Am I being too obsessive?

ClaireS84

I am going it alone doing SW - I am in to my third week and have lost 3.5 lbs but I am currently weighing myself every morning.

I just can't help myself and then I feel rubbish when I have put say a pound on even when it is not my weigh in day.

Is anybody else obsessive about weighing themselves and it this normal? :d'oh:

I normally weigh in the morning but only after a (P**) lol then i can see if i went alittle wrong the day before...... ie Yesterday i got on and i had dropped .5 of a lb and this morning i had gone down a lb.......But in the past i had gone up a lb and i made me more aware of what i was eating through the day..... Some times it can help a person...... If i dont weigh i find i can go a little off track...... My other half is the same, every morning he weighs in. But if you go to class, yours and their scales will be different so dont get disheartened if you think you have lost 5lb at home and only 4lb at class...... Hope this helps you !

its common and i have been guily of it in the past but its something i simply cannot do now, because my moods would depend on my weight everyday, its not really the way i want to live, plus my hubby would probably kick me out lol, i was just making myself miserable. my weight flucuates so much between my thursday weigh in days so anything inbetween is never a true reflection of what the scales will say on a thursday. my advice would be to challenge yourself to weigh in only on weigh in day and see how different you feel to when you weigh daily. :)

I know I'm in the minority but I really don't get the point of weighing everyday. I mean if you're not going to record it and it is essentially irrelevant to your weekly weight loss record then why bother? Especially as it seems to make everyone feel bad because they don't see what they want to. How much weight can one expect to lose in 24 hours anyway? *baffled*

I do, but I know, after a year and a half of SW that that weight means ABSOLUTELY nothing. My weight can fluctuate between 8.7 and 9.1 first thing in the morning and so far, since reaching target I haven't been out of range once! The ONLY weigh in that means ANYTHING is the OFFICIAL one, all others are just fluctuations!

I weigh twice a day, when I get up and when I go to bed, the bedtime weigh in tells me how much I will weigh in the morning minus 2 lbs , yes I know it ridiculous but I cant stop it. Even if I weigh a little heavy it is usually down to a pasta or rice meal. The only weight that I really take notice of is the weekly weigh in day,so why do I do it.

I used to weigh every morning, but as I'm someone that gets upset by a gain, I stay away until I weigh on a Monday morning. Your weight fluctuates daily, so try not to weigh daily hun (easier said than done I know!!)

I weigh myself in Boots at the weekend and get weighed at group on Wednesday.

Don`t think I could cope with the stress of weighing every day or twice a day!!

I find the Boots weight a help as I see whether I`m having a good week (or not). Then I`ve got a couple of days to sort myself out.

I jump on the scales every morning, purely because I like to see how I am progressing or how much damage I have done!

The only one I really pay any attention to though is the Wednesday night official weigh in at class.

I weigh myself about 6 times a day and reading this realise how stupid that is. Maybe I will chuck the scales or try and just do every monday morning. I def think I am nuts!! lol

I know I'm in the minority but I really don't get the point of weighing everyday. I mean if you're not going to record it and it is essentially irrelevant to your weekly weight loss record then why bother? Especially as it seems to make everyone feel bad because they don't see what they want to. How much weight can one expect to lose in 24 hours anyway? *baffled*

But I *do* record it! I have a little table on the inside of the cupboard door next to the scales where I write it down every morning :eek: I love it! I love having a little record to look back on and compare different weeks to :) But hey Im an OCD maniac :D

I weigh myself about 6 times a day and reading this realise how stupid that is. Maybe I will chuck the scales or try and just do every monday morning. I def think I am nuts!! lol

Ok that makes me feel great as I only do it twice, I have tried putting the scales away in a drawer and only get them out once a week but I usually cave in halfway through the week maybe I will give them to hubby to hide for me and only give them back on wi day.

Honeyoc said:

Same as you honey - we are def in a minority though. I don't even own a set of scales, in fact i have spent my entire adult life studiously avoiding them!

I weigh every morning, and track it. Enjoy doing it and gives me immediate cause and consequence if I do stray from the plan ;)

But I *do* record it! I have a little table on the inside of the cupboard door next to the scales where I write it down every morning :eek: I love it! I love having a little record to look back on and compare different weeks to :) But hey Im an OCD maniac :D

OMG really? *everyday*?? I wouldn't even remember to WI everyday! My OCD manifests in other ways, as you know... LOL!

I don't understand people saying they weigh daily because then they know how well they are doing. We all know that your weight fluctuates from day to day so what the scales say every day is a completely inaccurate reflection of whether you are doing well or badly.

Personally I never weigh, I have never owned a set of scales and I don't weigh at all, be it daily (or 6 times a day lol), weekly or monthly. I just never weigh myself.

Wow! I'm glad I'm not the only person who is obsessive. I think I may also try a scales detox and only weigh myself once a week.

Back