Am I being too obsessive?

Ok that makes me feel great as I only do it twice, I have tried putting the scales away in a drawer and only get them out once a week but I usually cave in halfway through the week maybe I will give them to hubby to hide for me and only give them back on wi day.

I had this exact issue, was weighing myself all the time, moving the scales round the house trying to get a lower reading!! My fella has now taken the battery away!! Now I have only weigh in at class, it def makes it more exciting lol

i do to when am sticking to plan. when am deviating from plan i dont tend to because i dont want to know, i think it keeps me on plan. however i know its crazy as the scales dont really give a realistic result. for example i drank half a bottle of wine last night and when i weighed myself this morning i was the lowest i have ever been! i was so thirsty and still been a bit dehydrated after a pint of juice and 2 coffees! so add an extra 2 lb onto this mornings weight is probs in line with what I expect anyway.

My hubby always jokes on when we have had a drink the night before and says "dehydration is your friend"!

I weigh myself every morning - I cannot help it and at least I get a trend on how things are going - it helps keep me on the straight and narrow. However I own the world’s worse set of scales so when I use the word 'trend' I'm not kidding. I've currently got them set reading two pounds higher to match my C's SW scales, and even then all I know is I weigh ‘about’ that weight!

On my weigh in day I must weigh myself five times at least - I am sooo nervous!

Yes, no need to tell me I'm stupid! No need to tell me it's a waste of time - I know this but there are sometimes where my logic just sits whimpering in a corner until after weigh in!

This last week I got to the stage of weighing myself around four time a day - I don't think it does have all that much to do with wanting to see how I'm doing. It is an OCD thing for me I think (though not been diagnosed with the actual condition) - I see them in the bathroom and I feel like a NEED to stand on them. Even to the point of stripping off each time to stand on them lol

I'm the same about checking doors are locked, I'll do that at least four times before I can leave the house or go to bed.

It's really weird and although the compulsion is to reassure myself I find it makes me feel anxious more often than not!

I've had my official WI today - later I've decided to either put the scales up in the attic where it's difficult to get at them or get my OH to put them in the cellar (I won't go down there, afraid of the dodgy stairs).

Although I'm sure most compulsive weighers aren't doing it for the same reasons as me it can probably go down that road if you're not careful :eek:

I'm really interested in this thread as a non weigher at home. I find it interesting how peoples minds work so differently.

The one thing that is really different for me is weigh in day & feeling the need to weigh myself all day to check i will lose at weight in. I, for example, don't get scared by the scales. I know (* week not withstanding) that if i've followed plan 100% i will loose something, and if i haven't followed plan 100%, i have already accepted i might gain before i get on them.

I'm wondering, do some people who weigh daily, or more, do it because they just don't trust the plan? I'm only saying that because part of the reason i don't weigh daily is because i DO trust it. Dunno, maybe i'm just not as bothered/committed as some of you?

Sorry, bit of a ramble there :)

I'm not sure why I do it. I think it's habit, it's in the bathroom and if I've gone for the first wee I'll hop on and then after the last wee I hop on. Sometimes I don't even wear my specs, so I can't actually read it! LOL.

I don't own a pair of scales so only weigh in at group. Occasionally stand on the wii fit when we are having a wii night.

ops i am a regular weigher. hop on and off all the time. somedays i dont but some days it 2 or 3 times.
I know it only the weekly one that matters but still do it. I record every weight and if it up or the same gives me a push to be better,
wish i was brave enough to get back to class.

I'm wondering, do some people who weigh daily, or more, do it because they just don't trust the plan? I'm only saying that because part of the reason i don't weigh daily is because i DO trust it. Dunno, maybe i'm just not as bothered/committed as some of you?

Don't know why I do it really, Im just interested. I just find it fascinating how it changes (or doesn't) according to certain patterns, hey Im a geek :D I know it's bizarre, because I know the plan works and the number on the scales doesn't affect whether I follow it or not, but I suppose when I see a big drop sustaining itself over a few days I find it motivating. (And when I DON'T see any drop over a week or so that also motivates me to behave myself). :D But then again Im pretty good on average, I dont follow it to the letter like some people do (a few syns one way or t'other is no biggie, and w/e's are allowed :) ) but nor do I gorge myself on pizza and stuff these days. Ive just got a healthier way of looking at it than Ive had in the past so I can let myself go with the flow and the numbers arent really much of a factor anymore, in the short term anyway. :)

I weigh myself at home on the Wii fit just before I leave for class, I do like to have an indication as to how much I have lost. I tend to have a sneak peek Sunday or Monday too.

Lately though I've been weighing myself at the gym too (they wanted my weight for induction initially), the thing is I go 3 times a week & there can be anything up to 4lbs difference over the visits & they don't always correspond with the SW scales as I don't go on WI day.

Right so I weigh myself everyday which I am going to stop as it doesnt change what my WI weight is. Although I have weighed myself everyday I have put 0.2lb on - I know it is not a lot but it is still a gain.

I am now going to only weigh myself on Monday mornings!

Back