advice please

Janice h

I attended slimming world until 4 weeks ago.I only had 3 pounds to go to get to Target.however stopped going to group due to personal problems.I have put on 6 lb and old habits r creeping back in.I've tried doing slimming world from home,but I have no will power.I feel I need the group weigh in.I'm too embarressed to go back to the group I was attending.I didn't feel the consultant was that great she didn't contact me when I stopped attending.I only have 9 lb to lose now but cant seem to do it alone.thanks x

if i were you i would go back to class, even if its only to get weighed. if you cant do it alone then go to class- its only 9lb you need to loose- you could get that off im 1-2 months then you only need to pop into class now and again to make sure you are on the right track:)

Why should you be embarrassed? I imagine a SW consultant deals with members who leave and come back all the time. I've read lots of threads here where people have re-joined several times and usually after regaining some, all, or even more of the weight they lost in the first place. They should be understanding and supportive towards you and at least you've quickly realised you need that support and commitment to help you along.

None the less, I do understand why you feel disappointed that the consultant didn't make contact when you left. I agree she could have dropped you a line to say, "well done on all the weight you've lost, so sorry not to have seen you at group, but if you need me in the future I'm always here" or something to that effect. I can only assume she thinks because you're so close to target you've just decided to leave and she hasn't pursued it.

Maybe you could do a search and see if there's another group you could join that's not too far away? But if there isn't I would go back with your head held high, you've done nothing wrong.

Good luck whatever you decide :)

Thank you for your kind words.just feel embarressed as was so close to target and blew it.how do u stay motivated doing it from home x

It's sheer willpower. You have to be quite strict with yourself and keep reminding yourself how much you want this. I have always been a yo-yo dieter. Lost weight then fell back into bad habits and put it all back on.

Now I've got my head around the SW principal I think it's something I could adopt forever if I wanted to and it's the first diet I've ever felt this way about. But life does get in the way sometimes as well. My daughter has just come back home after a break up and my father in law has just passed away, so life has been stressful over the past few weeks and I've not had the time or inclination to be on plan. I know a few pounds have gone on as I've eaten so much rubbish, but in the back of my head it's still there that I have to get back on plan, which I hope to do next week.

So I guess the answer is you have to keep listening to that little voice in your head, don't ignore it!! :)

Really don't be embarrassed about going back - I'm one of the serial rejoiners mentioned above - my consultant knows me very well after years of joining, doing ok, having a wobble, stopping going, coming back with half of it back on, doing ok, having a wobble... etc etc! And she couldn't be more welcoming each time I go bacl. Although this year has been the first year I've really stuck at it, kept on going to group even when I don't fancy it, and I'm reaping the rewards as the weight is slowly and steadily coming off despite my wobbles (as we all have them!) and staying off :) So my recommendation to you is to go back and don't let the fear of embarrassment stop you. Oh, and maybe just mention to your consultant that you'd be happy to hear from her if you aren't able to attend class for a week or two as it would help your motivation? x

Hello, my first post on here even though I've been a reader for a long time! I just wanted to say I've been rejoined 5 times in 3 years lol each time my consultant has been very welcoming and supportive. I nearly talked myself out of it this time but I wanted to be slim more than I was worried about being embarrassed. You aren't the first and won't be the last. Get yourself to group you won't regret it xxxx

Find a new class babe! Go back ASAP before its 19lb and then u will end up like me and starting all over again :-(. Look at the positives. Well done u for getting that close to target xx

SW = 16st 2.5lb.
W1 =

Back