slimmingworld two years, and only now am i teaching myself portion control, and this is because i needed to get my head round healthy cooking, spotting hidden fats and oils, keeping my motivation results and most important to me.. feeling FULL.

I genuinly believe the reason they dont push this portion control is because its SO easy to get so caught up in the excitment of the new plan, combined with all the unknowns and trying to understand the differences between plans.. whats 'okay' and whats not etc. It could be so easy to create more problems than what you began with. We have an incredibly emotional journey to go through, it could be very difficult to turn this new way of eating into a negative, rather than a positive.

Even now, learning what portion sizes are best for me is difficult. I approached it with simple rules - only eat when hungry- eat very slowly. .

but then on a few occasions i caught myself feeling guilty for eating my plate full. Despite it being a smaller plate. There was nothing wrong with finishing my plate, i needed to learn how to eat untill i was full, or only when im actually hungry.. not feel guilty incase i leave too much and feel like iv eaten too much, even if it were all syn free, good food.

do you see how easy it is to slip into nasty habits without realising? even now, with all my weight gone and after following the plan so long- had i had not nipped it in the bud there and then upon realising myself, it could have evolved into somthing really horrible. Had i been still in the early stages of my journey i wouldnt have been clear minded enough to see where i was potentially going wrong.

- and arn't we all adults here? Just as we made the decision to fall into bad habits, get big and pile on the weight through bad choices... - slimmingworld give you all the tools you could possibly need to start a healthy new life.. they cant do it all hey!

im not entirely sure what changes could happen in the future, but i would hope they dont make too many changes, because making it stricter would make sw exactly the same as every other 'diet' out there. Flexibility is what sets sw apart from the other eating plans.

just my view x

I dont think the red plan will go-too many people eat meat.Pasta etc as snacks wont go either as it is better to be full on pasta than snacking constantly on junk.I do think mug shots will go the way of supernoodles etc.
Corned beef no longer free .which version are you following cos its probably best to stick to one plan rather than mixing editions of plans where syns and free food are different.

Thank you so much for that. I think the books I have must be getting on for 20 years old. I do follow the plan to the last letter.

I have eaten corned beef as a free food, but do not eat it by the tin, perhaps a third of a tin which is just over 100g.

My weight is going down nicely so I think the old version must work o.k.

Back