Alassin Sane's New Start

Alassin_Sane

Hi everyone,

As I'm starting again with my weight loss attempts, I thought I would give the diary thing a go. :) This first post is my introduction.

My name is Amy, I'm 27 and live in NE England. I'm recently divorced (my decision). I work full time and am also doing a degree via distance learning.

My plan of choice is straightforward calorie counting using MFP, and I do around 2.5 hours of dance class each week (ballet, tap and modern). I used to do a lot more exercise as well, but lost a massive amount of fitness following two operations to remove an abscess from my spine, the second of which left me with some painful nerve damage. I'm also only 4' 10", so show every extra pound!

I won't be posting food diaries on here, but they will be on MFP. This is more about the thought process involved. My user name on there is alassin_sane if you'd like at add me.

I'm a bridesmaid in about 5 weeks, which is a mini target date for me. I did day 1 of 30DS today, at level 1, and feel like I've been hit by a truck!!

I hope it will get easier with time... O.O

Last edited:
OMG...I didn't think I was going to be able to do 30DS day 2 today, but I made it. I'll be skipping it tomorrow as I have dance classes on the night time.

I really hope this makes a difference by the wedding. I so badly want to look nice for my sister. The last this I want is to embarrass her when she looks back at the photos...

I've booked an appointment at the doctors to see if there is any treatment they can give me for my PCOS too. I have heard about a cream that can be prescribed to help inhibit excess hair growth, which would be amazing. Fingers crossed they can help...

Hi Amy, Well done on all the dancing and hope the pain is much better too.
I'm sure that your sister will be happy to have you at her wedding whatever the situation is at the time but you are doing so well you'll look gorgeous.
Hope the cream helps with your other problem..what a nuisance that must be.
Take care and all the best to you... :)

Hi Amy, Well done on all the dancing and hope the pain is much better too.
I'm sure that your sister will be happy to have you at her wedding whatever the situation is at the time but you are doing so well you'll look gorgeous.
Hope the cream helps with your other problem..what a nuisance that must be.
Take care and all the best to you... :)

Hi Emmaline,

Thank you for your support with this, it means a lot. :)

I was hoping to lose 3lbs over the next month...I got weighed yesterday and lost 3lbs! :) Anything over that in the coming weeks is a bonus.

I also got my OU assignment results back - 84%, more than double the pass mark! I'm definitely happy with that.

Honestly though, the weekend hasn't gone well. I got home from work on Friday and the smoke alarm in the empty house next door was going off (it's a semi, the attached house). The fire brigade checked it out and said everything looked fine, but the alarm has been going off constantly since.

It's given me an awful migraine, and stopped me sleeping even with earplugs. I'm exhausted and don't know if I'm coming or going... :-(

Okay, so the alarm has finally stopped!!! I still have a migraine but I think it is starting to ease off a bit at least. I should be okay once I've had some sleep.

I made it to my GP appointment this morning too. Although PCOS was diagnosed years ago via a scan, apparently it needs a blood test before I can have any NHS treatment. I have the blood test booked in, so I just have to hope it shows up whatever I need it to.

To be honest, I can't see how it could not, if it shows up negative then I need to know what is causing my symptoms as there is clearly SOMETHING wrong with me... :-/

Ah well, fingers crossed I guess!

Hello Amy,

congrats on the 3lb loss - that is fab!

Not got personal experience of PCOS but have a few friends with it and the sooner you get it diagnosed and start getting whatever treatment available the better! Good luck getting it all sorted.

Hello Amy,

congrats on the 3lb loss - that is fab!

Not got personal experience of PCOS but have a few friends with it and the sooner you get it diagnosed and start getting whatever treatment available the better! Good luck getting it all sorted.

Hi Lady_Amalthea,

Thank you very much! I was definitely happy with that for a first week back on plan. :)

I had thought that the scan was the official diagnosis, so I was surprised that I needed blood tests. A bit freaked out, I am not a fan of needles!

It sounds mad, but I hope it comes back positive...I know there is something wrong, I have PCOS symptoms (including the visible ones) and it had been confirmed that there are cysts present. I suppose I'm a bit surprised that they weren't enough for treatment already.

Do hope that headache clears up soon.. migraines are awful!
Well done on the loss and a very big well done on your assignment mark.

Thank you. :)

Fingers crossed, I'm actually feeling almost back to normal. Still a bit headachy, but not even close to a proper migraine. I'm hopefully back at work in the morning! :-D

Tried my bridesmaid dress on today, and I think it's really flattering. I did feel pretty in it. I think my sister was happy with it too, which is the main thing since she is the bride, haha.

I would like to tone my arms a bit before then, but I'm aware they need a lot of work so I may have to just do my best and go with it!

Feeling a little bit bizarre today...I have a 'gnawing' feeling in my stomach but I'm not actually hungry. :-/ hopefully it will be gone by the morning.

There is definitely something going on with me, and I genuinely think its to do with my hormones...I keep having random hot flushes, which is not too fun. :-(

I'm finding calorie counting easier now that I've started using my heart rate monitor. It means I feel more confident eating back my exercise calories, as I feel less likely to over estimate how much I have burned! I will see when I get weighed if it is working for me. :)

I am so bad for eating back my exercise calories - I hardly ever do it because I'm too scared to! Good luck for your weigh in!x

Back