A Piece of Cake

Geri

Gold Member
Oh My!!

I have just finished reading this book with tears in my eyes.

What a read - a truly amazing woman....

don't want to give too much away - if you havnt read this then I would thoroughly reccomend it... If anyone has read it and wants to discuss it - feel free :D

Here's a link to her website CupcakeBrown.com - The Official Website of Cupcake Brown

That sounds just up my street. I've heard of cupcake, but never read her story.

I've just started reading Betrayed (another true story). OMG. Hooked already and just realised that I remember the story when it was on the news. Shocking!

I just did a google of the author (Lyndsey Harris) and found a forum where they were criticizing the her. The next message said "Ref your posts on this book. I am Lyndsey Harris and there are a few points I would like to make...."

Good for her :D See...you just don't know who reads these forums ;)

Anyway. Thanks for the heads up on this Geri. Down on my list for the next book

Oooh I'll look out for that one too Karion :D

I love a true story - very rarely read fiction books....

the cupcake one I got in Morrissons for £4.99 - they usually have them on offer 2 for £8.00 - did buy another one, can't remember where I put it now and don't even know what it was called lol

Happy reading :D

Hello

A Piece of Cake was one of our book club books, I quite enjoyed it but ashamed to say I felt a bit de-sensitised to all the her traumas. Horrific that all that could happen to someone and what an amazing turnabout of her life.

My copy needs a new home and was on its way to the charity shop tomorrow. If anyone wants it PM me your details and I'll be happy to send it on.

Oh wow Cheb, I didn't realize! I'll have a look out for the discussion on it :p

I thought it was very motivating - especially towards the end - with the overcoming the addictions - alot of what she wrote I could relate to - although a different addiction ie food!

Karion, you never guess - I found the book I bought and low and behold it's 'betrayed' will start reading that later on today or tonight:D

Hi....

Just abck from Smiths and on your recommendation i have bought this book as have just finished 'Keeping Faith'

Oh will do!! Was a top up with this one and starting Snow flowers and the secret sun... but with SS coming up next week will go for cup cake!

Will be ploughing into it on the train journey home.....

great plan!

How much did you pay for it in whsmith? I've been getting my books from Morrisons usually have them on offer 2 for £8 - bargin or what!! :D

Back