Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

thanks guys.

hi ruthie... yes. i've been here a while. don't read through it all. i have done cambridge, atkins, south beach, slimming world many times, weight watchers and probably others. i lost a lot of weight before i got married, then went on my honeymoon and gained about a stone :)D) then got pregnant the month after, had a baby, gained a couple more, lost them, husband injured himself and couldn't work for the last year, comfort ate a couple back on, lost them again and now i'm back to a couple of lbs under what i was when i got pregnant.

i'm firmly in the 15s now at 15st 12. my heaviest was 17st 12. so 2 stone down on my heaviest ever. the lightest i managed to get to last year (whilst doing slimming world) was 15st 10. so i would like to get below that before going to denmark for christmas. and then, i would like to not gain ridiculous amounts of weight whilst staying with my in laws.

that wasn't that brief was it? ha. my diary used to be very active when i was online all day at work. now i work from home and don't get to come on as much. but i'm trying to keep up my appearances now :)

after all of that slimming world is the only one that i find i will be able to maintain forever. i always think i'll be able to low-carb forever. i feel great while i'm doing it, i lose weight quickly on it, i feel healthy, and then i eat cake and feel like death and decide it isn't for me. so i think this is the way forwards :)

i have a few goals at the moment (look what i've started now). being thinner to see my danish in laws etc than i was in the summer and looking nice for crimbo obviously. i am 30 on the 24th january. i have surgery on my jaws in march or april. after which i won't be able to eat solid food for a few weeks so that should help :D.

i would like to be able to wear my wedding and engagement ring again. as after i got swollen when i was preggers i haven't been able to get them back on comfortably despite being thinner now than i was when i took them off. so yes. there we go.

massive raving post over :)

i'm very pleased to have my shiny shiny sticker. now i just need another one :D

abz xx

thanks guys.

hi ruthie... yes. i've been here a while. don't read through it all. i have done cambridge, atkins, south beach, slimming world many times, weight watchers and probably others. i lost a lot of weight before i got married, then went on my honeymoon and gained about a stone :)D) then got pregnant the month after, had a baby, gained a couple more, lost them, husband injured himself and couldn't work for the last year, comfort ate a couple back on, lost them again and now i'm back to a couple of lbs under what i was when i got pregnant.

i'm firmly in the 15s now at 15st 12. my heaviest was 17st 12. so 2 stone down on my heaviest ever. the lightest i managed to get to last year (whilst doing slimming world) was 15st 10. so i would like to get below that before going to denmark for christmas. and then, i would like to not gain ridiculous amounts of weight whilst staying with my in laws.

that wasn't that brief was it? ha. my diary used to be very active when i was online all day at work. now i work from home and don't get to come on as much. but i'm trying to keep up my appearances now :)

after all of that slimming world is the only one that i find i will be able to maintain forever. i always think i'll be able to low-carb forever. i feel great while i'm doing it, i lose weight quickly on it, i feel healthy, and then i eat cake and feel like death and decide it isn't for me. so i think this is the way forwards :)

i have a few goals at the moment (look what i've started now). being thinner to see my danish in laws etc than i was in the summer and looking nice for crimbo obviously. i am 30 on the 24th january. i have surgery on my jaws in march or april. after which i won't be able to eat solid food for a few weeks so that should help :D.

i would like to be able to wear my wedding and engagement ring again. as after i got swollen when i was preggers i haven't been able to get them back on comfortably despite being thinner now than i was when i took them off. so yes. there we go.

massive raving post over :)

i'm very pleased to have my shiny shiny sticker. now i just need another one :D

abz xx

Oooh, so you are only two pounds off your lowest weight in years :D

Do the Danish eat a lot of pastries? :) They are my favourite, and the worst diet food in the world, ever. I too, love cake, but it makes me feel awful. My entire stomach bloats up with gas and I do about a million tiny little smell-free farts. Its so uncomfortable and awful, I don't know why I kept on doing it to myself.

I would have thought you would spend more time on here now your working at home, rather than in an office, as you don't have a boss looking over your shoulder :) Did you start your own company? What do you do?

You have much to do Abz but you are well under way. The jaw thing has been in the offing for years if I remember rightly so that should be a nice positive for you - although not nice to go through x

hello. well ruthie at work in an office there were times when i'd get bored and faff on the internet. at home if i'm not working then i'm playing with my daughter so i try to get the work done as quickly as possible :)

yes, the danes do the best pastry in the world. i can't eat it over here any more as it just doesn't compare. at the moment i'm not fussed however. we were there for three and a half weeks over the summer and it became normal rather than a treat so hopefully i should be able to resist.

yes gem the surgery has been in the offing for a long time. march or april i believe. of course you never know if it's going to get cancelled or delayed or whatnot so we'll just have to wait and see :)

abz xx

Hi gem. thanks.

Realised I didn't say what I do ruthie. I'm a patent searcher for a company in london. so i work to strict deadlines but as long as i meet them i can do the work whenever i like.

today has started well. am absolutely shattered though. didn't get to sleep until after 1 and iz was up at 7 and have been working all morning. having a brief break now whilst thomas and iz are out :)

grapes and fat free greek yoghurt for brekkie and am on coffee number two. not sure what lunch will bring. am sure i'll think of something :)

abz xx

good morning everyone. how are you all doing?

i'm doing ok. i got a chicken kebab from the takeaway last night expecting it to come in a pitta which i could syn. it came in a naan bread. i started to eat it but decided it wasn't worth it so after about three bits i just ate the chicken and guessed a high syn value for it. so hopefully that will be ok.

i also ate out at harvester yesterday and it was brilliant. you could choose everything individually and everything had calorie contents listed so i could get some gravy and know how many syns it was. i could even have had a dessert if i'd wanted. it was fab. it did feel a bit strange to order the jacket potato, which is free on sw, which had a higher calorie content than the mash, which isn't, ha. but slimming world works in mysterious ways...

anyhoo. have to work this morning. hopefully my oh is feeling better. i heard a large crash last night and found him passed out on the bedroom floor. he woke up shortly afterwards with a bump on his head. he's not been well and hasn't been eating so i spent the rest of the afternoon plying him with sweet tea and melon. it's amazing how irritating it is not having anything with actual sugar in it in the house. ha. everything i had was sugar free. but the melon and tea did the trick in the end, ha.

right. i suppose i should do something productive. am stealing a moment whilst izzy eats her brekkie :)

abz xx

I hope OH is OK - Have a good weekend x

Same here abz, don't you want to get him checked out, passing it out like that? That would scare the living daylights out of me! Has he done this before?

he has done it occasionally before when he lets his bloody sugar dip really low. have told him to go to the docs and get them to check his bloody sugars, but to be honest he's been binging on really sugary things and then was sick for two days and didn't eat. wouldn't surprise me if his blood sugars dropped from very high to very low and he just went.

diet wise this week has been good. not as much super free as i would like but i've been really busy and have had to eat on the go a lot. still. had a normal amount of super free and have stuck to the letter of the law so should have a loss.

also had the lovely feeling of buying a pair of black trousers in asda and taking them home without trying them on because i couldn't be bothered. putting them on the next morning and them fitting perfectly with the zip going up easily and no strain on the buttons. that never happens!! still a size 20 but hell. at least i'll be able to tell if i'm getting thinner in them, ha.

abz xx

Hi Abz :wavey:
I'd try and convince OH to visit the GP as it could be low blood pressure rather than low blood sugars. My OH is diabetic but perversly has very low blood pressure! He always has to be very careful not to get up too quickly or he ends up on the floor! If I remember correctly your OH is over 6ft and so he has a long way to fall when he does go and could result in some very nasty injuries:eek:

I have a mate with low blood pressure - she has got used to it and very rarely reacts to it, although how she stands up with how low it is sometimes I don't know. Get it checked out though - its no good speculating x

he had his blood pressure checked last time...

well i went to get weighed last night and had lost another lb. so that's all good :)

would have liked it to be more but given the weirdness of my weight loss so far as long as it's going down then i'm happy :)

abz xx

thanks gem :)

have been working all day. i seem to have felt frantic all day yet have only managed to write two reports. they are sods. and i have two more to do tomorrow. i just really hope that i manage to get them done faster than today!!

abz xx

well today i mainly sat around waiting for my work to come in in dribs and drabs. so although i sat there from 7.30am to 6pm i only actually did four hours work due to waiting for it to come in from other people finishing their bits, ha. but at least it was work and a wee bit of money on the run up to christmas. i have to do a little bit on monday and then i'm off the rest of next week. should give me chance to actually do some christmas shopping, ha.

hope all is ok with everyone else.

abz xx

How annoying having to wait around but the Christmas shopping time will be good x

well i weighed in last night and i maintained. there's no reason for this but my three week cycle of gaining seems to be continuing. so at least this time it wasn't a gain. so hopefully, if the pattern continues, i should have a good loss next week. it's also my totm at the mo so i'm not too bothered.

did i tell you about my wardrobe achievement? you know those things you have in your wardrobe that you automatically don't consider because they don't fit? well i realised that actually, now they did :) so i have new clothes again, ha. woo. i bought them for last christmas and i can wear them again this christmas, so that's all good :)

hope everyone else is doing well?

abz xx

Back