ADD A MEAL WEEK

SHAZA

Silver Member
Hi Everybody

I am on my first add a meal week and I am not very inspired by 2oz of chicken (not exactly my idea of a meal but thats probably why I am the size I am now :cry: )

Any recipes, ideas or general hints would be very much appreciated. Just been to asda and got plain low fat cottage cheese and celery sticks. I might have a go at blending the cottage cheese and putting black pepper in it making a dip and eating it with my chilli crisps (not exactly my favourite pringles and humous he he !!!) but it might be ok :confused:

Yesterday I shredded the chicken and put it in my marigold (quite nice bit like chinese chicken soup ):rolleyes: I like savoury spicy things so there's a challenge for you

Ps, Ann saved my life with the crisps I am loving them but not keen on the truffles (they remind me of frozen dog poo!!!) as I am not really a sweetie person. Not that keen on the mousse either bit disgusting :eek:

PPS See you all in Birmingham

ive never tryed the truffles but if you describe them as dog poo ill give them a miss ha ha, have you tryed making jelly with water flavoring anf mix a moose its much better than using a shake isnt very moosy just blobby (kinda reminds me of my belly) ha ha, and i know what you mean about the crisps they are delish, but afeter all that i have no idea abour recipes im notthere yet but would love to hear what others have to offer coz ill be there in 2weeks. cant wait

Hi shazza,

I have a good appetite myself:rolleyes: :D

Its not 2 oz portion size... but 3 oz:eek: :D :bliss:

And 2tsbsp of 'white or green' veggies cooked or uncooked.

It is just a taste really:sigh:

Love Mini xxx

can you use spicesand herbs? like the grill a sizzle herbs?

Mini - in my Cambridge book it says 50g chicken - which according to the Google calculator is 1.7636981oz.
Does your book say different to this??
Ann x

My book says 2oz chicken or 3oz white fish.
And to add insult to injury the weights are the raw weights not the cooked weights - miniscule isn't in it!:(

I am getting confused mini says 3oz of chicken but my book says 2oz. This extra oz is a big difference can someone clarify this please:confused:

yummy mummy

This add a meal is nothing to get excited about, its like tempting you with food and only having a little snack/taste. Very difficult to curb your hunger monsters as I am not satified with the little portion and want to eat more.

Its all about control and I have none yet :( So I am really struggling with add a meal and can't wait to get back to SS

You might not feel the same as me but as a very new SS I think I ought to warn you.:)

Beware of the "hungry monsters":cry:

Hi Shaza, my new supplies of the "Weight Care with Cambridge" booklet came yesterday, and say...
100g of reduced fat cottage cheese or
50g chicken or turkey breast or
80g cod, haddock or other white fish or
80g quorn or
60g soft tofu or 120g firm tofu
AND about two tablespoons of
green salad leaves e.g rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, raddiccio. little gem/romaine lettuces
celery, cucumber or red radishes
courgettes or marrow
broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage, even pickled
spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops, asparagus, fennel, celeriac
chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage
Ann xx

Hi,

It used to be 3oz of either chicken or fish but it changed last year Mini probably has one of the older books. It should be 2oz chicken/turkey, 3oz white fish.

Linda

I thought it was going to be a tiny amount of food on aam week but had massive problems eating it all every night, my tummy is not used to eating food at all. have to say, enjoyed food but am pleased to be back on ss.

Back