An Idiot Abroad

RubyMoss

Silver Member
I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE Karl Pilkington, and have done for an awfully long time (since the XFM Radio shows with Ricky and Steve).

Hence, An Idiot Abroad is the most perfect TV show ever!

Do any of you guys watch it?

xxx

What channel is it on Ruby ?

It's on Sky1 on a Tuesday night at 9 I think (not sure as we sky+ and never watch anything when it's really on!!)
It's so funny!! I'm really not a Ricky Gervais fan and I've found Karl hilarious!!

Yeah, it's Sky 1 but it's 9pm on a Thursday!
This week is the 3rd week, and hence the 3rd wonder of the world!

I'd definitely recommend it!

I won a Sky competition to see the first two episodes at the cinema and LOVED it! My DH and I were laughing the whole way through.

The Directors and Producers were there and some of the stories they told were hilarious, lets just say there is a lot more to the bathroom sequence in Indian :D

So glad I just found this thread as I had completely forgotten to Sky+ tomorrows episode.

I can't wait for tonight! It really is something I look forward to!
I'm not sure whether I should be worried that I agree with a lot of what Karl says... xxx

I love the show. Is he really like that though. sometimes he says something and i see a him trying to restrain a little smile.
thinking about India, what was that man doing with his "you know what"

I've only seen the first episode but I love Karl Pilkington, he's so adorable. I'm off to China in March though! At least now I know to take a lot of toilet roll :(

Going to watch episode 2 tonight :D

Emily

I love the show. Is he really like that though. sometimes he says something and i see a him trying to restrain a little smile.
thinking about India, what was that man doing with his "you know what"

I've listened to all the XFM radio shows, which I think date back to 2001, and he's always been like this. I mean, I think he's started to realise that he gets a reaction when he says something a bit daft/mental, but essentially I think that's just the way he is. From a fellow mancunian, I often empathise with a lot of things he says... and can verify many of his stories through my own family's recollections!

I've listened to all the XFM radio shows, which I think date back to 2001, and he's always been like this. I mean, I think he's started to realise that he gets a reaction when he says something a bit daft/mental, but essentially I think that's just the way he is. From a fellow mancunian, I often empathise with a lot of things he says... and can verify many of his stories through my own family's recollections!

i think he is great. did he do another show like this before?

I love love love this show! I think Karl is great, he's so funny. Sometimes it's easy to think that he's acting or putting something on but he really is like that!

I don't think he did a show like this, but I think he did a short thing about art or something? I'd have to back that up with evidence though...

I love this - his view on life is very much just common sense!!

"Would you rather live in a palace looking at a cave or live in a cave looking at a palace?" Brilliant!!

Me and the hubby were in hysterics watching the Petra/Jordan/Israel/Palestine episode!

I love KP!!!!

I have his book 'Happyslapped by a Jellyfish' and used to watch the cartoon of the podcasts (with him, RG and SM on) and they were SO funny!

I love An Idiot abroad!!!! x

I love this programme - fave bits to LOL at so far have been him being force fed toad, him in Dead Sea finding gunky stuff in his bellybutton and the fireworks bit of tonights show. We always watch the repeat on Friday nights at 10pm. LOVE IT!

Its quite cool watching him visit all the places i have been on my travels - we went to Chichen Itza (or chicken itza if you are me) and then next week is the Pyramids where i have also been - i need to complete the set!!!

Just dont fancy the China M6!!!! hahahahah! x

Back