Am I doing this wrong? Eating too much? Newbie - help!

Basically your consultant has given you wrong information but you can contact SW if you want to check.

What I was trying to say sorry was that it says on the SW website that you dont need to use your HEs at all if you dont want it - they are recommended not mandatory. So that being the case why would they make you syn them if you are not using the full listed amount - that makes no logical sense

HTH

I agree. I occasionally don't use all of my milk allowance but still count it as my HexA & I will then syn it if I want another HexA & calculate the amount of milk used & syn it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

I would never dream of synning a healthy extra if it turned out i only had half of it on one day?!?i i have neva heard of that in the 10 yrs i have been doin this plan!!! I have heard that if you only use a smidgen of milk on one coffee as a healthy extra in a day (ie 25mls out of your 250mls daily allowance of semi skim milk) then maybe you would be "better off synning it " and havin a full hex-a of cheese for something else?? I really dont understand why from group to group advice and instruction can be so different as i assume slimmming world training and rules all come from the same place?!?!? Xxxx

Last edited:
Hiya patchwork puss (waving). I am really confused now, I know it doesnt take much! Our c told us if we didnt have our full allowance then we had to syn it. I dont understand when you say " When you think about it, why would they make you syn it if you have say 200mls semi skimmed milk when they say you dont need to have it at all. Have I not read my book properly (that is a possibility not read the new one fully). ?? Think I will ask her again on Monday. I am having the almond blue diamond milk at the moment and that is a whopping 875 mls.

Mine says the same as this. The way she explained it (i was massively sceptical) was that if you don't have the full amount you aren't getting the full health benefit of the healthy extra (fibre & calcium) & so it won't help your weight loss in the way a healthy extra should. So, you should syn it & use your healthy extra on something else.
I guess it kinda make sense. I even told her about the email that patchwork posted & she still maintains it.

I don't find it's an issue as I eat cheese as my healthy a usually but if I used it for milk it might be a struggle!

Well because I do red and green days I often have both cheese and milk. 875 is a lot of milk yes but I am managing to have it all. Tomorrow, rice pud. I do love my milk but I just wondered about this really. It does bug me that we have such conflicting advice. Thank you kingleds for your informative post. By the way kingleds, off topic, Mexico 2 weeks today. Cant wait! :)

Well because I do red and green days I often have both cheese and milk. 875 is a lot of milk yes but I am managing to have it all. Tomorrow, rice pud. I do love my milk but I just wondered about this really. It does bug me that we have such conflicting advice. Thank you kingleds for your informative post. By the way kingleds, off topic, Mexico 2 weeks today. Cant wait! :)

Well Jel of you - even though i've been where you are going! You will have a FAB time!

I too feel like I'm eating way too much , although when I count the calories it only ends up being between 1100 - 1500 calories daily , which correct me if im wrong - this is still a calorie controlled plan in the grand scheme of things?? I'm very much hoping that this plan works for me as Im loving it - especially after doing weight watchers for sooooooo long!!

Back