Acai Berry Capsules and Colon Cleanse ?

Wee Doll

Silver Member
has anyone used these ?? i seen them advertised on holland and barrat website and was just wondering if anyone has used them and if they help ?? or hinder ??

thats what i assumed lol i dont want to try them and be either

blocked up or over flowing lol for want of a better terminology lol

lol I've heard of the acai berry before but it all seems a bit too Hollywood!

ive heard they are good from some people and others say they do nothing at all

i think il wait untill i can get a detailed report before i buy them

Acai berries are not likely to do you any harm, although whether they will do you any good is another matter. There is little scientific evidence for the claims made for them.

Anything that calls itself a "colon cleanse" sounds to me like something to be avoided. If there is something wrong with your colon, then see a doctor. If not, leave it alone as it is perfectly capable of working by itself.

I have tried the colon cleanse - never again! You were supposed to take them for 5 consecutive days and I gave up after 2.

I have never heard so many noises from my body before! lol and SW produces enough wind without needing any supplements! Haven't tried Acai but not convinced they'd really do anything though.

I tried colon cleanse (didnt buy them my sil gave me a weeks supply) tbh they didnt do much they didnt have a laxative effect on me. Ok so every morning I got up and went to the loo but it was just normal no running or being desperate wouldnt bother again because they are expensive for what they do certainly wouldnt of paid for them. Didnt notice any increased wind either but then I was a bit windy anyway :D due to eating scan bran cakes and loads of eggs beans and veg day to day :D

before startin sw, and in a moment of panic that i needed to lose weight fast, i bought some acai berry. Too be honest didnt really do alot, they didnt speed up my loses, they might have made me feel fuller, although cannot be certain that was doen to the acai berry or just not hungry at the time. In fact i only lost ££'s not lbs.

But thats just my opinion.
x

found this, I havent tried them so, you can make your own mind up

AcaiPure Review

If you looking for an effective product that will allow you to lose the weight you need as well as nourish your body with the natural substances necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle, Acai Pure may be the solution. Acai Pure is different from other weight loss products because it contains the incredible acai berry, which not only assists the body in ridding itself of harmful toxins, but by doing so, increases your body’s metabolism, helping you to shed unwanted pounds quickly and more efficiently.

What Acai Pure can do for you:

» Increase metabolism and heighten energy levels

» Detoxify your digestive system

» Boost your immune system naturally

» Help to keep weight off

In addition to acai berry extract, Acai Pure contains ginger, rhubarb, fennel, and other natural ingredients that create an effective and powerful weight loss supplement.
Acai Pure is a better choice because it contains all natural ingredients. Unlike some weight loss products on the market which contain chemicals that can cause potentially harmful side effects, Acai Pure takes a natural, more holistic approach to weight loss by not only giving you the natural ingredients to stimulate your body to lose weight, but to also strengthen your body while doing so.

The Beneficial Effects of Acai Berry

• Acai berry is a natural source of fiber to keep your digestive system running smoothly, and as a result, helps rid your digestive system of harmful substances that build up over time and cause you to feel tired and listless.
  • Acai berry is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to remove free radicals in the body known to cause damage to healthy cells.
  • Acai berry is rich in Omega fatty acids which have been proven to lower bad cholesterol, leading to more healthy heart function.
  • Acai berry is known to boost metabolism and increase energy.

Hi I havent tried Acai but did give the Colon Cleanse a go before Slimming World, tbh I didnt really notice any change to my "routine" and in my opinion they are quite expensive, tbh I have had better results since been on Slimming World x

As soon as I see the words "detox" "detoxify" or "ridding the body of harmful toxins", I know that what will follow will probably be rubbish.

I recently discovered an organisation called "Sense about Science" - this is from their website:

Our bodies have their own ‘detox’ mechanisms. The gut prevents bacteria and many toxins from entering the body. When harmful chemicals do enter the body, the liver acts as an extraordinary chemical factory, usually combining them with its own chemicals to make a water soluble compound that can be excreted by the kidneys. The body thus detoxifies itself. The body is re-hydrated with ordinary tap water. It is refreshed with a good night’s sleep.
These processes do not occur more effectively as a result of taking “detox” tablets, wearing “detox” socks, having a “detox” body wrap, eating Nettle Root extract, drinking herbal infusions or “oxygenated” water, following a special “detox” diet, or using any of the other products and rituals that are promoted. They waste money and sow confusion about how our bodies, nutrition and chemistry actually work.

If you want to read more:
Sense About Science | Detox

Yep these things are a total waste of cash, advertised as if they're a magic cure!

i think i had a moment of madness thinking about getting these cause i fell off the wagon the last week lol

back on track after my weigh in today and even though i only lost 1/2 lb its better than nothing considering i never got no excercise and had a really bad eating week

but im back to normal as of today :D

i brought the Acai Berry Capsules before i started going to class. and to be honest they made me put on weight, not lose it. i did speak to the sales assistant in holland and barret. she did say some people do have a success with them, and others dont. i am going to try them out again otherwise it was a waste of £25.

Back