alcoholic drinks

Well done, me too. I'm on the dry for January as I LOVE wine and I know when I drink wine I crave carbs and rubbish the next day. So right now I'm using my Syns for tasty dressings and chocolates rather than booze.

I'v really got into peppermint tea with a squeeze of lemon- i work a lot of weekends- so have said the only nights I can drink are fri or sat nights, if I'm working on either of them nights I don't swap it to a different day I just have my syns for a little treat.
I havn't had a glass of wine since starting back on the plan, as can't just have one- now drink gin with slim line tonic with lime.

Does anyone know how many syns a normal, pub measure gin and tonic has? I've got a hen do lasting all weekend and wine would normally be my tipple of choice, but far too many syns so need to find an alternative!!

I've only had 1 and a half glasses of wine all week - really good for me as I would normally polish off a bottle a night! I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would either - managing to suppress my craving with a handful of grapes at the moment :D

Oh dear I had a Kopparberg last night at 12 syns a pop had 2 of them as well. I think we'll call last night a flexi syn night LOL x

I've only had 1 and a half glasses of wine all week - really good for me as I would normally polish off a bottle a night! I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would either - managing to suppress my craving with a handful of grapes at the moment :D

Haha maybe the grapes will ferment in your tummy!x

Hi All,

Forgive me for questioning, but with shorts, but if vodka is 2.5 syns for 25ml, it would be 5 syns for 50ml surely 35ml would be 3.5 syns and not 4.

My calculations are 1 syn for every 10ml. Is this correct workings?? I need to know before tonight because I am trying to avoid wine this weekend

Thanks in Advance,

Hi All,

Forgive me for questioning, but with shorts, but if vodka is 2.5 syns for 25ml, it would be 5 syns for 50ml surely 35ml would be 3.5 syns and not 4.

My calculations are 1 syn for every 10ml. Is this correct workings?? I need to know before tonight because I am trying to avoid wine this weekend

Thanks in Advance,

On checking the website 35ml of Vodka is indeed 4 syns x

Thanks for this,

Just don't understand the logic as 50ml (a double) = 5syns (2 x 2.5 syns).

Oh well just goes to prove logic isn't everything and at the end of the day rules are rules so if the website says 4 syns then 4 syns it is!!!!

I always just count 5 syns for a double anything less isnt worth drinking ;) hahah

Hi Ladies i have had 3 weeks out on the run so have been searching the internet for a low syn drink, disaranno & coke being my fave drink this was far too high so had to certainly look for somethin else if i wanted to lose weight! The main one that kept coming up was vodka & diet coke but when i looked in my book i noticed that Taboo is only 1.5 syns for 25ml & 2.0 syns for 35ml!!! Its really nice with diet lemonade so that is now my drink of choice ;)

I went out on Friday and ended up on my old favourite - snakebite D: I was really worried about how high the syns would be and I was right = 11 syns per pint. Luckily I only had 4 but glad I checked it after so that I can reduce my syns for the rest of the week

I'm a vodka soda girl but I do stray to G and Ts. Im not sure what the syn value is, does anyone know for tonic water? For some reason they don't sell slimline tonic here.

Amaretto is 3 syns per measure I have it with diet coke :D May try Taboo next time Im out :D Lambrini light is 12 syns for whole bottle which is what I have on a night in at weekends. Its sweeter than the normal stuff lol x

I like Pimms but it is quite high - the SW pimms with Balsamic vinegar is my next go - it isnt alcoholic but it is supposed to taste like the real thing

Thank you to the people that pointed out that extra dry martini was 2.5 syns for 50ml! I normally drink wine but like many on this thread can't stop at a glass or two and end up polishing off a bottle! Then crave crap. I didn't know if I'd like martini as I'd never had it. I was going to get vodka to have but saw about the martini and then saw that Asda own is £5.80 for a litre - cheaper on lbs and £s than wine!

So, I had my first try tonight and liked it. Very refreshing - I had it with diet lemonade. It didn't quite hit the spot though, something was missing. This time I sliced up a strawberry and added it...WOW!!! YUMMY!

I'm really struggling for a drink that is (a) low in syns (b) actually tastes nice and (c) doesn't have diet coke with it as I'm currently using a teeth whitening kit from my dentist and don't want to ruin the effects! Why can't pubs sell diet lemonade!

Back