Advice please on night out

I've stuck to ss 100% for the last 4 weeks. Haven't been even the slightest bit tempted to cheat and am really in the right frame of mind.

However, I've got a night out coming up on Saturday. There's a few of us going and we were going out for a curry and drinks.

None of the people I'm going out with know that I'm on this diet and I don't particularly want them to know either.

Is it best just to have my 3 Cambridge products as normal and then the curry and drinks as extra, or just 2 products and then not have my last shake as I'll be eating anyway on the evening?

Also I know drinking alcohol can be quite dangerous when you're in ketosis. Would this be a problem if I've just eaten a curry before hand? Any tips on what alcoholic drinks and the best to drink on this diet?

Really looking forward to my first night out since I started the diet and for once, I feel confident about how I look, rather than always thinking I don't want to go out because I'm too fat. But at the same time, I'm just not bothered about food at all at the moment and am kind of worried that it's going to mess with my diet!

i would personally stay away from the drink even if you do have the curry beforehand. i doubt it would be enough to bring you out of ketosis immediately for the alcohol to not have an effect on you. it can be very dangerous to drink when in ketosis and after not having a normal amount of calories for such a long space of time might make you feel very ill. I would just tell your friends that you are taking antibiotics for something and that you cannot drink, have the curry but not the drink. also, if you want u can have chicken tikka dry or tandoori chicken which is also dry to try and help you stay in ketosis rather than opting for something creamy. saying that if you want a treat after sticking to SS for 4 weeks then go for it! x

lol Not sure about the ketosis (but I've chosen not to drink at all on CD at all).

But with the curry - why don't you have a (dry) chicken tikka - I had this the other night - I had it without onions (and had extra mushrooms, i was unsure - but it worked well! lol), and lots of salad!! I'm doing SS+ so my meal fitted in with what you are allowed to eat on this step anyway.

Personally, I'd be more worried about the alcohol - if you are worried about the food and drink, can't you just a little fib and say you are on antibiotics (make some random ailment up!) so you can't drink?! Just a thought...! lol

Whatever you decide, hope you have a lovely night out!!

Lx

If you are to drink stick to clear spirits and white wines.....they have no or very little calories in x

When ive gone out ive taken myself out of ketosis the night before just to be sure.

I had a shake in the morning and carby meal before i went (i wasnt going for food!)

Make sure you have something substantial in you but not calorie overload and take you time on the drinks cos you'll find you get drunk a lot quicker!

Listen to me sounding like mother theresa... i ended up eating rubbish for 4 days afterwards lol but i was good until the next day!!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I had wanted to do the first 12 weeks without going off track but it's something that can't be helped really. You've got to have a life too haven't you. I'll just need to make sure I get back on track straight away

DreamingToBeThin said:
Thanks everyone for the advice. I had wanted to do the first 12 weeks without going off track but it's something that can't be helped really. You've got to have a life too haven't you. I'll just need to make sure I get back on track straight away

Your human. Nuff said! x

yes definitely! it is hard to stick to it 100% when you've got things on. i used to go out for food once a week b4 i started CD, its only now i'm coming closer to my hols i'm realising how much of a hermit the diet has made me! starting to worry about how i'll behave when i do start eating and drinking normally again, got visions of me acting like a caveman and not remembering how to hold a knife and fork!!

Yes, I haven't been out at all in the 4 weeks that I've been on the diet but I can't avoid social situations forever, and this one is a very special one as the friends I'm going out with live on the other side of the world so don't know when I'll see them again. One evening can't really do too much harm can it? As long as I get straight back on the diet the next day

Yes, I haven't been out at all in the 4 weeks that I've been on the diet but I can't avoid social situations forever, and this one is a very special one as the friends I'm going out with live on the other side of the world so don't know when I'll see them again. One evening can't really do too much harm can it? As long as I get straight back on the diet the next day

yes course, u cant let the diet rule you, enjoy your night out and just restart the next day. i actually had a little cheat meal around 5 weeks into my diet to keep me sane, it was a teaplate of chinese food but i had it and got back on the diet the next day. i still managed to lose 2lbs the following week as i stuck to SS rigidly so u can allow for certain nights off as long as you've got the discipline to get back on it!

Back