1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Advice please Re: curry in a restaurant

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Ali butcher, 18 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Ali butcher

Ali butcher Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I am going out for a 50th birthday meal this evening at an Indian restaurant and was wondering if any one can let me know which ones are best to avoid and ones which I can enjoy without using too many syns?

Cheers
    Ali x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. abisaurus

abisaurus Well-Known Member

Chicken dansak is the best to have (61/2) , your creamy curries like korma, passanda and chicken tikka massala (14) are going to be higher

Naan breads are 20 syns where poppadoms are 4 each.

Dont forget to syn any dips/chutney

Bhajis are 8 and samosas are pretty high too. Your meat and salad starters will be much lower.

you can have plain boiled rice as free, pilau is 2 1/2 syns I think

4. Ali butcher

Ali butcher Well-Known Member

Hiya cheers for info.... I ended up having chicken wrapped in spinach with portion of I think was pilau rice not as bigger portion you would usually have mind you with some vegetables. There was a small amount of tomato based curry sauce too. A quarter /small piece of cheese naan and half a popadum. For starter had prawn cocktail so would need to syn sauce. I did have a few vodka and diet cokes. All in all didn't really over indulge as I would normally do:) x

5. LHutch90

LHutch90 Well-Known Member

A chicken jalfrezi is a nice curry to have if you like curries a little hotter, not bad for 8.5 syns either, i always have with boiled rice when out at a restaraunt, find it hard to resist onion bhajis though! x

6. lizzie_g

lizzie_g Well-Known Member

Does anybody know how many syns are in a saag?

I'm going for a curry on Sunday and I'm dreading it a little as I love curry, especially the pickle tray and popodums, I feel like I could eat a hundred! Oooh and a peshwari naan, yum! A guess a peshwari will have a lot of syns, boo! This is the first time Ill be having a restaurant curry since getting back on sw so I'm worried, I really want to be strong but it's going to be hard :-( if anybody has any survival tips I would be grateful to hear them!

Thanks all xx

7. BlodynAur

BlodynAur Well-Known Member

I'm having curry tonight and was looking up syns. Just wondering, what's a 'portion' of curry? Thanks!