Acheiving your SW goal

Anna*

Is it me or does it make you more and more determined to stick to plan to prove to doubting others that you have got the willpower and you can do this? X

I've never actually had that thought on this plan. Throughout all the other diets I've tried I've always had that in the forefront of my mind..."I'll show so-n-so when I'm skinny!"...and you know what? I never did lol
This time round I'm doing it for me, and me alone. And it's working much better!

I agree! Living in a very image conscious house and being the only one overweight i get constantly criticized about what i eat/wear etc. I know they're all just tryin to care but it doesn't help me at all! Part of me wants to lose weight to prove to myself that i can do it but the other part wants to prove it to everyone else doubting me all the time! I totally know where you're coming from!! xx

Glad it's not just me! :) I've previously lost a lot of weight on SW so my family know I can do it but there are a lot of people in my life right now that werent there, You can tell someone but because I've put about 3 and a half stone back on since, it's like they think I'm exaggerating! Very frustrating grrr!! Lol I've been trying since last sept to lose weight again but I've been rubbish at it so far and the weight is piling back on. I was so unhappy at my heaviest and I'm damned if in going back to that!! Thanks for your replys :) :) xx

I'm doing it for me, no one else, I couldn't give a stuff what anyone else thinks I look like anymore, some people will think "wow look at her" no doubt, but I really don't care. Bullies made my life hell cos of my weight and stuff, at one point it would have been about proving to them, but i'd always give up when i thought that way. This time its for me, and because its for me and I need to do it, I seem to have stuck to it better, because now i'll only be letting myself down if I fail.

I believe if you want to (or have to) lose weight and become healthier then you need to do it for yourself. :)

Yeah it'll be great to swan past those doubting Thomas' looking fab in a dress size 10/12/14 whatever size but you have to think you'll get more satisfaction from being able to climb stairs without getting breathless, cross your legs, get in and out of plane seats with ease...all those things you can't do now if you have too much weight on. I know I will. ;)

That's what's going to do it for me. Like Ally89 says stuff what other people think. I'm doing this for me...and me alone! :D

Back