Advice pl re FLorida theme park tickets?

Sez

has started again!!
I know its best to buy b4 we go, but what is the optimum combo of tickets?

Been looking at the 14 day WDW ultimate, Kennedy Space centre & airboat ride, and either the Orlando 14 day Flex ticket or the Universal 3 park/5 day ticket (but that doesnt include Sea World). With the exchange rate as it is, is is better to buy now for 2009? One site I found g'tees its prices wont go up (& surcharge you) if bought now, also will refund if they drop. They seem pretty competitive too , with some of the others?

We are a family of 4, DH, me, DD -10 and DS - 15 (less 3 weeks!).

Really would value your advice & input!

Ta!!:thankyou:

You need Icemoose for this! Try Pm'ing him as he does not seem to be posting much although he was online a couple of hours ago

I go in November. I'm there for three weeks so am getting the Disney three weeker, plus the flexiticket that includes Sea World and Aquatica (plus the universals and w& wild). I know I've over done it, but want to be able to visit disney on day one and the last day if I choose. I'm a travel agent so get special discounts on the tickets. What I'd do is surf, surf, surf...then do reviews on the company that comes up the cheapest. We pay at the gate for Kennedy....hubby is buying a year pass because you get discounts for other guests who are with you and he's figured coz there are 8 of us it will work out cheaper.

Good luck............and you'll love it.

I'm there for three weeks so am getting the Disney three weeker, plus the flexiticket that includes Sea World and Aquatica (plus the universals and w& wild). I know I've over done it, but want to be able to visit disney on day one and the last day if I choose.

I was in Florida in May for 2 weeks and did exactly the same thing. It just gives you so much flexability and takes the pressure of having to be in certain places on certain days because your tickets are going to run out! It does cost slightly more (suprisingly not that much more!) but it is worth that little extra expense if it means you can do what you want when you want and not have to do the whole holiday with military precission!

Pretty much the plan I had in mind too! I just need to wait to see what the 2009 prices are likely to be......

The only other ticket I think we will get is the Kennedy Space centre, as DH and DS would love that one!!!

Just wonder when I will be allowed to hit the malls???????? (Bearing in mind they are def NOT shoppers!!!)

Pretty much the plan I had in mind too! I just need to wait to see what the 2009 prices are likely to be......

The only other ticket I think we will get is the Kennedy Space centre, as DH and DS would love that one!!!

Just wonder when I will be allowed to hit the malls???????? (Bearing in mind they are def NOT shoppers!!!)

LOL. My hubby is emailing Kennedy today to see if a non US resident can he get an annual pass. If he does then he's figured, even visiting once will work out cheaper coz you get discounts for others in your party, plus money off food/shops inside. Have a look on the site. Last time with Kennedy, we just paid at the gate. It worked out cheaper then pre purchasing the tickets in the UK and when you get there you will see there are LOADS of options...different tours etc. We paid for the most expensive tour the first time (close up tour), but hubby visited again and did a standard admisson tour and preferred it as you got to spend as much time as you wanted at each stop on the tour. You don't get a guide, but the coach driver has a microphone and tells you everything anyway. On the close up tour you get SLIGHTLY closer to the pads, but hubby said there is not much difference.

Have fun....You'll love it.

LOL. My hubby is emailing Kennedy today to see if a non US resident can he get an annual pass. If he does then he's figured, even visiting once will work out cheaper coz you get discounts for others in your party, plus money off food/shops inside. Have a look on the site. Last time with Kennedy, we just paid at the gate. It worked out cheaper then pre purchasing the tickets in the UK and when you get there you will see there are LOADS of options...different tours etc. We paid for the most expensive tour the first time (close up tour), but hubby visited again and did a standard admisson tour and preferred it as you got to spend as much time as you wanted at each stop on the tour. You don't get a guide, but the coach driver has a microphone and tells you everything anyway. On the close up tour you get SLIGHTLY closer to the pads, but hubby said there is not much difference.

Have fun....You'll love it.

sounds very interesting! Would you let me know what the outcome is pl? Anything that can save a few pennies.....LOL!!! (beginning to wonder if this holiday is good idea, with everything going up....)

I've not been for a couple of years, but on both occasions we have purchased the tickets at competitive prices once we were in Florida, without problems.

Beware of the airline staff selling them on the actual plane, we noticed that the price they offered wasn't as good as the one we got when we were actually there.

(I enjoyed Bush Gardens and Sea World the best)

Thanks SC!! Didnt know about airline staff, will watch out for that little trick!!!

Back