A little experiment with my body's reaction

Yasmine

One last chance
Today I lost 6lbs and with that I wanted to try something out. I went out today and I bought myself a chicken pasta salad from M&S and a packet of chocolate brioche's from tesco. Now I ate these things and I want to see how my body reacts. I am going to continue with the lighter life lite plan as usual and see if I lose weight or not.

Call me crazy, but I want to experiment with myself. What do you guys think will happen?

i think youre crazy....lol

I think u might be ok, if your going right back onto pack and I'd say I'll still lose a few pounds as long as u don't eat anymore. Good luck x

I think u might be ok, if your going right back onto pack and I'd say I'll still lose a few pounds as long as u don't eat anymore. Good luck x

Yeah tomorrow no more eating at all. I managed to do this and lost like a pound, but we'll see this time.

You'll put on some water weight, but otherwise you'll be fine... You might feel quite bloated too because you haven't had those chemicals in your body for a while, so it'll go in a little bit of a 'shock'. You may have knocked yourself out of ketosis too, so account for a few days getting back into it. You will lose weight, just maybe not so much this week. :)

However, I would advise, if you're going to be talking about food - please put a warning in the title. It's not fair on those who don't want to be tempted or read anything about things they are doing really well with not having right now. Please be considerate of others.

Thanks!

Cheers luv and yes very true I should of put that warning. Sorry guys xxx

Thanks again for the info minerva x

Yeh the food you mentioned will deffo kick you out of ketosis and your losses are going to be a bit less but if you want to do it again without the going in and out of ketosis process, id stick to the LL lite food choices your allowed to have :).

That's good to hear...read rather lol Cheers hunny x

Ok...
Quick question.
What is this experiment supposed to show you?
Just curious as it seems like you're thinking of lapsing just for the sake of it which is cool if that's what you want to do.
Or maybe I'm not understanding the concept behind it :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Like Magda, I'm not really sure why you're 'experimenting'. The diet works so why waste money on food you don't need? Think it's worth talking to your LLC about it as it's a pretty unusual thing to do. Hope you can get back on track and continue with your weight loss

Today I lost 6lbs and with that I wanted to try something out. I went out today and I bought myself a chicken pasta salad from M&S and a packet of chocolate brioche's from tesco. Now I ate these things and I want to see how my body reacts. I am going to continue with the lighter life lite plan as usual and see if I lose weight or not.

Call me crazy, but I want to experiment with myself. What do you guys think will happen?
blink.gif

Yasmine, your post troubled me. What's the point of paying all this money for Lighter Life and working to get into ketosis, only to see if you can deliberately mess around with the plan and your body? I think you're being silly to be honest. You might not be ready for lighter life right now. Could be worth coming off completely and having a think about your reasons for doing LL in the first place, rather than putting your body through swings into ketosis and out again deliberately.

Whoa! Calling her silly is a bit harsh Spangly!
At the end of the day who are we to judge anyone on here?!
I'm sure Yasmine must have her reasons why she decided to do it and even if we don't understand it or accept it, it's not our place to be making such statements.

Yasmine honey. I know you've been through a lot recently. You've been in a pretty dark place and I'm pretty sure this has something to do with you being slightly confused about your LL journey.
I've been there.
One part of you wants to stick to it, the other wants to eat. It's easy to think that food will take the pain away make us feel better, fill in the void.
You know as much as I do though that food doesn't fix anything. It's just food! It's not designed to be a painkiller or an agony aunt.
Honey, take a step back and think for a second. What would you advise yourself?
You're clearly a little confused and lost and you know what. It's ok! It can be fixed.
Please try talking to someone about your feelings and fears. Your LLC is there for you and their job is to do just that!
If you don't want to talk to them, try someone you trust and can confide in.
Opening up and letting go really helps!
Be honest with them and most of all with yourself.
Like Spangly said. Maybe LL is not right for you at the moment but maybe, just maybe you're going through a rough patch that can be easily fixed by a little CBT.
Whatever you decide, please know that we are here for you if you need us.

Sending you lots of hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Last edited:
Indeed, we're not here to judge. You asked what you think will happen. Do you mean in terms of weight loss or psychologically? Because 'experiementing' has an impact on both.

You've done really well so far and as I've said, the diet works. You know it does. Playing around with it before you reach goal means the likelihood of actually reaching your goal weight becomes pretty slim (no pun intended). I've been around here for 3 years now and the general pattern is that people start to pick or go off the diet for a holiday or celebration and promise themselves they'll get back on it. But it doesn't happen. Or it does until the next time to have an excuse to eat comes along. And goals are never achieved and people come on here with so many regrets about eating when they know they should have just stuck to the packs.

LL isn't always right for everyone at certain times of their lives but it isn't cheap and eating when you're supposed to be on packs isn't the time to experiement. It just drags things out, makes you unhappy with slow losses and makes sticking to packs so much harder (and also means you're wasting money) RTM is the time to experiement whith what your body can and can't handle both physically and mentally.

I hope you can find the right balance and do what is right for you but if you really do want to do it then talk to your LLC about your 'experiement' and hopefully she will help you to get back on track and reaching the goal weight you have set yourself

Back