Angel Delight & Tesco

paperclip

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Hope you might be able to help me with this one...

Chocolate Angel Delight, no added sugar, is 11 syns per sachet according to SW website, and if you put the data into the calculator (47 g sachet, per 100 g: 464 kcal, 5.8 g protein, 60.5 g carbs and 22.1 g fat), it comes out the same.

I've known (pre SW) that Tesco's own brand no added sugar chocolate delight is a lot less bad (49 g sachet, per 100g: 100 kcal, 3.6 g protein, 13.0 g carbs and 3.6 g fat), but online syns still says 11 syns (as it does for all brands of NAS chocolate delight) but syn calculator is saying 2.5 syns per sachet!

I know SW say the calculator is only an approximation and the online syns should be used, but surely a sachet with 230 kcals and a sachet with 50 kcals can't be the same?!

Help!

Hi everyone,

Hope you might be able to help me with this one...

Chocolate Angel Delight, no added sugar, is 11 syns per sachet according to SW website, and if you put the data into the calculator (47 g sachet, per 100 g: 464 kcal, 5.8 g protein, 60.5 g carbs and 22.1 g fat), it comes out the same.

I've known (pre SW) that Tesco's own brand no added sugar chocolate delight is a lot less bad (49 g sachet, per 100g: 100 kcal, 3.6 g protein, 13.0 g carbs and 3.6 g fat), but online syns still says 11 syns (as it does for all brands of NAS chocolate delight) but syn calculator is saying 2.5 syns per sachet!

I know SW say the calculator is only an approximation and the online syns should be used, but surely a sachet with 230 kcals and a sachet with 50 kcals can't be the same?!

Help!

Hi
I have no idea how to work syns out but it does sound odd to me too. I was wondering if the milk played a part in this and if you used it as a HeA what the syns would be then?

I have a butterscotch one in my cupboard so I would be interested to know the answer to this too.

If you work out the 100g for each they come to 11 syns per packet. They both have different ways of wording the 'per portion' values which may be causing confusion with the calculator.

The Angel delight is per 89g (with semi-skimmed milk)

The Tesco Version is per 25g ( serving with 150ml semi-skimmed milk)

Rereading your post I am wondering if the packet details are printed wrong as the nutritional value for them online can be found here and is clearly similar to Angel Delight http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesc...dded_Sugar_Chocolate_Flavour_Delight_49g.html

Hmm.... here is the Tesco nutritional information (same as printed on the back of the packet) Tesco Delight Chocolate No Added Sugar 49g product information - Tesco.com and here is the Angel Delight one: Angel Delight Chocolate No Added Sugar 47g product information - Tesco.com

It doesn't say 100 g (as prepared), so it reads like 100 g dry powder for each.

I can't believe it's printed that wrong - is that not illegal? - and it's been those values for at least 4 years (I can't remember any further back...!)

I don't really want figures for when it's made up with milk because a) I might want to use skimmed milk, or b) I might want to use it with my HEA so not need to count, or c) I might want to use it in a recipe!

Argh! Thoughts?

I think that is 100g made up weight on the tesco packet.

I would say it is 11 syns per packet of mix powder.

Just wondering if anyone found out a syn value for angel delight not made up? I was thinking today how it'd probably be a low syn desert if counted the milk as a healthy extra!

bump

Did anyone ever find out if its 11 syns per packet -
and you counted the milk as a healthy extra how many syns would it be?

Normally you deduct 6 syns if using a hex

I've been on the website and 1 serving with milk is 113kcal so I dont know how many syns that would be with the milk taken off. I'm new to all this so I don't really understnad how to work them out. I know it's 20kcal per syns but how much would you take off for milk?

xx

Back