Advice regarding diet & lifestyle...

MissJx

Hey guys,

today is day 7 for me and I have lost 13lbs so far EEEK!! That is so cool. I am enjoying it my skin is fab I feel fab however.

I am thinking about stopping the diet for a little bit :( I would just like some advice from other people so that I don't end up regretting the decision!

I am gutted to do it because being slim by June ish is such an exciting prospect however at the end of the month I am relocating 200+ miles away from home. Thus leaving my family, friends and colleagues. A lot of my friends want to go out for some food and stuff (I am not a big drinker really anyway.) And I feel really bad having to say "Nope cos' I am doing a diet" Yes they would understand and stuff but I am probs going to see these guys once a year from now on and at work I am having a leaving party and a few people want to go out for meals and stuff too.

Then when I move I need to make new friends and be as social as possible, going to the gym, zumba, bokwa ect ect I need to get out there to start a life for myself and fit in to my new job (where ever I have started a few pub lunches have happened.)

I have considered this a lot and think that I am making the right decision to stop for a little while whilst all the changes happen and I settle in and then continue after that when people won't foresee me as being "boring" they will understand I just don't want to be fat :confused:

I considered continuing the diet and making healthy protein rich choices when going out for food ie chicken salads no dressing ect but I don't see the point in paying for this diet and cheating on it thus making it harder for me in the long run.

Most of me does not want to stop but I am starting to think for the time being it may be a sensible choice.

Anyone offer some advice or share how you deal with things like this if you have been in a similar situation?

I am NOT going to come off this and start eating like a fatty again I am really determined to keep losing and then start again when I am settled.

Help please :(xx

Hey guys,

today is day 7 for me and I have lost 13lbs so far EEEK!! That is so cool. I am enjoying it my skin is fab I feel fab however.

I am thinking about stopping the diet for a little bit :( I would just like some advice from other people so that I don't end up regretting the decision!

I am gutted to do it because being slim by June ish is such an exciting prospect however at the end of the month I am relocating 200+ miles away from home. Thus leaving my family, friends and colleagues. A lot of my friends want to go out for some food and stuff (I am not a big drinker really anyway.) And I feel really bad having to say "Nope cos' I am doing a diet" Yes they would understand and stuff but I am probs going to see these guys once a year from now on and at work I am having a leaving party and a few people want to go out for meals and stuff too.

Then when I move I need to make new friends and be as social as possible, going to the gym, zumba, bokwa ect ect I need to get out there to start a life for myself and fit in to my new job (where ever I have started a few pub lunches have happened.)

I have considered this a lot and think that I am making the right decision to stop for a little while whilst all the changes happen and I settle in and then continue after that when people won't foresee me as being "boring" they will understand I just don't want to be fat :confused:

I considered continuing the diet and making healthy protein rich choices when going out for food ie chicken salads no dressing ect but I don't see the point in paying for this diet and cheating on it thus making it harder for me in the long run.

Most of me does not want to stop but I am starting to think for the time being it may be a sensible choice.

Anyone offer some advice or share how you deal with things like this if you have been in a similar situation?

I am NOT going to come off this and start eating like a fatty again I am really determined to keep losing and then start again when I am settled.

Help please :(xx

I don't know how it all works, but how about continuing as much as you can, but allowing those meals in where they happen? I know there would be the issue of kicking yourself out of ketosis, but if you say had two products then went out for a meal- surely it would mean you are having a lower calorie diet than If you didn't - use Cambridge as a tool in between those nice meals? As it wouldn't be an everyday thing eating out so maybe make use of cambridge as and when possible?

Just my thoughts, It's definitely a hard one, and fair play to you for making such a significant and brave choice to move away, I can't imagine it's easy xx

thanks for your reply hun i am really grateful! chatted it over with my consultant tonight and she has agreed it is a difficult time of life but has said the odd glass of diet pepsi wont ruin the diet and has gone over foods that are acceptable to eat (in moderation) for the occasions I go out for these meals.

I feel so much better now I have had a talk about it and found out it isnt going to be the prison sentence i had originally thought!

Hooray :D xx

(the diet pepsi is a cheat I know but it makes going to the pub for my leaving meals a little less stressful and the meals and items I can order are all made up of items that are listed in the book so it is still good effort! lol)

Could you do step 2 as you have a meal with it?

I just started on step 2 as I spend a lot of time away from home, living in hotels, taking customers out to dinner or eating out with colleagues, so it suited me better.
Although only day 4 so not sure I will see the wight losses you have seen, probably not, but I also didn't want to totally give up proper food!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back