Another Newbie

Hello :)

I suck at/hate writing 'intro' posts, so I guess I'll just get it out of the way.

My name is Ashleigh. I am 20 years old. I have been overweight for most of my life but two years ago, when I weighed 280lbs, I realised that I had zero quality of life. At 5 ft 5 in, I was putting my body under massive physical strain. I had little respect for myself. I felt anxious leaving the house in case comments were made about my weight. Looking back, I think I was on my way to become agoraphobic. Even now, I have a tendency to feel myself becoming a little anxious when I'm on my own in crowded places such as supermarkets. But anyway two years ago I realised I was slowly killing myself and made the decision to join WeightWatchers. I had few commitments then, so was able to attend my meetings religiously. I lost 60lbs. I have now plateaued. FOR OVER A YEAR! And over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed that my eating is getting out of control again. I am back to stuffing my face with crisps, and eating way too much bread. Today, I realised that after coming so far, there is no way I can go back to the place I was in 2 years ago. I just cannot allow for that to happen.

I am still a member of weightwatchers, but I have not been following the plan or going to meetings for a few months now. So I am completely wasting £20 every month! Not to mention the wasted gym membership. I now work as a health care assistant, 12 hour shifts on a rolling rota, so it is not possible for me to attend a weightwatchers meeting every week. So I have decided to join this forum, in the hope of finding support and tips from other in the same or similar situation as me, as I am unable to get the support of the weekly weightwatchers meetings that I used to benefit from.

I currently weigh around 220 lbs and would like to weigh around 150 lbs

Sorry this was so long!

Tl; Dr? : Hi, I'm Ashleigh. I want to lose more weight. It's nice to 'meet' you! :D

Back