Advice before starting the Cambridge diet.

Hi all,

In the next month, once I've moved house and started my new job I'm going to be going onto the Cambridge Diet at Soul Source, I've been on the diet before around 3/4 years ago and found it difficult at the time as I had a partner and he would always moan and not be supportive of the diet as he didn't believe in the principles... I'm also going to start it once I've had my contraceptive implant taken out as I'm not sure wether that has been another factor (apart from me stuffing my face,) to my weight gain.

I'm about 17 st and 5"5 /6 and want to get to about 9.5 st as I was that weight when I was younger and felt very confident.

I'm not unhappy with the way my body looks, but I don't like being out of breath and feeling sluggish. I also want to lose the weight because I was a condition in my legs that means I have no cartilage between any of my bones so walking for long distances and times becomes very painful very quickly.

Anyway, I guess I just want to know if anyone has any advice or have been in similar situations, also looking to maybe get to know a few people just for some support with people who are experiencing the diet..

Thanks for having a read!

Hi beebianca i am very similar weight and height to you, im on day 10 just had 1st weigh in and lost 11.5 ibs and 9 inches. Im on ss 100% and iv decided to put my head down and concentrate on me and avoid sabotagers as i am doing this for me. I needed to food out if my life as i could not make right choices. I hope you all the best on your journey to discovering the new you x

Hi bee bianca

similar position to you too- only a bit taller and heavier. I did the diet before and did well but have struggled since then to get started again. Just completed my first week, but not telling everone that i am doing it this time- too many negative people just wanting t o rubbish it. Lost 14 lbs so thats motivating me for the next week :). Keep coming on here- everyone is a great support

I have done the same and told the least amount possible that need to know. That way I don't get any negative comments only positive comments when people comment on the weight I've lost.

Back