am I allowed...

in sure you'll get the hang of it hun.

i spent nearly a week trying to find a porridge to fit in with the rules :)
xoxo

Bunny hops, did you find a porridge cause i miss that!

Hi hun, yes i did find one, it took me a while..i love porridge..i'll find the thread and bump it for you,its got the link in the thread.i had it from asda.

xoxo

It would be 8.3gs of you had 100gs. Which (I think) means it's 8.3% fat and we can only have up to 5% fat. So no matter how many grams you have (I.e the 11g sachets) 8.3% of it will be fat.

ok just read back through the post and now i get it but that does seem a bit odd that i need to look at the whole 100gs if im only have 11gs of something.

sorry to cause drama x

Last edited:
Glad I helped. No drama :) you don't wanna be thinking your in the rules when your not x

Hi all :) A mug of boiled water weighs 200grams, so the drink in its intirity weighs 211g, so you are only consuming 0.9g fat in a drink that weights over 200g fat, so your within xenical rules :)

it would be true for any other food barr something you bulk up with water. ie soup or hot drinks etc

Last edited:
Surely that would mean that you could have any percent fat aslong as you had it with something very low in fat. Such as melting Chocolate into natural yoghurt?
I think it's a bit complicated for me lol so I'm gonna stick to just 5gs in every 100g for each thing lol.

Hi all :) A mug of boiled water weighs 200grams, so the drink in its intirity weighs 211g, so you are only consuming 0.9g fat in a drink that weights over 200g fat, so your within xenical rules :)

it would be true for any other food barr something you bulk up with water. ie soup or hot drinks etc

Thats not right hun...

anything over 5gs of fat per 100gs is NOT in the rules. it doesnt matter if its food or drink,or if you only want a spoonful of it, if it is more than 5gs per 100gs then its out.

no input here as we all know im not one to obey xenical rules to the t! ;) lol
but lmao @ celtgirls edit :p

Surely that would mean that you could have any percent fat aslong as you had it with something very low in fat. Such as melting Chocolate into natural yoghurt?
I think it's a bit complicated for me lol so I'm gonna stick to just 5gs in every 100g for each thing lol.

LOL me too!!! :p

hehe thanks!! hmmm, i thought that would have only been true if you were eating 100g of the concentrated powder! oh well, ill steer clear and have coco herbal tea instead! 0% fat!! :D

Confuzzled haha!! think I will def sick to 5g fat per 100g :)

get slim..thats the right way hun... :)

xoxo

I have hubby here who can explain things, so will get him to word it all.

Its all to do with %. We cant eat anything with more then 5% fat. The easiest way to work that out is by looking at the per 100g column. 5g of fat in 100g of product is 5%. So, say we have a product that has 4g fat per 100g, this is 4% fat and it within the rules. If a serving of that said product is 10g it will say it has 0.4g of fat in it, but this is still 4% fat. So if we have another product that says 9g of fat per 100g, this is 9% fat and for a 10g serving it will say 0.9g fat, but this is still 9% fat, so we can't eat it.
I know we talk about 5g per 100g, but this is just the easy way to work it out the %.

Unfortunately, adding water doesn't mean that we can have the product. The base of the drink is still out of our limits.

I hope that has helped clarify things and i really hope i haven't sounded patronising. It took a while to get my head round it until hubby explained it (can you tell he is a teacher? lol)

Lol thanks for that (well tell your hubby thanks :)) makes more sense now!! ohhh I will miss a options hot choc for supper :sigh: never mind :)

I have hubby here who can explain things, so will get him to word it all.

Its all to do with %. We cant eat anything with more then 5% fat. The easiest way to work that out is by looking at the per 100g column. 5g of fat in 100g of product is 5%. So, say we have a product that has 4g fat per 100g, this is 4% fat and it within the rules. If a serving of that said product is 10g it will say it has 0.4g of fat in it, but this is still 4% fat. So if we have another product that says 9g of fat per 100g, this is 9% fat and for a 10g serving it will say 0.9g fat, but this is still 9% fat, so we can't eat it.
I know we talk about 5g per 100g, but this is just the easy way to work it out the %.

Unfortunately, adding water doesn't mean that we can have the product. The base of the drink is still out of our limits.

I hope that has helped clarify things and i really hope i haven't sounded patronising. It took a while to get my head round it until hubby explained it (can you tell he is a teacher? lol)

That is so much clearer! I totally understand now! Thanks to your hubby :D x

Back