advice

hopea2

Hey, i am new to the site. I am wanting to loose wieght, as you might of guessed. I have been looking into doing the Cambridge diet plan, but i am concerned there is some sort of secret side effect because the results seem to be amazing, almost too good to believe. My problem is when you read things on websites, you struggle to decided whether it is just trying to sell a product, so i thought i would ask real people who can help me who have done, are doing or know people who are doing this diet plan. I just want to know is it really as great as it sounds? is it really hard? (I know i need to put a lot of effort into sticking) What side effects have you personally had? Any other help and advice you can give would be great! Thanks a lot in advance :D

Hello.

Yes - look at the WI section and peoples signatures to see the results! It really is amazing!

It's not easy. You do need to be 100% committed. The diet works as you are in ketosis. Therefore you cannot stick to the plan mon-fri and cheat at the weekend and still expect to lose.

However if you are committed, still to it 100%, the weight will fall off!

The hardest bits I've found are finding excuses not to eat (in the presence of work colleagues etc) as everyone seems to have a negative opinion on the diet.

The other hardest element is finding out how you will change your relationship with food. If you are overweight - there will be a reason and until you have retaught yourself how to live with food - your journey won't be complete and you'll be back on the diet after awhile. Often people say this is because Cambridge hasn't worked. But actually its what you've eaten after Cambridge that is not sustainable.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Well its true for me. I would recommend it to anyone who is really prepared to give it a go, do it 100% and stick with it. Otherwise it can turn into an expensive exercise in not losing weight. The thing with it is if you stick to it it works, but if you don't it doesn't. And too many people blame the diet and say it doesn't work when in fact its them not doing it that doesn't work. The first couple of weeks can be tough but it is so worth it.

Like JLK says some people put the weight on afterwards - but thats not the diet not working its them not eating sensibly..harsh but true. I'm sure I read somewhere that 80% of all dieters put on weight afterwards not just CDers.

I have had no real side effects - bit headachey first week and my periods went awry month 3 but other than that its been plain sailing...and worth every minute of it ;-)

I am day 5 and agree with what everyone has said I did this 5 years ago with amazing results why am I back I here u say because I didn't change me eating habits and went back to being greedy etc and has been the same with WW and SW so it isn't because it's the Cambridge it's any diet....but now I have come to the conclusion I have to change and follow maintenance also u have to do it 100% or it won't work and with what o was spending on junk and food during the week I am actually spending no more!!! I personally think go for it and will tell everyone the same but only if your prepared 100% sorry to drone on but that is imperative with this plan
Luv Sharon xxx

I agree - it definately works, but you have to put the work in. I've lost weight using Cambridge a couple of times and put a bit back on each time (though not all). therealbbe is right about needing to follow through to maintenance and get your lifestyle right afterwords - that for me is real hard part.

Nelliduff said:
I agree - it definately works, but you have to put the work in. I've lost weight using Cambridge a couple of times and put a bit back on each time (though not all). therealbbe is right about needing to follow through to maintenance and get your lifestyle right afterwords - that for me is real hard part.

Me toooooo hence why I back!!! Luckily I didn't put it all back on either but half of it won't do it again sometimes it just has to click and I think it has for me xxx

Back