A couple of questions for target members

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
I'm just curious about what it's like when people reach target. (Long way away for me yet! :rolleyes:)

When you reach target are you actually happy and comfortable with your weight/size? The reason I ask is because since I remember I've lacked confidence because of my weight, and I don't like how I look, as I lose weight I still don't like how I look. I just cant see how my perception of my weight/look will suddenly change because i've lost a few stone. Does it take a while to get the confidence in yourself?

Also, I've noticed as i've lost the weight I've got very flappy bingo wings!! How easy is it to tone up the flabby loose skin?! I'm 25 so have age on my side still I hope! I was just wondering what do people do to help this or disguise!?

I can only speak for myslef here, but the short answer is No. Getting to target has not magically given me masses of self esteem or confidence in how I look. The compliments I get from people do help, and you can tell people actually genuinely mean them too. That has boosted my confidence, and has also spurred me on to take a few risks with my wardrobe, which also boosts my confidence. I've always had low self esteem. Things will change though and you will be so proud of what you have achieved you will want to show it off. Just remember people will look at you and see the good bits straight away, whereas you will look in the mirror and point out the bad bits first. Try to look at yourself the way others see you, it does help!! :)

I feel sooooo much better and more confident! I've shopped in shops I wouldn't have dared even look in the window of before and strutted in with my head held high :D

I am very happy with my weight and size now, but am still struggling to actually remain at target - I keep losing weight :eek:

As for the skin, I'm a rubbish example and don't practise what I preach, but gentle toning exercise should help. I'm quite lucky that I don't have too much flapping about even after losing the weight fairly quickly and doing no exercise whatsoever, but I do have bingo wings!

I have found that I have had to accept that I'm still the same shape, only smaller. I've got a big bust, very small waist and big hips and saddle bag thighs. Plus bingo wings.
Saying that, it all looks much better at this size than it did when I was 7 stone heavier, and I am really, really, REALLY happy with the way I look now. I'm not perfect by any means but I look good in my clothes.
I've got a fair bit of loose skin which only appeared with the last stone lost, but it doesn't really worry me too much apart from my arms at this time of year.

Yep I'm really happy now I'm at target. i feel my clothes look nicer on. I feel more confident not in myself as a person but in the clothes I'm wearing.

I don't think I've got too much flabby skin:cool: but maybe somebody else may think so.

Staying at target isn't easy though, I sometimes think it's harder than losing weight:D

Im not totally 100% happy still now that i'm at target, but thats because I know I have a low opinion of myself an no matter how much weight i loose i'm never going to be happy. However, I do recognise how well I have done and how far I have come so I am pleased with myself about that. Everyone is different thought I guess.

I am more than happy with the size I am and that I can now buy size 8/10s.
However, looking in the mirror I don't like my body much. Where there was fat, I now see wrinkled, droopy skin and I still see myself as a bit fat! I know I am much smaller as I could not buy the smaller size clothes before but I just don't see it. I was just hoping to wear more revealing clothes, and I can't.
I guess we can't have everything, and I am working on trying to get rid of the loose skin but at my age it's so much harder than if I was in my 20's.
All in all I much prefer to be where I am now.

I've been at target for just over a year now (the longest I've ever managed it) having lost 2 stone and I love it.

It was hard work getting here and as happyholidays says it's hard staying at it ( I still need the discipline if class everyweek), but it's so worth it.

I feel fab and think I look ok too, far better than I did 2 stone ago! I have gained confidence, I wear clothes I wouldn't have done before, I've thrown away all my big stuff and I have a drawer full of new matching underwear (the only downside being I have no boobs to fill my bras any more!)

It's wonderful and I'm never going back.

Oooh it'd be nice to have nice underwear!! I'm a 40 D and can never find any pretty bras :( All full cup ugly boring ones!

In some ways I feel worse! Altho I love that I can buy clothes in any shop. But before I would have just chucked on any clothes in the morning that fit, and not given any thought to how I looked. Now I spend ages picking, and some days I get changed until I feel my tummy looks ok lol. I feel that my tummy is huge and I hate my non existant chest, whereas before I was pretty much indifferent to how I looked!!!

I can't see myself as slim in the mirror at all, but I can see it in photos though.

Hmm, tough question!

I'm very happy with how I look and how I feel and I love being able to wear pretty much whatever I want. I was confident before but now I have it by the bucketload - if I walk into a meeting I can hold my head high and I feel good, before I wouldn't have done that.

However.... I'd still like to lose half a stone. I witter on about this a bit so sorry if people have heard this before but I just think it would make more of a difference. I see my shape now whereas I didn't before. I have small saddlebags where I had fat thighs - I know I should exercise but I'm lazy! I see a flabby tummy, again exercise!

Half a stone won't change my shape and I'm not someone who finds it easy to stay at target which is why I haven't lost any more weight!

So yes, I am happy at target otherwise I would have either lost more or put the weight back one I think!

Back