Extra Easy Alternatives for bread.

ghostfairy

I love bread.
I love toast.
It's my 'go-to' snack.
I know I can still have 2 small slices for a b-choice, but I wondered if there were any alternatives that were syn free or low-syn?
Also, what do people use as a spread?

Thanks.

I use chilled pease pudding instead of butter - delicious and completely syn free on EE (not sure about red or green, I don't do those)! You can't get it in most of the country though, unfortunately (and the tinned stuff is rubbish). Plus point though, it's very easy to make your own and it freezes brilliantly - I freeze it in small batches and take one out of the freezer when I'm running low on "butter". The recipe that most closely matches the stuff I get from the deli counter in supermarkets in this area is here.

I don't have spreads, margarines, or anything like that. I occasionally have butter and syn it as a treat but I think spreads taste awful and are a complete waste of time.

A nice sandwich with a tasty filling doesn't need butter or spread anyway - it's just a habit people get into.

To my mind there is no substitute for good bread so again I have it as an occasional treat. For my B Healthy extra I usually have Ryvita.

Thinking about bread and toast as a regular snack was a habit I had to break.

I've been dreaming about huge piles of buttery toast. Sigh!
Must find a list of bread syn values or read my book a bit more...

You could syn 2 extra slices. Warburtons wholemeal 400g loaf is 5 syns for the extra 2.

Sorry, I don`t know much about those. You could look on the sw site.

If you weigh your bread you may get a bit extra. 2 slices of Warburtons is less than 60g

Back