Advise Please :(

Jael said:
As a veggie, I've never expected someone to cater to me specifically. Usually, I'll just have the spuds and veg. But if someone expected me to eat meat, it would be as bad for me as if someone tried to serve you up the weird challenge food they give out on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!

I think i would generally try & give you something other than potato & veg, but i get your drift :) plus i'd never expect you to eat meat! That WOULD be rude!

I honestly think that you have two choices:
- Tell her what you chose to eat and offer to help prepare a meal
- Don't tell and eat what she makes.

Your call. Only you know the person, I tend to veer towards 1 and have always found people more than willing to cater for my needs, just as they would if I had an allergy. I don't really care if some people find it rude, I would rarely eat whatever and it's MY choice to put food into my mouth, if someone wants to feed me I'll help them make my food or I won't eat. :shrug:

I think the thing is, there are ways of explaining why you are doing sw and why its important to you to follow the diet WITHOUT it coming across as rude.

Most people, would want to accomodate their guests because by not doing your saying "your friendship / relationship is not important to me" in which case, why would you want to eat their???

You're not rude, I do understand your concerns. How long have you been going out with the bf? Considering she hasn't asked about any special dietary requirements (imagine if you were celiac or vegan!), she is assuming you can eat whatever she dishes out, and you have so far managed really well with your days, planning the syns and such. It's a case of micro-managing the situation, maybe dropping an occasional hint about syns or meetings if you go to them; after all, you are a product of what SW has done, shout it out loud and be proud! Be positive about it and get her curious then pull her in! Before you know it, she'll be serving SW chips. ;)

kingleds said:
He he! You're welcome anytime as long as you eat whats put in front of you & don't complain! x

I'm not coming cos
A) no invite lol
B) you might give me beans and egg on the same plate ( but with toast)
C) you might give me pineapple then I would die! No allergic just extremely adverse!

Trying to think, my mate invited me round and asked if there's anything I won't eat, my answer was celery and pineapple, which would be a weird meal!
If BF mum had asked you could have said, fat, oil, cream, cheese, bread, flour, or lied and said you were Coeliac, lactose intolerant and on a low fat diet!

Seriously though do you want her discussing this with the family? You know what families are like, she tells DIL that you asked for this (in a nice way) but DIL takes offence and whines to BFs brother, brother thinks you're out if order and tells uncle Jack, uncle Jack can't see the problem and annoys BFs brother, brother takes it to Gma, who agrees that during the war they were glad of it etc etc, before you know it the wedding breakfast will need United Nations to keep the peace!

Shirleen said:
I'm not coming cos
A) no invite lol
C) you might give me pineapple then I would die! No allergic just extremely adverse!

:5588:

Hope iv got the right smiley!

I think you should just tell her your on a diet, so if there is something you can't eat please don't be offended. That way she might stop n think about what you can have!

In relation to the whole rude thing, if it's family it doesn't count! And oh's parent count as family!
Not saying you should be rude to family, I mean what may be rude to do to/with friends isn't rude with family in some situations. I wouldn't think twice about telling oh's parents what I can and can't have, but if a friend offered to cook food for me I'd shut up n let them feed me!!

I live with my boyfriend a lot and when she cooks for me stuff full of syns ill say I'm ok ill make my.own cos it has too many syns, is rather her find me a little rude than have constant gains of weight for being polite and eating it :/

Shirleen said:
I'm not coming cos
A) no invite lol

Trying to think, my mate invited me round and asked if there's anything I won't eat, my answer was celery and pineapple, which would be a weird meal!
If BF mum had asked you could have said, fat, oil, cream, cheese, bread, flour, or lied and said you were Coeliac, lactose intolerant and on a low fat diet!

Seriously though do you want her discussing this with the family? You know what families are like, she tells DIL that you asked for this (in a nice way) but DIL takes offence and whines to BFs brother, brother thinks you're out if order and tells uncle Jack, uncle Jack can't see the problem and annoys BFs brother, brother takes it to Gma, who agrees that during the war they were glad of it etc etc, before you know it the wedding breakfast will need United Nations to keep the peace!

Oh my how I laughed just reading this post. It's so true when families get involved x

Back