Aaaaaaaaaarggghhh Xmas meals doing my head in

chele80

On a mission
So I have a huge list of Xmas meals I have been invited to and it's doing my tree in completely.

My planned eats the next couple of months are November 27th for my husbands birthday, December 17th possibly eating the main course at my works do and December 25th. SS all the rest of the time.

But I have been invited to meals every weekend in December.

I am going to one on December 4th and have to preorder food so need to explain over the phone that I won't be eating, despite having to pay a £10 deposit. I know I won't cave, it's just this time of year is really going to do my head in.

Any of you just avoiding meals/works dos altogether? Or going and not eating? Or going and eating?

I'm not as popular as you, but only on day 2 of SS and already really worrying about this! I only have one Xmas meal (so far) on 9th, but its my work one and if I don't go, I'll have to sit in the office by myself all afternoon! If I do go, I can't bear all the questions (its a huge office) and sitting there watching everyone eat! But I don't want to eat!

Gah!

Xxx

I'm celebrating Christmas with my family in the last weekend of November, they've planned all sorts of treats (all food based!) but I'm abstaining and sticking SS for all of them. Apart from the Sunday lunch when we're going out for a full on Christmas meal, I've literally just come off the phone to the restaurant to ask them if they'll do me a chicken breast and some green veg. Thankfully they agreed happily.

At Christmas proper I will have just had three wisdom teeth removed so the shakes will be a godsend! xxx

Ouch!

ring the restaurants in advance and explain you are on a "medical pre-surgery" diet.... makes them ever so accomodating :)

I have several meals out and a few evenings with friends coming around (as well as Christmas). Have decided that on these days I am going to SS+ instead of SS. Had friends around for dinner last Fri and the week before and because I was cooking I was able to dictate what we ate lol. Was good and although I had some pudding last Fri I am now back into ketosis and not got another night out until Friday week.

Jill, don't sit in the office all by yourself hun. If you can be strong and not cave, go out with the team but just have something on the SS+ menu or move the food around your plate pretending to eat. Bet no one notices. Is hard especially if you don't want people to know you are doing CD.

hugs. Charlie xx

my CDC is offering everyone to step up to 810 over christmas, obviously optional. I will be on either 810 or 1000 by then so won't be so bad. Won't you of finished SS by christmas day ? xx

I still haven't decided what to do, I was on CD last year and I decided to have Christmas off. Only problem was I had a friends 30th two days before so I stopped then and on Boxing day I thought sod it I will want to drink on NYE so I stayed off until NY day and I couldnt get back on! Fast forward 8 months and I am back on CD after putting on 3 of the 4 stone I had taken off. This year I might just stick to it!! :) xxx

my CDC is offering everyone to step up to 810 over christmas, obviously optional. I will be on either 810 or 1000 by then so won't be so bad. Won't you of finished SS by christmas day ? xx

I wish!!! I reckon it'll be March/April before I finish SS!x

I'm celebrating Christmas with my family in the last weekend of November, they've planned all sorts of treats (all food based!) but I'm abstaining and sticking SS for all of them. Apart from the Sunday lunch when we're going out for a full on Christmas meal, I've literally just come off the phone to the restaurant to ask them if they'll do me a chicken breast and some green veg. Thankfully they agreed happily.

At Christmas proper I will have just had three wisdom teeth removed so the shakes will be a godsend! xxx

My Stepmum has done her nut about me having chicken for my 'Christmas dinner' and so wants me to have Turkey and green vegetables - aside from the fact that Turkey can quite dry without gravy, is it still low carb? :confused:

xx

Back