Acai Berry Capsules and Colon Cleanse ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Wee Doll, 20 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Wee Doll

Wee Doll Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    has anyone used these ?? i seen them advertised on holland and barrat website and was just wondering if anyone has used them and if they help ?? or hinder ??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Are they like fancy laxatives?

4. Wee Doll

Wee Doll Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thats what i assumed lol i dont want to try them and be either

blocked up or over flowing lol for want of a better terminology lol

5. evilpenguin

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    lol I've heard of the acai berry before but it all seems a bit too Hollywood!

6. Wee Doll

Wee Doll Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ive heard they are good from some people and others say they do nothing at all

i think il wait untill i can get a detailed report before i buy them

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Acai berries are not likely to do you any harm, although whether they will do you any good is another matter. There is little scientific evidence for the claims made for them.

Anything that calls itself a "colon cleanse" sounds to me like something to be avoided. If there is something wrong with your colon, then see a doctor. If not, leave it alone as it is perfectly capable of working by itself.

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Colon cleanse just means a laxative - so I would take these with care if you decide to buy some.

9. Debs154

Debs154 Trying again!!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I have tried the colon cleanse - never again! You were supposed to take them for 5 consecutive days and I gave up after 2.

I have never heard so many noises from my body before! lol and SW produces enough wind without needing any supplements! Haven't tried Acai but not convinced they'd really do anything though.

10. debjk

debjk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(24.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I tried colon cleanse (didnt buy them my sil gave me a weeks supply) tbh they didnt do much they didnt have a laxative effect on me. Ok so every morning I got up and went to the loo but it was just normal no running or being desperate wouldnt bother again because they are expensive for what they do certainly wouldnt of paid for them. Didnt notice any increased wind either but then I was a bit windy anyway :D due to eating scan bran cakes and loads of eggs beans and veg day to day :D

11. j70joj

j70joj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    before startin sw, and in a moment of panic that i needed to lose weight fast, i bought some acai berry. Too be honest didnt really do alot, they didnt speed up my loses, they might have made me feel fuller, although cannot be certain that was doen to the acai berry or just not hungry at the time. In fact i only lost ££'s not lbs.

But thats just my opinion.
    x

12. lesserme

lesserme shrinking granny

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.69%)
    Diet:
    s/w
    found this, I havent tried them so, you can make your own mind up

AcaiPure Review

[​IMG]
    If you looking for an effective product that will allow you to lose the weight you need as well as nourish your body with the natural substances necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle, Acai Pure may be the solution. Acai Pure is different from other weight loss products because it contains the incredible acai berry, which not only assists the body in ridding itself of harmful toxins, but by doing so, increases your body’s metabolism, helping you to shed unwanted pounds quickly and more efficiently.

What Acai Pure can do for you:

» Increase metabolism and heighten energy levels

» Detoxify your digestive system

» Boost your immune system naturally

» Help to keep weight off

In addition to acai berry extract, Acai Pure contains ginger, rhubarb, fennel, and other natural ingredients that create an effective and powerful weight loss supplement.
    Acai Pure is a better choice because it contains all natural ingredients. Unlike some weight loss products on the market which contain chemicals that can cause potentially harmful side effects, Acai Pure takes a natural, more holistic approach to weight loss by not only giving you the natural ingredients to stimulate your body to lose weight, but to also strengthen your body while doing so.

The Beneficial Effects of Acai Berry

• Acai berry is a natural source of fiber to keep your digestive system running smoothly, and as a result, helps rid your digestive system of harmful substances that build up over time and cause you to feel tired and listless.
    • Acai berry is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to remove free radicals in the body known to cause damage to healthy cells.
    • Acai berry is rich in Omega fatty acids which have been proven to lower bad cholesterol, leading to more healthy heart function.
    • Acai berry is known to boost metabolism and increase energy.

13. Yummy mummy wannabee

Yummy mummy wannabee losing the other me !

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(21.79%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi I havent tried Acai but did give the Colon Cleanse a go before Slimming World, tbh I didnt really notice any change to my "routine" and in my opinion they are quite expensive, tbh I have had better results since been on Slimming World x

14. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    As soon as I see the words "detox" "detoxify" or "ridding the body of harmful toxins", I know that what will follow will probably be rubbish.

I recently discovered an organisation called "Sense about Science" - this is from their website:

Our bodies have their own ‘detox’ mechanisms. The gut prevents bacteria and many toxins from entering the body. When harmful chemicals do enter the body, the liver acts as an extraordinary chemical factory, usually combining them with its own chemicals to make a water soluble compound that can be excreted by the kidneys. The body thus detoxifies itself. The body is re-hydrated with ordinary tap water. It is refreshed with a good night’s sleep.
    These processes do not occur more effectively as a result of taking “detox” tablets, wearing “detox” socks, having a “detox” body wrap, eating Nettle Root extract, drinking herbal infusions or “oxygenated” water, following a special “detox” diet, or using any of the other products and rituals that are promoted. They waste money and sow confusion about how our bodies, nutrition and chemistry actually work.

If you want to read more:
    Sense About Science | Detox

15. sugar plum fairy

sugar plum fairy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.6%)
    Diet:
    SlimmingWorld
    ive tried both and nope did nothing for me either!! wasted my cash yet again, i need to stop believing in these products cos not many do actually work lol
    xx

16. evilpenguin

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Yep these things are a total waste of cash, advertised as if they're a magic cure!

17. Wee Doll

Wee Doll Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i think i had a moment of madness thinking about getting these cause i fell off the wagon the last week lol

back on track after my weigh in today and even though i only lost 1/2 lb its better than nothing considering i never got no excercise and had a really bad eating week

but im back to normal as of today :D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. thirsty4

thirsty4 Member

i brought the Acai Berry Capsules before i started going to class. and to be honest they made me put on weight, not lose it. i did speak to the sales assistant in holland and barret. she did say some people do have a success with them, and others dont. i am going to try them out again otherwise it was a waste of £25.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.