Advice needed

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Richy05, 9 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Richy05

Richy05 Full Member

Start Weight:
    1st1.9lb
    Current Weight:
    1st1.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st13.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(3.22%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey guy's, hows it goin?
    I just wondered if anyone had read this book (the New High Proteine Diet book by Dr Charles Clark & Maureen Clark) as I have just bought it. I am currently on Lipotrim shakes but am nearly ready to come off them and start refeeding.
    I thought the book would help when I come of my shakes, although Im not sure weather I would have to do a week or so of the diet and then go onto the maintenence diet or go straight onto maintenence. Any advise would be much appreciated.:wave_cry: ( to help, the diet is very low carb giving only 1 piece of wholemeal bread a day. No other carbs eg rice, pasta, bread.)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Richy and welcome, can't give you any advice as I was an Atkins man, but good luck and happy losing.

4. Richy05

Richy05 Full Member

Start Weight:
    1st1.9lb
    Current Weight:
    1st1.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st13.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(3.22%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks Jim, I think im going to refeed on wednesday but will prob go onto low carb in a week or so. Slightly nervous about gaining weight!!:wave_cry:

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I think you can expect to put a little on initially Richy, but that should soon go again.

6. Scamp

Scamp Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(19.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi Richy, I also did lipotrim last year and was worried about putting weight back on so I decided to just eat healthy and low in fat which worked great and I even carried on loosing the odd pound or 2 a week. But coming up to xmas the old habits crept back in and betweem Dec and end Jan we had 4 seperate weekends away and before I realised I was up a stone, so although I initially kept it off from August to Dec I realised I definately needed to follow some other method to keep me on the straight and narrow. Although I nipped back on lipotrim for a few weeks before my hols and got the stone back off I have been certainly looking into the atkins side as carbs (especially bread) do bloat me + I have been reading all Jim's wonderful threads (great job Jim) and I knew I had the book somewhere so on Monday when I came back off my hols I found my copy, but did follow the principles over my 18 day hols and have come back the same.

Sorry for the waffle but in answer I think you need to follow something but the weight can be kept off from the start.

Good luck with whatever you decided.:)

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Thanks Scamp.:) I lived for a while in Whitefield as a boy, My dad was a Lancashire Fusilier and he was stationed at Bury Barracks.

8. Scamp

Scamp Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(19.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I came to Bury looking at houses when I was expecting my daughter nearly 21 years ago, I am originally an Accy girl (Accrington) and went to college in Blackburn. My partner is from Bury and moved to Whitefield when he was in junior school (over 50 years ago.)

I have to say Jim I am very impressed with the low carb diet, as I said I was doing abit of the research before my hols along with your help and alot of it is food that I love anyway and was not allowed on a low fat diet so I am really looking forward to getting into it properly now. Before the hols I remember seeing a thread regarding low carb snack but I just can't find it now as that is the bit that would be extra handy when out and about. Sorry for chewing your ear off but with your permission Jim I would defo lke to become one of (Jim's Angels).:D

9. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Really! If it was elm road or elm street Juniors then I was there about the same time, I'm 60 so the ages are about right. I have an old school photo I can dig out and scan if the times look right.

I'll find the snack thread and post it for you love.

10. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
  11. Scamp

Scamp Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(19.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thanks for the thread Jim that will be a great help, I told my partner Nev about you coming from Whitefield but I did not ask him what school he went to but a suppose with a name like his there would not have been to many of them in school, like he says his parents didn't really do him any favours.

12. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I don't come from there scamp, you'll find out if you stay around long enough I've lived just about everywhere. LOl. My Father was a Soldier for 30 years, and I was one for 25, so I've seen a lot of the world. :D

13. Scamp

Scamp Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(19.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    That must have been really interesting and a great experience.

14. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    yes love, it was. I'd live my life all over again if I had the chance, don't think I'd change anything either, well maybe I'd not gain the weight next time around. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.