Another Newbie

sweetcheaks

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this site so please bear with me if I asking some silly questions. I have been on Xwnical for just over 10 days now and I dont know if I am doing it right I have had no side effects at all, I have been taking my tablet one x 3 times a day with every meal but so far no side effects!!!
I don’t know if this is because I am doing it right or not!!! I am not due back to the Dr for another 2 weeks to get weighted so cant tell if I am losing weight or not. I got rid of my scales some months ago because I would be good all week weight myself and find out I have not lost anything and them eat rubbish all weekend, so I have decided to not weight myself until I go to my Doctors in two weeks time.

Does anyone else not have any side effects,
First time I have joined a forum and I need all the help and support I need I have to lose over 8 stone:cry:

Hello and welcome.
You will be pleased to hear you are doing it right!! If you get side effects you are not!
Its best to try and stick to the doctors weighin, then you wont get obsessed by the numbers lol!
I also have alot to lose so you are not alone.
Seems like you are doing great so far. The best bit of advice i can give you is to post lots on here! It really is an invaluable source of advice and support. And we have a laugh along the way too! Good luck x

Thanks Abby, I don't know about you but all my friends are soo thin they don't understand - so I am glad I have found this site, I am fed up being the fat friend. I have a hen weekend booked for next May with all my slim friends so I am determinded this time to loss it.

hey welcome to minis!

good luck on your journey! i agree post lots and it will be a whole lot better!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Im new also. Been on Xenical for a week now and also no side-effects. So we must be doing something right!
Happy weight losing!:)

Welcome to you both and good luck. I too threw my scales away as they were broken and weighed me nearly two stone lighter! I only get weighed at the Drs once a month now and I feel so free, I know the weights coming off as I'm getting smaller and thats good enough for me in between weigh ins.
xx

Hi there and welcome :) Like the others have said, side effects only mean that you've eaten too much fat, weight loss means the tabs are working :)
Good luck on your weight loss journey, and remember there is no such thing as a silly question :)
xx

new to xenical

Hiya,I've been taking for 12 days and like you have suffered no ill effects. J
I'm also following slimming world and my first weigh in I lost a very poor. 1.5lbs was gutted! I've stayed away from cheese, oils,fats and choc etc so was expecting more. I hope my body is just slow in getting started. I'm at the start of my journey too - also 8 stone to go! X

cant add much to what the girls have told you , dont forget to check the sticky threads at the top of xenical forum :)... any questions just ask x

welcome to you all! :D post, post and post some more.. you won't go far wrong with this lot to help you out (sounds like you're doing fab already!)! :D xx

Hi, good luck with your weight loss. There's loads of good advice on here and we're all in the same boat so know exactly how you feel.
Shorty x

So hard

Thanks for all the comments its very helpfull, its been so hard yesterday and today :confused:, my house has never been so clean :eek::eek: I am scared to go into the kitchen incase I eat. I know its all in my head that I am hungry. I have been good for just over two weeks and I don;t know if I have a wee treat it will help or just open the flood gates for me to starting eating crap again :sigh::sigh: Never mind I new this was not going to be easy :D What do you all do when the cravings start ???

i go to bed hahah... well some times i do!

Hello Sweetcheaks

I started xenical 4 days ago, and thought it wasn't working, as I had no side effects either, but reading your replies I must be doing something right after all.

I had cravings last night, but nibbled on three dry cream crackers (yummy :)), had a couple of glasses of water then thoroughly cleaned my kitchen floor, whilst imaging what I'll look and feel like 8 stone lighter. (i've got the same potential weight loss as you :sigh: )

I bought medical scales ages ago for another failed diet, so plan to weigh myself on them weekly, and weigh in at docs monthly. If there is an annoyable difference in the scales, then I'll just weigh at at docs.

Good luck, come on we can do it!!!!

Hi Rainbowrose,

We will get there:):) my best friend is getting married next July, big wedding and my husband is bestman so I am praying that I will be thin for then, everytime I feel my chocolate craving coming on I keep saying to myself 15 stone!! as I want to get to 15 stone by Xmas (only 3st to go :confused:) and 13 stone by March and 10 stone by June (I think if I break it down it will be easier)

This is the first time that I have been determined all the other times I have started a diet if I am honest I did not put 100% effort in so hopefully this time.

Back