aldi

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Oh my god!!!!! i cant believe how much iv just brought for £20, its brilliant. If you haven't been or dont do you shopping there then you should.

Its great isn't it when I lived in Leicester I shopped there every week and for around fifty quid got groceries for me, hubby, son, two dogs and three cats. Unfortunately there's not one nearby now :(

i was just shocked that a shop that usually cost me about £40 was only £20. The fruit and veggie selection is good too. Got some mushy peas there so im not sure what they will be like but i suppose its all the same stuff just in different packaging.

ok great thanks. i'll be going there every week now for fruit, veg and tinned stuff.

Aldi is great but don't bother with their frozen pork chops, they are REALLY fatty :-(. Ended up giving ours to the dog!

just glad iv found it now, the gherkins are gorgeous but i love them anyway!!

I actually mentioned this in another thread, but in my town I have an abundance of supermarkets. I have an Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Tesco Extra, Eurospar and until recently, a SuperQuinn also.
Last week I decided that I was spending way too much in Tesco, and decided to compare to Aldi. And came up with the idea that I'm much better off with Tesco.
For example... a simple leek, which costs 89cent in Tesco, costs 1.79euro in Aldi. That's a huge difference.

are the costs alot different in ireland then? a got leeks from aldi last night for 69p but in tesco it was £1.25.

:p I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you all.

I shopped at Aldi for the first time 2 weeks ago and came away thinking "WOW!! That was cheap!!". Decided I was going to do all my shopping at Aldi. Then with the receipt I went onto the Tesco site and 'pretended' to fill a basket with the items I had bought in Aldi. Looked at the cheapest in Tesco. The total price was pretty much identical. The odd thing was cheaper in Aldi, but then the odd thing was cheaper in Tesco.

I think the problem with Tesco (or other supermarkets) is the choice. I wrote my list for Tesco this week and used the online site to check prices. I wrote down the price of everything on my shopping list and where I would usually spend £40-£60 on a shop, I spent £23. It's about being disciplined and not looking at all the extras that are there. xx

I used to shop in just Asda or Tesco. A few months ago I started doing the bulk of my shopping in Aldi, then topping up in either Asda or Tesco (usually alternate them). A week's shopping for hubby, myself, 3 adult kids, 7 yr old, dog & 3 cats comes to around £100 a week, whereas it used to be about £120 before.

:p I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you all.

i think the point of aldi is not to do all your shopping there because they dont do somethings there. Go to aldi and buy the stuff thats cheaper than tesco, asda etc like fruit, veg and tinned stuff then buy the extra little things elsewhere. Last night i got my veggies and tinned stuff but then went to tesco to get light mayo, creamed sweetcorn and the mullerlights that were on offer. It was so much cheaper than if id got it all from tesco.

i think the point of aldi is not to do all your shopping there because they dont do somethings there. Go to aldi and buy the stuff thats cheaper than tesco, asda etc like fruit, veg and tinned stuff then buy the extra little things elsewhere. Last night i got my veggies and tinned stuff but then went to tesco to get light mayo, creamed sweetcorn and the mullerlights that were on offer. It was so much cheaper than if id got it all from tesco.

Sorry to go off topic, but you managed to get creamed sweetcorn in Tesco?!?! :eek: :eek: I have been looking for years in the various Tesco stores I shop in and never been able to find it. The only place near me that does it is Morrisons :(

any low/free syn tips for Aldi?

Back