A little introduction :)

cathasach

I wasn't too sure where was best to post this, but I've just registered here and thought I'd say hi! I'm Jenn and I re-joined Slimming World four weeks ago. I used to attend way back in 2006 or thereabouts and lost a few stone, but after I stopped following the plan I went through a pretty difficult period wherein I lost my Dad and was unemployed for a really long time, and before I knew it I'd piled on about six stone. I've never been as overweight as this before and I feel so unfit and lumbering that it was beginning to frighten me quite a bit, plus I have two wardrobes stuffed full of beautiful things (a lot of which still have their tags on, even!) that I can now nowhere near fit into. When I finally got a new job in June I decided it was the right time to re-join Slimming World and get myself back on track at last.

So I signed up a month ago and lost 7.5lbs in my first week, which needless to say was very encouraging. :) The next week's loss was only 0.5lb, in spite of me doing everything 100% by the book, but in the weeks since I've lost 3 and 3.5 respectively. That means I've lost over a stone in just one month, which is so exciting!

I still have about six stone to lose before getting to the weight I'd ideally like to be, so I understand that there's a long way to go. But I'm feeling so encouraged and positive, and I feel so much better about myself knowing that I've changed my approach to food and could potentially be a whole new person by sometime next year! I've spent the past few years avoiding much social interaction because of how self-conscious and ashamed I feel, but I've found that I'm already agreeing to go to more parties etc, and I'm really looking forward to starting a whole new chapter of my life wherein I can do all of the things I've wanted to for so long!

So how are you all doing? And what kind of things are you most looking forward to when you've lost all of the weight you want to? I'd love to hear!

Welcome to Minimins! Hope you like it here :D And lots of luck with SW.xx

Welcome to Minimins and good luck on your SW journey. There's lots of support/tips/ideas/gossip here so stick around! Beware though - it can become addictive lol :D:D:D.

Back