A day of two halves...

LollyPop

One Day at a Time
today was tough, but not for diet reasons... I'm just finishing day 6 (no slip-ups) - must be in ketosis by now as I'm not hungry.
I'm on hols from work with my son but despite us going bowling this morning and having his friend to play early afternoon I find myself very confused by my feelings.

At 3pm he went to stay at his friends house overnight.... from that point onwards I've been pretty lost. Hubby got home from work at 6.30 and was due out at a meeting at 7.30 - I just followed him around the house like a lost puppy - what is wrong with me??? I felt so pathetic.... I've got loads of energy but nothing to do with it (hubby and I spent the long bank hol weekend cleaning the house so its perfect).

Anyway hubby suggested I treat myself in some allowable way so I popped up to Tesco and bought hairdrye, conditioning treatment, bath bubbles, nivea firming cream and coke zero.

Got home and did my hair dye - just having my last shake for the day hot choc mint -mmmmmm... feeling a little better but still not sure why I felt so lost. :(

yes, I can relate to that feeling, its odd & hard to explain. My hubby is now on CD & he says he has this "feeling" too, like he's in limbo....

I felt like I was seeking something all the time but not sure what? I probably sound mad, it may be our brains way of dealing with no food, we have no hunger due to ketosis but normally eat? I'll stop rambling but I know what you mean. I found myself cleaning everything, emptying the attic, garage etc...

By the time I reached goal, I had a house Kim & Aggy would be proud of
xxx

That sounds about right... like I said weird day... I really struggled to drink my 4 pints today but actually since feeling better about myself this evening I've done another 3 pints without thinking about it....

I think its phsycological food withdrawal - like giving up smoking - you feel like u should be 'doing' something or that something is 'missing'

It will pass - not feeling hungry helps - try to find something to do, read a book, paint your nails, do the ironing, go for a walk, anything :)

Eating food, preparing food, thinking about what to eat when takes up a big part of our lives so when it's gone it will feel weird for a while

Well done for staying on track

Back