Am I crazy to start now?

Today was my toughest day for wanting to quit - day 4. I struggled through. But, I don't think it helped making pizza and chips for the kids - pizza is my all-time favourite food! Then, I came home and my husband had a gorgeous-looking spaghetti bolognese! How I got through it, I have no idea!!! But, here I am at 7:45 p.m. and have lived another day!!! Don't know if I'm in ketosis yet - had the furry feeling in my mouth the last couple of days - don't know if that means I'm in ketosis or not? I am absolutely shocked that I am not hungry. That is the most amazing thing. The chemist told me that this is an 800 cal. diet - when I think how other diets recommend 1200-1500 cals., I am shocked. I am more shocked that I have stuck to it thus far! I keep referencing my pregnancies to keep me on track. I was pregnant for 3 years of my life (4 kids) and suffered backache, morning sickness, etc. etc. Surely, I can stick a few months of dieting?!!!

Hi Mary, I did the same thing as you, I didnt put the diet off I dived in with two feet and two hands lol . I started my diet last saturday on a training course with outside caters in, and the food looked amazing. But as soon as I had my shake i didnt want any food etc, I think mind over matter also works with this diet. It's not easy, but with the help of people you meet on here who offer help and advice when u really need it, I think u have a good chnace just like all of us, all the best Xxx

That's amazing Jody!!! You must be so psyched. I keep sneaking on the scales - and it's looking good so far. The chemist told me that if I was feeling low today to come in for a weigh-in for a boost. I'm ok but tempted to do it anyway!!! I'm excited that I'm doing ok. My mini-goal right now is to do the 2 weeks. Thanks heavenlacey! I do think this forum is helping me so much just reading that other people are having the same issues.

I caved and went for the official way-in on my 5th day and am 8 1/2 pounds down! Shocking stuff this!

My weigh-in day is tomorrow. I'm so excited to almost have one week done. My goal is the 2 weeks and if I do, I'll be shocked I made it this far! If I can go longer after that, that would be great. I am just going to play it by ear and do maintenance if I can't. Anyway, here's to a great weigh-in tomorrow and another week.

marymcd said:
My weigh-in day is tomorrow. I'm so excited to almost have one week done. My goal is the 2 weeks and if I do, I'll be shocked I made it this far! If I can go longer after that, that would be great. I am just going to play it by ear and do maintenance if I can't. Anyway, here's to a great weigh-in tomorrow and another week.

Good luck x

I went for my official weigh-in - 11.4 pounds!!!! It's still shocking me that I am on this diet and have stuck to it but the numbers speak for themselves don't they? Great to have week 1 behind me. Here I go week 2!!!

Nice one Mary, great start :) x

Thanks sigourney! X lis - I can't believe you still lost on refeed week! I bet you never thought that you would go below your goal weight! Congratulations! It must be a great feeling.

Hi there MaryMcD. You are doing soo well. I am on day 11 and am doing ok. Ive got three little ones and my youngest is also 1 and a half (born Oct 09). Im based just outside Dublin. Your weight loss in week one was amazing.

Well done

Bellerine

Thanks Bellerine! I was delighted alright. My youngest is 14th October and same year! I'm on day 12 now so we're right on the same track! Have you done it before? My first time but I seem to have the right frame of mind for once in my life!! I was out the other night and didn't die for not drinking! My next challenge is croke park in another week. Might just take one of the god-awful flapjacks! Anyway, here's to weigh-in number 2 - it can't come quick enough for me!

Yes I did this before. I got through 10 weeks and lost almost four stone. I was 11 and a half when I gave up and I felt great. I was wearing size 12!!! I stayed slim for about six months but then it started to creep back on. There was some emotional stuff going on in my life and I didnt really care about my weight at the time. I always thought I'd sort it later. So here I am ...sorting it later. I really want to do it this time ... for good and all and never ever allow myself to put weight back on again. I'm going to do lipotrim 100% for as long as I can stand it and then I'm going to weight watchers but following the LT programme with two shakes and a meal where you lose a pound a week. I plan to be fully thin by Christmas at the latest but sooner if I can bear the TFR diet for long enough. 10 weeks goes by so quickly and its just a matter of taking each day at a time. Saturdays are alway the toughest I find cos I am cooking for the kids half the day and they leave so much on their plates. God help me its hard to put good food in the bin!!

Bellerine

It Is but in the bin or on your tummy , either way they are not eating it are they ... So I say let the bin eat it ...! X

Wow Bellerine. That was some weight loss. That's what I'm hoping too - stick it out as long as I can stand it. No pressure though as I'll just go on the maintenance program if need real food. But, so far so good. Getting used to all the cooking. I cook every day for the clan and the funny thing is when I can't taste the food to see whether it's ready or not - it's amazing how quickly you adapt! I was thinking of following the GI diet after this. It's not so much about portion control but the quality of the food. Thought it might be easier. Will have to research it closer to the time. Anyway, good luck with it. We're all in it together! Keep posting. I swear this is my lifeline when things are rough.

Well done on your first weeks fab result!!! Keep at it day by day!!! It will be so worth the 100% effort. Water is your best friend. Keep sports bottles everywhere!!!! so you are never without it. Sipping water is the best way to keep hunger and boredom of not eating at bay.
Whilst on TFR why not start making small changes to the family meals. This way by the time you get to refeed and maintenance, you won't have as much temptation in the house.
Good luck with your journey!

well done both of you that is a great result!

Thanks for the tip Irishmolly - will definitely try incorporating stuff into family meals. Optimistic still at this point.

Back