Alli Diet Pills with SW

Maggie_Sak

Silver Member
Has anybody tried taking Alli diet pills with Slimming World and have they made any difference at all to your weight loss journey?

I think most people find they do not make a difference as SW is a low fat diet anyway. I have heard people say they like taking them because it helps keep them on the straight and narrow - side effects too nasty to think about - but not that they have improved losses.

slimming world is a healthy eating plan for life, its supposed to re-educate eating habits, it does mean it may take longer to lose weight, but the whole point is there are no short cuts. so my advice would be to trust in the plan and be patient.

dont do it!! thats the best advice i can give you... the bright orange oil that always finds a way to get out (if you know what i mean) is vile and embarrassing and is not worth it.... SW is by far the best diet i have tried and is very low fat anyway, hope that helps :) x

I tried xenical (double the strength of Alli) when I was doing WW and it didn't make any difference as was not eating much fat.

So save your money.

Irene xx

Agree with comments already made. It's a low fat plan anyway to help re-educate your eating habits and with the really bad side effects I've heard of I wouldn't recommend it unless u have a toilet within 2ft at all times!!

I've just stopped taking them after 3 months while doing SW and they've not made any difference, although I did only gain half a lb while on a 2 week holiday and I think they may ave helped as I was scared to eat any 'bad' foods after having fish and chips on the beach on night... side effects are awful and I paid for it the next day....:eek: :ashamed0005::8855:

I was looking into getting Alli before i started slimming world. Decided against it though as daily fat content with slimming world is so low i didn't think it would make any difference. Also read a few reviews and not many good ones, Baaaddd side effects ( of the embarracing poop variety) and no real difference in weight loss. Supposidly 8lb a year or something like that. Id just trust slimming world 100% and like tallsarah said, this plan is for life :)xx

Took them for a while before doing SW and the orange oil everyone is mentioning is quite literally explosive and out of your control. Without wishing to gross people out, imagine if you will, teaching a class of teenage boys and then suddenly feeling the gush of greasy oil bursting through the back of your trousers. SO mortifying. Luckily I was wearing black, luckily the seat was washable, luckily I was able to keep my back to the wall until the end of the lesson. Ghastly stuff and I was eating a pretty low fat diet at the time! Had no effect on my weight loss and totally not worth it!

Took them for a while before doing SW and the orange oil everyone is mentioning is quite literally explosive and out of your control. Without wishing to gross people out, imagine if you will, teaching a class of teenage boys and then suddenly feeling the gush of greasy oil bursting through the back of your trousers. SO mortifying. Luckily I was wearing black, luckily the seat was washable, luckily I was able to keep my back to the wall until the end of the lesson. Ghastly stuff and I was eating a pretty low fat diet at the time! Had no effect on my weight loss and totally not worth it!

OMG:eek::eek: poor you hun. I know I am not gonna touch that stuff then. I am so sorry you had to go through that but thanks for sharing. And as I have a problem with using public toilets well, that's definitely not for me. And as everyone has said Slimming World is Low fat already so really using pills probably won't make a difference. I just have to be patient and take each loss no matter how small with a huge smile. Besides I am smaller than I was 3 months ago so even though the weightloss is very slow, at least it's a loss.

Thank you everyone for the good advice.

I too have had the orange oil experience many years ago, awful, awful, awful!

Maggie_Sak said:
OMG:eek::eek: poor you hun. I know I am not gonna touch that stuff then. I am so sorry you had to go through that but thanks for sharing. And as I have a problem with using public toilets well, that's definitely not for me. And as everyone has said Slimming World is Low fat already so really using pills probably won't make a difference. I just have to be patient and take each loss no matter how small with a huge smile. Besides I am smaller than I was 3 months ago so even though the weightloss is very slow, at least it's a loss.

Thank you everyone for the good advice.

Thats the spirit :D you can do this without the help of pills :)

My friend took them whilst doing SW and has lost 5 stone in a year, she swears they helped her weightloss. So I started taking them, got the orange oil but not a lot else. I already have problems going to the toilet shall I say!! They weren't working for me at all so I started "testing" them, took one with a caramel cheesecake that had 17g of fat in - nothing - absolutely nothing happened!! So took one with 2 full butter crossiants again nothing happened at all - honestly hun save your money!! For the price they cost you could get a superduper slow cooker which you would get far more use out of on any diet but especially SW.

Ughhh the orange oil is a no, no then. Slimming World all the way in that case.

Back