Another Calorie Counter.

Sam35

Silver Member
Hi all,

After trying many diets, including CD, WW and SW, I'm going it alone with calorie counting.

I've been doing it for 2 weeks and have lost 10lbs so far, I really like the freedom of counting cals, as I know I can have anything as long as I keep within my calorie budget!

My heaviest weight was 13 stone 10, and I am now at 12 stone 1, hoping to get to 10 stone realistically.

I'm surprised there aren't more people here on this board.

Maria x

Well done what a brilliant loss :)

Well done what a brilliant loss :)

Thanks Starlight ;)

I've looked at that weightloss resource website, and I've been having 1300 or so calories a day, but they say I should be on 1100, dont know whether to drop the extra 200 calories or not really? I know my weightloss is going to slow down, I've always lost quite a lot in the first 2 or 3 weeks, but then it drops to about 1-2lbs after that.

Decisions Decisions :confused:

Hi all,

After trying many diets, including CD, WW and SW, I'm going it alone with calorie counting.

I've been doing it for 2 weeks and have lost 10lbs so far, I really like the freedom of counting cals, as I know I can have anything as long as I keep within my calorie budget!

My heaviest weight was 13 stone 10, and I am now at 12 stone 1, hoping to get to 10 stone realistically.

Maria x

well done on your weight loss......excellent work!

I LOVE calories counting too:)

Hi, I'm on Weight Loss Resources too, and can I just say that I think you have done really well losing 10lbs in two weeks, that's a brilliant amount!

I tend to look on this board every day but as you say, there doesn't seem to be very many of us here. If you like we could start out own calorie counting/chat thread, and maybe it will spurr me on as I want to lose 1st for Easter...

Hi all,

Maria x

Hi Maria

I am joining you on this if thats ok

I love counting calories, I need to exactly what I'm putting in my mouth every day.

I'm trying for less than 1200 at the moment, and some days I try for only 1000. I used to just eat soooo much, and not really know the right size portions, etc.

And I try and eat 4-5 meals a day - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner.

Hi, I want to start calorie counting . I've gone from 13 stone 10lbs to 12 stone and I'm finding it very hard to loose anymore weight even though I have like 3 more stone to go. I've looked into the weight loss resources which has let me know how many calories I should be consuming which has helped a lot because I have been getting confused with so many different opinions. I'm 20 and I am determined to lose the weight, I'm just struggling because I'm trying really hard, I've been consuming between 1000 and 1300 calories and the scales aren't budging, actually this week it shows I'm 2 lbs up, how depressing. I'm really getting down because of this plateau so I'm really afraid I'm going to start comfort eating again and mess up all my efforts. I just need to find the right way for me and the fact you have had such great weight loss makes me think it can happen. I Hope.

- Oh and congratulations on your weight losses, it really cheers me up when I see that it can work.

I've been consuming between 1000 and 1300 calories and the scales aren't budging, actually this week it shows I'm 2 lbs up, how depressing. I'm really getting down because of this plateau

I know this sounds scary, but you may find it helps to up your calories for a week. Nothing too much. Maybe up to 1500. Then drop them back again.

If you are too nervous to do that, try eating different foods at different times of day. change your activities. Jig it all up a little ;)

Best of luck. Plateaus are disheartening are they, but very normal. In fact, even if you don't change anything, it'll probably start up again when your body has caught up.

Oh, and make sure you are counting correctly. Everything.

the first week i CC i was super healthy in what i ate, stir fry, lots of veg, protein, good loss, then i start sticking to my calories BUT wasnt eating to healthy... note the loss! ok so its taken me a while to work this out, however this week i stocked up on veg an turkey and chicken and will see if its kick starts me...

Back