a little question...

GemBee :-)

please can someone help meeee.....

do you know if i can add garlic powder or chilli powder to my chicken soup, to make it a bit more interesting??

probably this hhas been asked before but i can not find the answer...!!!

gemma xx

Sorry Gemma but you are not meant to add anything at all to the soup though some people have added Chilli Flakes and it did not seem to affect their losses.

Did you have your first WI today Gembee? Any news?

i had my first weigh in on friday due to work commitments... i lost 10lbs!!

didnt help one bit over the weekend though!! i really struggled saturday night...

but i have not cheated once... im a good girl!! haha!

xx

and how bloomin rude of me not to ask you about your weigh in!!??

how did you do??

xx

just call me gembee the idiot... i can clearly see you lost 6lbs...

well done you!! makes it seem worth it doesnt it??

xx

lol ... i like the 3 succession posts all clicking onto something new! haha

I've had one of those days too! This morning was the first morning I felt a tad tired, but yeah, definately worth the results and now I'm thinking .. roll on week 2! :D

Well done on your 10lb and that was only 5 days in! Fantastic! Bet you'll have a good loss to follow next week!

what i find the most difficult is night times... i love cups of tea and i cannot drink it without milk and without sugar, so i have gone cold turkey! i dont like the peppermint teas and i am getting really bored of water, which i find difficult to get down when it is so cold, although i do drink at least 3/4 litres a day.

im a support worker and i work in the community and in peoples houses... making dinner for them is hard and siting in a cafe with a bottle of water while my service user is tucking into a mushroom and cheese omelette with chips, is also quite testing, but i have managed 8 days of this torture and so i will soldier through..

this has probably gone completely off the subject but just need to talk to some people who understand...

thanks for listening to my moan,

xxx

How strange! 9pm is my thing! thats when i'd normally pick at stuff - and yes I too have gone cold turkey on the tea .. havent yet got desperate enough for black sugarless tea though lol ..

and randomly enough I work for an agency providing support workers/nurses to services users! so I know what your on about lol! I'm lucky I dont have to sit through making dinners etc, but all the office girls go off to the cob van each day and have their nice lunches .... worth it in the end!!!!

Gem, well done on a fantastic first week result. It is doubly hard when you are around food so much so hats off to you for managing so well. I agree that evenings are tougher. I tried lots of herbal teas. Green tea is not too bad, nor is earl grey. Make them with the water gone off the boil for about five minutes as it makes the tea less bitter this way. If you can't find a tea you like, you really are just going to have to keep yourself occupied in the late evening. Maybe also try having your shake later as well, something to look forward too!!!
While it is hard now, you will settle in to a routine and it will get easier. This is part of the habit breaking that we need. Keep strong.

Gem, a little tip for you and anyone else who wants "milky tea" - some people have been known to add a little bit of the vanilla shake to their tea - haven't tried it myself but you never know it might just work and of course you can use tablet sweetners in the tea/coffee too.

Before being on this diet I used to take all my tea and coffee black no sugar, but since being on LT I have to have sweetner in both now - I guess it makes it feel as though I am having something naughty to drink.

Water is really boring - at one point I even tried making my own Iced Tea - boiled up a few bags, added a load of sweetners and let it get cold, then put it in the fridge for a while. It was not too bad and made a nice change from plain water.

Hope that helps a little. :D

Ooo and great loss keep up the good work :D :D

Back